Sign in to follow this  
trini scourge

Secondary Ops Manager Module Discussion

I could not find an answer to my question in this thread, does anyone know the commond that adds multiple airstikes instead of just one to this:

[["tactical_airstrike"] , player] call BIS_SOM_addsupportRequestfunc;

Does this file need to be changed for using multiple airstrikes in a mission? Or does one add a number in somewhere?

thanks, Steve

Edited by stevedrumsdw

I could not find an answer to my question in this thread, does anyone know the commond that adds multiple airstikes instead of just one to this:

[["tactical_airstrike"] , player] call BIS_SOM_addsupportRequestfunc;

Does this file need to be changed for using multiple airstrikes in a mission? Or does one add a number in somewhere?

thanks, Steve

if your using triggers ingame to use SOM support, you can make it a radio activation trigger a set it to repeatedly, for hint put this in text "+1 CAS" with the quotation marks

if your using triggers ingame to use SOM support, you can make it a radio activation trigger a set it to repeatedly, for hint put this in text "+1 CAS" with the quotation marks

Thank you:D

How to check if one SOM mission is complete?

I want to grant my self with 100 points, when one SOM random mission is complete,

How can that be done?

Have they still not fixed this module yet? It would be a shame to see them bring out the new game before they fix this one. :confused:

I've got a SecOps Module set up (synced to player), and the artillery works - but nothing else does! I'm using this code on a radio alpha, repeating trigger:

[["transport", "aerial_reconnaissance", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

This is in Op Arrow. I can call in the arty fine (with radio message confirmation etc), but if I call for a transport, or a supply drop etc, nothing happens, even if I speed time up and wait for ages. After calling, the 'Transport' option (for example) displays 'active', but no heli, and no radio messages either to indicate it's worked. Any ideas anyone? I added a virtual artillery module initially, but the arty seems to work fine without it, so I deleted it as I think the module's supposed to spawn it's own units?. And will this work ok in co-op?

Also, a related question - if I add a Simple Support Module as well, the Sec Ops Module seems to override the 'ammo drop' option I get with the SSM on it's own and it doesn't appear. Is it possible to add the transport support or aerial recon to the SSM instead (as it seems to have everything else, and doesn't spam me with missions)? Finally, how would I add a simple helicopter transport that comes to the players on it's own, and a separate supply drop?

Thanks guys :)

EDIT: *sigh* I guess, thinking about it, what I want is all the supports in the script to work with the sec ops missions running, a way to add the transport & recon supports to the SSM, and a solo helicopter transport (on radio activation) that I can use independently of modules. I'm also hoping these will work in multiplayer (co-op), as I've been trying all night to get the sec op missions to show up for co-op players, and trying to get the supports working properly? Hope that's not too much to ask! :)

Edited by SkyDice

Done some more testing and found the code works fine in ARMA2, but only the arty/CAS works in OA. Simple support module/sec ops module bug reported in troubleshooting forum, seems the SOM overrides the '2' comms option the SSM uses for supply drops. Supply drop option only appears once a sec ops mission has been offered, but the sec ops comms option doesn't appear as the SSM is telling it 2 should be a supply drop, making it impossible to accept the mission.

Anyone else having trouble with Ambush in OA? Every time I get an Ambush, it immediately says "UAV reports all vehicles destroyed" and the secop ends.

hey everyone...ok i have a few questions! its late here and iv been up all nite(been lucky to have a few days off work), so iv been setting up my FOB template(which i plan to release), but im having some problems with the secops.

below is my Init.sqf file! an someone please review it as i know somewhat about the modules and have had them working many times before in the standard arma2, but its been awhile and im sure my problems are a simple fix, but iv been starring at this damn Init.sqf file for many...many hours now, so im hoping a fresh pair of eyes can find the problems my eyes are missing!

now..my problems are

1. I made the "Callsigns" with my own names(Whisky)..now back in arma2 i have had this same thing working. so i dont know the reason its not working!

2. the distances in which the SOM spawns the missions is not at the distances i think i have set up(which i think are wrong..but yet i have had this working before aswell)

3. now i believe this is normal(not an error) but when using the transport i get no radio voices(or even texts)..so i dont think this is a problem just wanted to check for sure tho!

ok now this is kind of offtopic(as this thread is for the SOM, not the ACM) but since i am posting my init.sqf and i have a small problem with the ACM part im wondering ifsomeone can answer this too, as you can see the only classes that i want to be spawned are the BIS_US(us army), BIS_TK_INS(taliban-looking badguys), BIS_TK_CIV\BIS_CIV_Special(Civys)! and yet all the fractions get spawned! any help for all the questions would be great!

My Init.sqf:

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_OA_ACM getVariable "initDone"}};

waitUntil {BIS_OA_ACM getVariable "initDone"};

[0.8, BIS_OA_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc;

[bIS_OA_ACM, 400, 800] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;

[["BIS_US", "BIS_TK_INS", "BIS_TK_CIV", "BIS_CIV_special"], BIS_OA_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;

[0, 0.6, BIS_OA_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;

[0.2, 0.5, BIS_OA_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;

["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_OA_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

["air_patrol", 1, BIS_OA_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;

[bIS_OA_ACM, BIS_ACM_1] call BIS_ACM_blacklistAreaFunc;

// ====================================================================================

waitUntil {!isnil {player getVariable "mainScope"}};

SOM_mainScope = player getVariable "mainScope";

[["transport", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

BIS_OA_SOM setVariable ["TSS_vehicle_custom", FOB_Transport];

BIS_OA_SOM setVariable ["TSS_allowed", ["pickup", "unload"]];

BIS_OA_SOM setVariable ["TSS_plannedLZ", [0,0,0]];

BIS_OA_SOM setVariable ["supPool", [uS_Soldier_SL_EP1], TRUE];

BIS_OA_SOM setVariable ["supPhase", 0, TRUE];

BIS_OA_SOM setVariable ["onMission", objNull, TRUE];

BIS_OA_SOM setVariable ["stuck", FALSE, TRUE];

BIS_OA_SOM setVariable ["settings", [[], true, ["WHISKY", ["Whisky"], "H.Q.", ["HQ"]], 120, [800, 2000]];

p.s. iv just tryed to read this whole thread(all 29pages) and other stuff(including using search) and yet nothing was able to help me...maby cause im too tired but still..i tried looking!

i really like to have something like this:

[["BIS_US", "BIS_TK_INS"], SOM_1] call BIS_SOM_setFactionsFunc;

Guys, I don't think I dreamed it - the other day I saw a "Gunship Run" as one of the support options - calls Apache for support. Anyone knows what the editor's name is of this thing so that I can call it up via SOM module? I can't find it on biki.

Also did OA add any other new support types like that. Don't think so but still worth asking.

How can we configure the enemy faction in secOps? I want enemy spawned just to be the Chedaki. do we have any info of that?

Has anyone figured this out yet - sounds like an important option to have.

Is it possible to check if a SECOPs mission has been completed with a script? Like an addEventhandler?

Guys, I don't think I dreamed it - the other day I saw a "Gunship Run" as one of the support options - calls Apache for support. Anyone knows what the editor's name is of this thing so that I can call it up via SOM module? I can't find it on biki.

Also did OA add any other new support types like that. Don't think so but still worth asking.

gunship_run

e.g.

[["transport", "aerial_reconnaissance", "supply_drop", "tactical_airstrike", "artillery_barrage", "gunship_run"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

thanks - never thought of trying out something so simple.

Now if only I could figure out how to choose the opfor faction

HELLO EVERYONE! i have ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA installed, but when playing ARMA OA and i use the secondary operations manager in my editor, when ever a mission is created such as attack location, Russians spawn instead of the takistan. how do i get each faction to spawn for its appropriate map

Request units and mortar support, but i dont know the names for them.

Anyone else having trouble with Ambush in OA? Every time I get an Ambush, it immediately says "UAV reports all vehicles destroyed" and the secop ends.

Yes, i have the same problem. Any fix someone?

-------------------------------------------------

I want to use both the "SecOp manager" and the "Simple support module", but then i cant answer to a secondary mission. How can i do that?

I don't if I'm just impatient or if it's the fact that ARMA is sometimes bad at letting you know stuff is happening and is being acknowledged. But I'm trying to call in Airstike support in a standard SP SEC OPS mission and IT NEVER SHOWS UP!! I wait, and wait and it says it's active in my support menu but NOTHING HAPPENS. Now with Gunship runs I do notice the apache incoming, but when it crashes i still see it as being Active in the menu and thus wont be able to call in another. Anyone else experiencing this?

I was wondering if it was possible to use the SecOp Manager along the Warfare module so the player can have arti strikes?

The problem is that I have attached a Radio Juliet trigger 0-0-0 to bring the artillery support online which normaly gets in 0-8(Communication)-1(Request support)-1(Artillery Barrage).

But obviously since warfare is running it must generate a conflict because I don't even get the normal [hint: ping Support available].

Communication-Request support never appears, instead I have the menus of the Warfare Module: Communication-Disband selected[], Send units[], Send money.

What alternatives do I have? Is it possible to call using a radio trigger the Artillery Barrage of SOM (in this way: 0-0-0(Artillery Barrage), Radio: "Click on the map, soldier.", Click on map, Radio: "Rounds fired", "Splash", BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, AAARGHH!, My leg, oh god, my leg!, etc...).

Or is there any other way?

Edited by a666

HELLO EVERYONE! i have ARMA 2 and ARMA 2 OA installed, but when playing ARMA OA and i use the secondary operations manager in my editor, when ever a mission is created such as attack location, Russians spawn instead of the takistan. how do i get each faction to spawn for its appropriate map

I too am trying to figure this out. I've been playing around with some scripts and trying to set which factions spawn but with no luck. I have tried looking around and on the wiki etc but I am a complete noob when it comes to scripting and using this editor so any help would be much appriciated.

I wanted the right enemy faction to be the target for the secop missions that generate. Like I'd want to fight the Takistan Army and Takistani Milita instead of the Russians.

What do I need to do?

(I bet this was already covered but.. I can't find where its been covered.)

hi guys, im not sure if this has been covered already, if so im sorry, i searched and didn't see exactly what i was saying just similair

I get how to add supports using the SecOps module, my question is, how do i add them so that they are only available during an active SecOps mission?

Does that even make sense?