Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

patch 1.02 suggestions

In one (or more) of the cities, a bell sometimes rings, the sound effect does not complete before it repeats, causing a very noticeable abrupt end of the sound.

Yes, I know, very minor.

Things I would like to see in this patch (or the next again perhaps):

Motion blur toggle on/off

Anti-aliasing (man that fillrate method is an fps killer!)

Change the muzzle flash graphics

It´s a question if there will be an Arma 3 from BIS at all as they have stated that they are looking into other game-concepts unrelated to MilSims.

If they decide to get out of milsims I sure as hell hope they have the decency to release the ARMA2 code under GPL eventually, similar to id software so the community can take it over.

If they decide to get out of milsims I sure as hell hope they have the decency to release the ARMA2 code under GPL eventually, similar to id software so the community can take it over.

The decency eh?

It´s a question if there will be an Arma 3 from BIS at all as they have stated that they are looking into other game-concepts unrelated to MilSims.

That could just mean that they will take a break, make another game in another genre to try someting after so many years, and then return to with Arma 3.

I want the PP-effect while aiming back like on this ArmA1-Screen.

Can´t find it in ArmA2 .... Why...?

Regards -rF- Culti

my only wish for a future patch is : bring back the arma1 comand menu , it was much better and easier to use than the new one, or do it optional to choose between them :)

I want the PP-effect while aiming back like on ArmA1-Screen.

Can´t find it in ArmA2 .... Why...?

Regards -rF- Culti

Why would you want that? It's completely wrong und unrealistic, a classic example of DoF gone haywire, imo. Anyway, DoF is still in ArmA 2, just set the postprocessing to high in the options.

Why unrealistic? If i aim trough the sight of weapon and look on my target which is just a few meters away i have this effect in RL...... so don´t understand what you mean... you don´t look on your weapon when you want to hit your target....

Motion blur toggle on/off

Anti-aliasing (man that fillrate method is an fps killer!)

Change the muzzle flash graphics

Right

Exactly

Yes

I agree these points =)

a small thing that need to be fixed.

Makarov's aiming point is misaligned about one inch over the top of ironsight view.

Server browser to show if VerifySignatures option is on or off is helpful for player to pick a secure server.

Edited by CuteQA

Why unrealistic? If i aim trough the sight of weapon and look on my target which is just a few meters away i have this effect in RL...... so don´t understand what you mean... you don´t look on your weapon when you want to hit your target....

Your eyes will do the blurring all by themselves if you concentrate on your target, no "gamey" exaggeration is needed. IMO.

Graphic engine optimization should be first in the list. Game performance is very bad.

Edited by katua

Your eyes will do the blurring all by themselves if you concentrate on your target, no "gamey" exaggeration is needed. IMO.

Mhhh..... but not on my FlatScreen..... ;) ... or i don´t understand what you mean :confused: .... and its not the right thread

to discuss that... so lets stay on topic... :D

Ragards Culti....