Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

patch 1.02 suggestions

I am unable to check, but if vehicles do travel faster than walking infantry (while driver sets "Q" pace), the matching would be appreciated.

I would also like, to have in Arma2 a benchmark demo. The PC Overclocking/Hardware communities would gladly put their hands on it and test their powerful setups. It works almost like viral marketing.

The thread owner could keep first post updated.

i'm sure lot of people will agree that 'default' A2 shall include in future:

+ countermeasures for air vehicles (flares,chaff etc)

+ smoke screens for armored vehicles and maybe some Active Protection System

good idea, i forgot about that one ;-)

i'd also love to be able to release flares to mark enemy territory which fall REALLY slowly to notify ground units etc.

If BI make patch 1.02 a big one like ARMA's 1.08 patch which came with lots of extras it would give a feeling of a more completed game

I'd like to see the carrier movable.

And Carrier, Destroyer, and Fregate playable, that would give really nice mission opportunity's.

Ive been playing the German game my friend sent me from Ramstein and I'm hoping some big improvements come in 1.02. Here are my main gripes with the game and my overall impression.

1. Graphics - They are gorgeous and with a nice setup, it looks photorealistic. However I have noticed that with people with normal systems they will have to turn down draw distance and hings to that nature that may prevent them from being highly effective.

2. Motion Blur- When I first loaded the game up I had a headache within 20mins of playing it. I don't get motion sickness easily so I think this is a big problem. The main problem is the focusing. The game simulates focusing to an extent. When you run things in the distance become fuzzy, therefore its imperative to stop and focus in on your surroundings. However it is very fake feeling that the Headbob intensifies this blur. Third person negates all this but thankfully the Headbob slider in the Game Options helps minimize nausea.

3. Devils in the Details- The small things count, and hopefully are patched prior to an US release. There are countless little glitches and bugs that add to some frustrating moments and deter you from the epic warfare going on. Want some examples? Here we go. When approaching certain aircraft like the Huey, it is a pain finding the Pilots seat. The quick method of just jumping anywhere then scrolling o the desired position doesn't work cause in the Huey's case, the Pilots seat isn't selectable...Doh! When respawning at home base and trying to quickly outfit your soldier or buy vehicles, the menus take waaaaaay too long to update sometimes. I tried buying a Huey at 3k a pop only to have the screen not register, I waited there for 3mins looking at a blank screen until I decided to click it again. Thats when the que informed me I purchased 2 hueys. These sort of things along with Campaign glitches like a tank you need to shoot disappearing into the ground and such adds to frustration, not enjoyment.

4. Armory - Such and awesome concept but falls waaaay short. I love the ability to go in and just have fun by yourself and mess with stuff and at the same time have the ability to play some fun and no so fun challenges. Here is a quick list for the frustrating Armory

Challenges dont match well. The challenge system is obviously random. When you are tasked with defending a wide open area and all you have is a MP5. Or fying your Su-27 and then told to go to 3700m ALT in 30secs (fyi impossible). To being cheap like doing survival missions in any sort of armored vehicle or plane (super easy). So either challenges are super easy or impossible, with a very few being fun and possible (most notably assasination and search and retrieve). Secondly, some challenges flat out dont work. The firing range and Trap shooting being the most notable. Overall the Armory is a great idea but doesn't flow well enough to be worth the time it takes to plow through.

5. Basic Training - is super buggy. Firing range works but if you ask to do itt again or accept the challenge it bugs out. The Halo jump is glitchy with blur effects appearing in weird places.

6. Comm - The radio chatter mixed with voice overs or any other types of comm gets really really annoying. Especially in the campaign when your guy is talking casually to HQ but at the same time calling out enemies. This not only breaks immersion it damages the image of authenticity.

So with all that I know Bohemia knows they have work to still do. Because with this product the game should not be pushed in the US, it will get wrecked by reviewers. I say it is still a good two months of hard work away to fine tune it. It is a very ambitious game that even with all these bugs is a delight to play FOR ARMA fans. At is current state it won't draw new people. It has a brilliant campaign full of emotion and unique decisions. It has one of the best editors I have seen. It has gorgeous visuals and awesome gameplay. But it needs a lot of work to make it the dominating game it could be. I have never seen a military game that offers this much depth. I am excited to see if Bohemia will do what needs to be done to refine and tune this game prior to release. Please PLease Please God, let them hear these words.

1. Fix so Grenades don't fall through multi-story buidlings(Go to an Airport, go to the ATC building, and throw a grenade where the stairs are, the grenade will fall through the floor.

2. Make it able to Syncronize and group multiple units at the same time.

3. Add the ability to add waypoints to animals, and group them with other animals/humans.

4. Add some female voices! When playing a a Woman Civ, and you talk to another Chenarussian, you have a MAN voice, which sounds very funny! (Have the voices auto-change when you are a female.

5. The ability to change a UAV's Waypoints, or even add more.

6. Add a Gyroscope for the UAV/UH-1Y camera(You guys have one in all tanks/APC's, so why not the UAV/UH-1Y. It's very frustrating when the pilot keeps turning and i cannot see what I'm doing, making the laser useless.

7. The sunglasses look like they are in front of the glass, when I pilot is wearing them in UH-1Y. Also the glass of the UH-1Y is bullet proof.

8. The interior glass in the driver seat of the BRT-90 isn't quite see-through, all i see is white.

9. The ability to tell your team(Through command)to shut-up on the comm(Quite anoying, when I'm listening to what i think might be a tank at a distance, and suddenly one of my squad yells "GO, IM COVERING!")

Edited by Nicholas

most important thing for me is:

1. the movement - bug wich i described in the ctf people thread (suggestions)

soldier goes sometimes to safety-mode (weapon down) without wanting it..

=> this is dramatic in smaller fights (PvP)

2. Performance optimization

=> performance is equal to how agile the soldier is (movement / aiming)

3. FSAA

=> makes it easier to spot enemies and will be a big plus for gameplay

here's a picture to compare 100% and 200% Fillrate:

http://www.imagebee.net/images/1gzt7d1ctbr2pjkm5q2u.jpg

Some other things:

- ZSU-23 (ground versions) do not have proper optics. They are bugged. You can´t see anything with them, while the Ural-mounted versions do work properly.

- Grasscutter missing. Please reintroduce it. If you have to do it from the scratch pls make it a scaleable gamelogic or trigger with rectangular/round shape to make it easier and faster to use.

Hi All.

There are several bugs I found that should be corrected (I hope someone from BI will read this post :)

- AI range of fire - it's actually set for some defined value for each weapon (eg. 160 meters) and when you are further than these 160 meters and BOT sees you, he doesn't shoot, even if you shoot to him. I understand that weapons in real have limited range of fire, but when somebody would shoot at you, would you still be looking at him and doing nothing, even if your weapon is ready to fire?

- Strange behaviour of AI when BOT doesn't see you and you start shooting for making some noise. AI seems to be deaf and you have to shoot almost in BOT's legs to make him aware (in our old good OFP it was solved much better). But quite different situations happen at night, when weather is set up on "storm". Environment is loud and so dark (when there's no moon on the sky) that you have to use NV Goggles, because you can't see anything. Nevertheless in this bad weather the BOTs can hear your moves (even if the wind, rain and thunders are very strong) when you are distant 100m of them, turn back and kill you.

- Too loud sound of bonfires, causing probably by lack of fading sound - see the next point (bonefires also generate too big range of light at night - are simply too bright)

- Sound of any burning object doesn't fade out when you are more and more away from it, but simply cutes itself off in some defined distance.

- Bad working optic for BM-21 (btw. position of gunner is completely other story... :)

- Bad working indicators in cab of MLRS and no foresight for it's gunner

- Still strange bus sound when it starts to accelerate (almost completely fades out). I thought it was repaired in 1.01 patch as is described in readme file.

- Too fast animation of climbing on ladder

- In T-34 exhaust smoke going out from only one pipe

- Too small suspension moves when vehicle accelerates / breaks for tanks (APC's seems to work corectly). Only T-34 has well working suspension

- Bad camera position for bus and Kamaz (too close to vehicle)

- No glasses texture in profile menu.

- The last phase of PKP reload animation is wrong. The cover lock doesn't move back and is putting on barrel. After that the cover lock immediately appears on the right place

- Receiver in MP-5 doesn't work

- Tanks (I didn't check what happen with other vehicles) can't correct moving in "column" formation on "safe" behavior and "limited" speed. Commander tank drives OK, but the rest of the platoon rotate around several times per minute and they sometimes don't driving on the road

- Very strange idle sound in the background that appears in EVERY vehicle and sounds like working hand-saw (one, two, one, two, one, two...) - very disturbing after several minutes (and completely unrealistic)

- Sometimes "move" waypoints for AI don't swich.

- Trees and ferns growing in some lakes under water. It's very good idea to add plants under water but it can't be trees, especialy like spruces.

- Fatal bug when you getting in into the vehicle that has got "critical damage". After that you start to moan, like when you are injured

- In some kinds of terrain tanks' treads move fast, despite the vehicle isn't in motion.

I found these bugs so far.

Things to change - my own suggestions:

- Too weak light of street lamps - at nights they give very poor light. That's unrealistic.

- It's a pitty locomotives seems to be not working (they're just a static objects) - it was be very nice to have possibility of making train in missions

- Exhaust smoke that goes out from vehicles is often too small, almost invisible

- There is a white/red/green dot that highlights objects (friends or enemies). It's no possibility to turn it off in game options (in difficulty options too) so it's very disturbing (or maybe I haven't found solution to disable it so far...).

- Disturbing sound of mosquitos - it simply appears to often (and should appear generaly only in summer)

- Poor animation when going out of water - man simply appears standing up on the ground

- Bad texture of sea / lake bottom - it should be rather sand and stones (such textures there are on the beaches and shallow water places)

- Maybe it's not very disturbing, but useless terrain of the island (behind zone shown on the map) could be more interesting than only one green texture, for example by some random generating plants and trees

Sometimes eyelids of dead bodies still moves for long time after men are killed - is this proper reaction of human body? (I don't know so asked)

I haven't tested campaign and missions yet.

I think most of these bugs could be eliminated by simple config changes, but some of them require interference in the game engine.

Nevertheless the game is very interesting. Thank BI for making it!

Edited by Gromov

BIS, you must do something about recoil, i actually don't feel like shooting a real weapon.

I have a thought that maybe a gun should go backwards after a shot so that we'd have a feeling of gun's Kick?

Backwards I mean closer to the camera.

Add russian transport, armed UAV like skat (UCAV) and maybe one more russian multirole fighter

And fix bugs

would be nice if it's finally resolved

when helicopter gunner teamkills friendly it's counted as pilot's fault

same goes for gunner vs tank commander etc

Magnification for ACOG sight needs to be improved. Now it's much more like 24x magnification rather than 1.5x or 6x magnification.

hi, just want to see a fix on the weapon loss, when you go swimming you lose your main weapon ,they got it fix in arma after couple off patches but now we face same prob in arma2 , hope it get fix soon!!!:bounce3:

they got it fix in arma after couple off patches

I guess that´s not true. It´s not a bug, it´s a feature and afaik it is in Arma 1 (patched) and in Arma 2 for the same reason(s).

I hope BIS will try to fix the driving AI and bugs before adding more gameplay features to this game...

-Cheating AI: Shooting through wooden fences where no one can look through,

Shooting at you precise with close/middle-range weapons on very

big distance.

-What's very annoying is the strange animation when climbing a ladder.

- I can't hear the engine of the SU-34 when flying it. Is that normal ?

-When you play animals in the armory you get the aim to run through a parcour but

the most animals can't get up the ramps, it's bugged.

-Medic-Bug

-Afterburner would be great

- Better AI / better AI performance

One thing that has never been addressed in OFP-ARMA:

Parachute landing is realized very very awkwardly. Now upon touching the ground your parachute and character are frozen for about 2-3 seconds; then the most strange sequence of actions kicks in. The player kind of spawns mid-air 3-4 feet above the ground and jumps off the parachute. Very often when landing in hot LZ you get shot while being frozen for 2-3 secs in transition. There should be some transitional animation of rolling backwards on the ground during the touchdown immediately after touching the ground and before transitioning into the regular in-game stance, preferably prone ala ECS in ArmA.

Women are always standing in boats. Please make them sit down like all men do. It looks so strange, when they put their heads through the sun roof.

:confused:

arma22009060708430327.th.jpg

armafrauen.th.jpg

This maybe in the wrong thread, feel free to move as necessary

1.Animals must be swim :)

2.Remove radars, from all ground vehicles, only Tunguska and Shilca have radars.

3.T-90 must have beter armor...

4.Maybe BIS can insert M163 and Strykers, from ArmA AA, in ArmA2, for warfare, its be super

5.Remove stupid finger in monitor center, and change big faces in monitor bottom, to smaler, like ArmA or OFP.

Sory for my englisch :)

Basic needs of 1.02:

1. Better performance

2. Fix unreliable driving for AI

3. Fix problem with AI running through solid objects, like fences.

If you fix those, game will be a hell of a lot better and more fun.

BIS, you must do something about recoil, i actually don't feel like shooting a real weapon.

I have a thought that maybe a gun should go backwards after a shot so that we'd have a feeling of gun's Kick?

Backwards I mean closer to the camera.

In the original ofp, the gun caused your whole "camera" to recoil, much like your body in real life. In ArmA1 and 2, only your gun recoils, which is fake.

Support for FSAA please...

:(

Women are always standing in boats. Please make them sit down like all men do. It looks so strange, when they put their heads through the sun roof.

:confused:

Well, have you looked up there skirts yet ;) . Somebody posted a screenshot (i can't find it) of a dead hooker, and well you can guess what the picture showed.

1. AI path finder in roads. (youtube video)

2. The bird sounds are too laud and they can be eared inside a moving helicopter. (couldn't find the video where it shows)

3. The white blow that appears on every white material. (youtube video at 1:20) (make as options since there are people who like it)

4. Fix clutter in general so it blocks AI sight once and for all, preventing AI to cheat. (ohara knows what i mean)

These are my most concerns by chronological order.