Sign in to follow this  
sethos

360 Controller: Y-Axis Inversion?

Hey,

Been looking through the controls menu for some time now and have only seen Mouse Y-Axis inversion. Isn't it possible to invert the Y-axis for infantry controls with the 360 controller?

Thanks

When you do bind keys, you should have the ability to bind joystick ax+ or ax- independently. Don't you have?

Unfortunately the game doesn't seem to work like that this time around.

Out of interest can I plug my xbox360 controler into my pc and use it? Then I could fly using the joypad and infantry using mouse and keyboard.

Probably a silly question so be nice :D

yes you can, you might have to manually download the xbox 360 pc drivers.

It worked great for ArmA and I will for sure use it with ArmA II

wow thats awsome. If only I had thought about plugging the joypad in years ago :S

Still looking for an answer ...

BUMP!! Still cannot find this option for the Xbox 360 controller "scheme". The Y-axis option in the controls menu works for mouse only, and I don't have the patience to set up the controller manually -- hence the need to switch it even though the "scheme" is applied.

Admittedly I'm only interested in making a controller work since there is still no known way to disable the mouse acceleration/smoothing (NOT LAG).

Same here. No CONTROLLER INVERT!!!!! It is not a 'problem' it is just NOT IN AT ALL:(

If you guys are REAALLY rehehehe!! leee desperate....

Try turning the controller upside down ! :D

There! instant controller "inversion" :p

I don't have the patience to set up the controller manually -- hence the need to switch it even though the "scheme" is applied.

And if you did, you wouldn't be able to map the "fire" command to the right-trigger. Which in itself is another issue.

I've been trying to find an answer to the op's questions myself with no luck. Anyone have a clue?

And if you did, you wouldn't be able to map the "fire" command to the right-trigger. Which in itself is another issue.

I've been trying to find an answer to the op's questions myself with no luck. Anyone have a clue?

I tried several changes in the Administrator.ArmA2DemoProfile but to no avail. I also pm'd Suma (with a .1% change he will actually respond:))

There was a guy who used controller + mouse ... definitely worht a try (if you have a mouse avail) although i prefer the IVERT business solved!! (i'm considering to buy TrackIR)

There are several 'xbox 360 controller' posts, and they all pretty much say the same thing. Maybe they will get merged...

Either you use the profile and nothing can be changed, or you don't use the profile and you can't change a couple of the buttons (RT as fire for example).

Maybe this is on the list of things to address, but I wouldn't think it's a priority... :rolleyes:

Maybe this is on the list of things to address, but I wouldn't think it's a priority... :rolleyes:
Essential if BIS has a 360 version in mind

Seeing the 'Single Player Scenario' in action (An improved Elite mission editor) and all the 360 controller references INCLUDING color coding ... well ... all points to at least a 360 version dev'd in parallel and therefor

... INVERT look certainly has to be adressed sometime:)

and I don't have the patience to set up the controller manually

Well I tested my patience and tried anyway. Turns out it cannot be done with the MS 360 controller drivers (at least to the integrity of the predefined X-input "scheme") due to the binding of the triggers to the same axis (Left-Trigger is ZR- and Right-Trigger is ZR+). This means one cannot fire the gun while in analog zoom, and to fire one must make sure LT is not being pulled more than RT.

X-input enabled games fix this, which Arma II is, but the actual game settings don't allow one to invert joystick axises. I've tried putting a minus sign ( - ) in front of various joystick lines in the profile file to attempt to negate any for of axis movement. This didn't seem to do anything to help fix the situation (can't remember if just the settings bar was "blank" at the in-game config, or if the stick also stopped working).

I mean, I could not think of anybody I know that uses inverted Y mouse, yet I can think of literally dozens of people who use inverted Y stick. Seems kinda backwards to provide mouse and not stick Y inversion.

EDIT: Reads up ^^

Hmm, looks like the page didn't decide to load the replies until I posted my own. Ah well... obviously this issue is well known by the community at least.

Edited by MrKlorox
duuhhh....

^^ Of course i use 'invert' with mouse too, since Quake1:) (and i guess there are millions who do the same)

Controller INVERT should be in a coming patch

I'm having difficulty playing this game without the Y axis invert on the xbox360 controller. Most games have the option to switch. But I'm surprised ARMA2 can't. Will the patch come out soon for us gamers with the controller?

Bumping this. I like the mouse + keyboard combo, but the 360 controls seem like they would work out really well if there was a means of inverting the Y-axis (infantry only, the aircraft controls are just perfect).

Another user here that would like the invert option for looking/panning up/down with the right stick.

Hey is there an update on this situation?

thanks

Set the default scheme in controller menu, then go back to changing controls manually and modify it to your needs.