Sign in to follow this  
axure

Is vehicle fuel consumption accounted for?

Do vehicles (ground and aircraft) use up their fuel? Is it possible to refuel? Is it possible to blow up enemy's fuel supply and immobilize his vehicle fleet? :D

Yes, vehicles need fuel, yes you can refuel, but it doesn't seem neccesary.

It's often neccesary: vehicles get shot at and can spring fuel leaks.

Had great times trying to fly my chopper back to base with fuel gauge visibly going low.

Great sensation when you make it just in time!

Just found in page 30 of the manual:

Did you know? … …Fuel consumption of VTOL flight mode is significantly higher than normal.

Where is the fuel gauge, on the cockpit itself? I've never seen it as part of the UI.

Top-left of the screen, right by the armor indicator. it is represented as a fuel can icon with little bars next to it.

***EDIT***

Actually it is in the cockpit too now that I get to looking at it, awesome. ArmA 1 just had a speedometer for land and very basic flight systems for air.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

What about tanks? I haven't seen a fuel gauge in one yet.

All vehicles use fuel, whether indicated or not. However, fuel consumption for most vehicles is so slow that you wont have to worry about it. For aircraft, it's higher, but unless you're pulling long sorties, you wont have to worry about it. For ground vehicles, you can refuel from any refueling truck or any fuel station you find (watch out, fuel stations also make quite large explosions when hit). For aircraft it's the same, although parking a C-130 next to a fuelpump is quite interesting :P

I dont think I'd call it slow...

Considering most vehicles these days can go from anywhere between 300 and 1000 km's on a single tank of gas, for instance:

M1A2 - operational range ~450km

LAV-25 - operational range ~660km

H-60 - combat radius ~600km

V-22 - combat radius ~690km

now consider the relatively small area you're operating in, i think its pretty reasonable...