Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Secondary Ops Manager Module Discussion

I see the good old question didn't ever get answered: how to switch between Russians and Takis (and other forces for that matter) when placing secops. Most likely auto managed and not possible so this is then a request to the BI: guys can you please amend the module a little to allow us to choose the forces appearing (like already possible with the ACM for example)

I see the good old question didn't ever get answered: how to switch between Russians and Takis (and other forces for that matter) when placing secops. Most likely auto managed and not possible so this is then a request to the BI: guys can you please amend the module a little to allow us to choose the forces appearing (like already possible with the ACM for example)

Actually, it did get answered, more than once. But, I sure the heck am not going to look for it. :p

To rehash, basically, yes, it could be done, but it would take a great deal of coding. And, if 'you' did it, I am assuming you would not even be able to use the module, except in SP, because it would be altered. Of course, if someone did it, they could give their work to BIS, I guess. :)

The Dev's may or may not setup the SecOp for the new armies. I am guessing they will, but don't hold your breath. There was a reply from, I think, the Lead Developer on that matter. The post is around here somewhere. ? :) I think in this thread.

EDIT: This would apply to the other factions not available, also.

Edited by CyOp

And, if 'you' did it, I am assuming you would not even be able to use the module, except in SP, because it would be altered.

Hello,

So do you think that it would be possible to create a "SOM_2", as an addon ?

The limit i think would be that only two new faction would Available forEach SOM_x module (i.e. Chedaki vs CDF, for instance)

Hello,

So do you think that it would be possible to create a "SOM_2", as an addon ?

The limit i think would be that only two new faction would Available forEach SOM_x module (i.e. Chedaki vs CDF, for instance)

All I really know is, "there is no easy way", as stated by DnA, a BIS Developer (and another deveoloper, I did not find the post) . If someone had the coding knowledge and time, and here is another assumption, I assume it can be done. Actually, I know it can be done, if a developer says he will look into it for a patch.

In regards to a patch 'fixing' this, well, (not trying to be bad), this game (just Arma) has been waiting for years for patches to fix some things. So again, don't hold your breath.

IMO, this is one of those things that should not have required a patch to begin with. 'It' should have already been implemented with the release of OA! :mad: (Not really mad, but you 'feel me'.)

Is there anyway to stop the Secops transport being active after the helicopter is destroyed? i have it set to a custom heli as in code below, and i have a respawning heli with the same name once the original inevitably flies into a tree, its ok if they crash (i guess) but i need the transport to keep working.

waitUntil {!isnil {player getVariable "mainScope"}};
SOM_mainScope = player getVariable "mainScope";

SOM setVariable ["settings", [["ambush", "attack_location", "destroy", "patrol", "rescue", "trap"], "true", ["Alpha", ["Alpha"], "H.Q.", ["HQ"]], "360", "true", "1800", "0.7", [500, 700]]];

[["transport"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

SOM setVariable ["TSS_vehicle_custom", t1];	// 'Helo_Transport' is the preplaced unit that will be used for transport.  Comment this line out to use default Huey.
SOM setVariable ["TSS_allowed", ["pickup", "unload"]];		// Commands allowed by the transport vehicle.
SOM setVariable ["TSS_plannedLZ", [0,0,0]];			// Defaut landing zone, will be set via map click after pickup.

t1 setVariable ["supPool", [player], TRUE];		// 'player' is the unit that can use this.
t1 setVariable ["supPhase", 0, TRUE];		// Default variable for what phase of transport it's on.
t1 setVariable ["onMission", objNull, TRUE];		// Default variable for it it's busy or not.
t1 setVariable ["stuck", FALSE, TRUE];		// Default variable for if it's stuck or not

Can anyone point me (looked but cannot find) a way to set the unit type for reinfocements? When I have the SOM option to reinforce I would like to override it with a variable to point to a different set of units (not referring to the Takistani OA units = russions issue BTW).

Anyone know the line to change reinforce units type? It is similar to how you can change for vehicle on heli pickup?

EDIT: ignore I keep overlooking the SSM module for this purpose via OA ...

Edited by mrcash2009

How do I detect if a player refuses to accept a secOp mission, or ignores the request until the mission is cancelled? I found this on page 33 of the thread, but I'm not sure how to use it.

You can do this by checking the SOM's history, stored in its main variable scope:

private ["_mainScope", "_history"];
_mainScope = player getVariable "mainScope";
_history = _mainScope getVariable "history"; //[# completed, # failed]

OK ... I have now used SSM module for unit drops ... but now as I was the last to realise this populates the communication menu and then I cannot select any confirm requests to secop missions, nor can I see option for heli pickup/trasnsport under secop / communication menu.

So .. has anyone got links of how to trigger certain aspects of requests outside of the communications menu?

Why on earth BIS overlooked this and doesn't have the communication's menu just adapt to more options in the list I dont know.

Ok...so got everything working but a few questions about SOM:

1.)How can I blacklist my entire base from getting missions placed near it within 700m?

2.)How exactly do I get call signs working? Problem I'm having currently is that its displaying call signs with a random number after it....HQ radio text is this : CROSSROADS 1: Blahblahblah when it should be Crossroads:Blahblahblah.

3.)How can I make the convoy markers further apart or make them actually start in Town A and travel to Town B?

I modified the SOM/Arty demo mission from the wiki and played several secops with my buddies online. The the comms only work if the person who is hosting the game picks the group leader position that the SOM GL is sync'd to.

The trick is that it has to be done from a listen server (i.e. host a server from the same computer you are playing from).

LOADS of fun!

You sir should get a pat on the back as you have inspired a solution to this problem.My mission uses the SOM and High command modules and I was having this exact issue on a dedi server that it didnt resync.

After reading your comment it dawned on me. OF COURSE!

There needs to be something that is constantly synched to these modules, GAME LOGIC!!!! I added a game logic called server, synched it to the modules, synched my leader to the modules then (here comes the good bit) I made the game logic a subordinate of the player.

Player synched to module, gamelogic sybched to module. Gamelogic subordinate in group with player.

Have tested it on dedi and it works fine. (adding support options with triggers. make sure the support option goes to server game logic and not player as it will be passed to group leader anyway which is player).

This is tempremental but its a a start. The only bug I can find is if someone leaves the server completely and then comes back. the SOM wont work bu the HC module is fine.

Go figure XD

Hope this helps folks.

ONE WARNING:

Make sure AI is NOT disabled in your init. i.e:

disableAI = False; (correct)

disableAI = True; (Wrong)

Edited by ker8er0s

After some testing I have found that if you die/respawn while an artillery mission is in progress then you may lose the battery.

The HC module has been working fine in all circumstances but I think we have made inroads to the multiplayer SOM solution, I hope a more experienced coder can take up this route and get us a fully working solution.

**TESTING ROUND 2**

If you have an artillery module present then you will need to synch that to your gamelogic too otherwise leaving the server and returning will lose the artillery.

Have it working now during respawn, disconnect/reconnect and change player and return.

I have been using the artillery part of the SOM so the other elements have not been fully tested.

Hope this all helps folks.

Edited by ker8er0s

OK. i am having a problem with the secop manager... it works fine with the creation of missions but as i use the ( [["transport", "aerial_reconnaissance", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;) while put in a tigger i can't seem to get all of them support options to work. only the UAV works. when i try to use transport or artillery berrage. nothing happens, why is this?????????????????????????????????????????????????

P.S. im only playing ARMA2 OA. not COmbined ops. but i don't think that should be the problem!!!! HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

i have a big problem besides the one above this one, ive noticed also with the secop missions when i have a convoy mission. and hit accept. it says they are already destroyed on acceptance. and well as attack missions. there are not enemy units guarding the base

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Anyone else having trouble with Ambush in OA? Every time I get an Ambush, it immediately says "UAV reports all vehicles destroyed" and the secop ends.

this is exactly what im talking about in the above...

and the transport does not come as well. also stated by someone else awhile ago on this thread

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle

OK. i am having a problem with the secop manager... it works fine with the creation of missions but as i use the ( [["transport", "aerial_reconnaissance", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;) while put in a tigger i can't seem to get all of them support options to work. only the UAV works. when i try to use transport or artillery berrage. nothing happens, why is this?????????????????????????????????????????????????

P.S. im only playing ARMA2 OA. not COmbined ops. but i don't think that should be the problem!!!! HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!

From what you describe, it appears you are playing as a squad member, not a squad leader. Is that how the mission is set up?

If so, I believe, as a squad member, only the UAV and CAS work.

About the ambush not working, I believe it is a known bug. I have not messed with the game for weeks, except to install the latest updates, so I do not know if it is fixed. Also, I think the bug was introduced in OA, so lucky you, huh. :p (BTW, you do know you can just take out the ambush scenario, correct?)

yes i know i can take it out =).. but i am the squad leader. so not sure why it doesn't work... and i hope they fix it soon, because every side mission doesn't work. ambush is complete right away. the attack missions there are no enemy units guarding the base

Hello,

Nothing new about enemy faction spawning with the last patches ? I think it would be great to use BAF and PMC with the SOM...

Any new documentation on how to add custom-made missions ?

It seems Secops is not working for me either using call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc, combined ops - patch 1.56

If i use the SOM only to call in Artillery (like in the Sample Missions on Biki), is there a way that no SOM Missions come....?

After a time i always get the SOM question to do some missions...how can i disable this ?

Wiggum

Just put : this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]]; in the init line of the SOM module

Hey there,

is it possible to change the plane for SecOps Air Support?

There is always an A10, but i would like to see some usermade addons with it. For example a F15 or F16. Is this possible? I know there are other ways aside SecOps, but i'd like to have the radio communications too.

After reading 37 pages to my dissapointment there is no answer on how to BLACKLIST an area from the SOM? I am using ACM and SOM, I want the same exact blacklist area as my ACM. I basically have my base in the airfield and I only want units spawning inside zargabad. Changing the minimum radius will keep them out of my base obviously, but then they spawn 300m away from zargabad.

Please add "BIS_SOM_X" or some method to blacklist.

Dose anyone know any of the following I’m making a SOM framework and im having problems with it counting supports as missions complete.

1: another script other than “((SOM1 getVariable "history") select 0) == 1†that only counts missions?

2: a way to stop HQ from giving out supports as rewards for doing SOM missions?

hey all I skimmed the 11 pages or so couldnt find how to change the Opfor units seen when I use Spec Ops manager. Basically I want them to spawn Takistani insurgents instead of the default ARMA II units.

As far as I know you can't change the units, its been the big problem with the SOM from the start.

They said some time ago that they may do an update to allow you to use other units, but at the mo they have other things to work on.

Best thing to do is work into your missions that your fighting the Russians all the time if you have combined operations. (I find an alliance between Russian and Takistan is best). If anyone knows otherwise id love to know.

Bis needs to implement a method to select the side off the spawned enemys.

It is really sad if someone on the server only got OA and he cant see the enemys :)

Why the hack there not using Takistanis on Takistan:confused::confused:

And the lag of Informations about how to create custom SOM Missions is really sad too.....

To rectify this do what i did in my missions, set your radio to have what you need, this way if they go missing clicking the radio option will bring what you back :)

Simply add a trigger and make it:

1. Activation:Radio Alpha

2. "Repeatedly"

3. "Present"

4. "Timeout"

5. Type "None"

6. Name: (nothing)

7. Text : "Artillery" (well, the name to show in the radio option for what the option is)

8 On Act. add the following:

[["artillery_barrage"], player, [[RIPPER, [1,7,9]]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Now duplicate it (CTRL+C / CTRL+V) as many as you need change Activation: Radio Bravo ... Charlie etc as you go for each radio option. Also change the text field to whats relevant to show in the radio ... then in the "on act" section add the following per function:

Transport:

[["transport"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Supply Drop:

[["supply_drop"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

So now you can select your radio and it will pull these per click back into your communications menu if you find they have disappeared.

I see its been asked here but anyone got any updates on how to set resupply ammo crate/contents & how to select the vehicle to be dropped? Also how to set unit type and ammount for the reinforcements?

This and other requests I know were completely fixed and sorted by Mando with his Arma1 scripting pack, in which you can set any supplies, any ammo boxes, and reinforcement types (how many) what heli to drop with, what ammo reinforcement dropped with, whether they landed or para'd out before reinforcing you .. many many options and shed-loads of script variables to adapt to any mission style ... so .... WHERE ARE YOU MANDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get it on for Arma2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how do you put a trigger in the editor of specop???

i want change the units and put more airstrike and reinforcments but there have no options in the editor