Sign in to follow this  
sethos

360 Controller: Y-Axis Inversion?

just got the game installed the patch and i cant invert the y axis. this has basically renedered the game unplayable foe me since i have used inverted controls since the days of my amiga. im really dissapointed in this game, its basically just gonna be another expensive coaster cos i cant go back to mouse and keys now im used to my 360 pad. how can bohemia call this a next gen game yet overlook such a basic thing as this?:rolleyes: pathetic.

I'm in the same boat. Oh well, at least I have OFP2 on the 360. Until they fix the invert-y controller issue, it's all OFP2 for me.

I just got Arma 2, and I would like to invert the Y axis for the 360 controller.

So far I've not been able to find instructions on how to do this.

Is it possible?

Thanks.

It would be fantastic to have the option to invert the Y axis in the 360 pad control options so i could fly with the controller and maybe do a bit of infantry (i use inverted) on my big tv :)

Please make this a consideration for the next update, im sure it would'nt be hard to add.

Thank you.

Yup Me Too :) .The flight controls are inverted on the Controller(perfect) but infantry is opposite :( .I invert mouse as well since way back using Flight sims.Now if the controller Y axis could be inverted I would be in heaven as far as controls go.The controller is perfect for flying and inverted.I just don't get it.

I am hoping BIS can fix this or tell me what I am doing wrong.

Yes the lack of 360 controller invert y axis has screwed me up too. I find the game unplayable without it so it looks like I have thrown my money away. How can the developers not have patched this by now? :mad:

oh C'mon guys quit bitching about it... "I can't invert my Xbox 360 controller > Game unplayable" < What a load of fertata...

just got the game, still not been patched in then? i take it there is no news of it coming in a patch... a trivial problem but a massive pain! hope a soulution is somewhere in the pipeine :)

oh, i know its a pain, i even tried pinnacle game profiler and still no luck. i have a hard time due to disabality with hands and controller is most usually the option for me, i dont mind selecting keys to for certain option(seems as if there are many options) but i just cannot fps w/ keyboard and mouse anymore. arrgh Right stick y inversion please...

oh C'mon guys quit bitching about it... "I can't invert my Xbox 360 controller > Game unplayable" < What a load of fertata...

Kristian i wont be rude but its pretty damm hard to undo about 15 years of muscle memory where you keep trying to push down for up and vise versa. Personally I cant play Arma 2 till there is an invert for the controller. Also I know what your saying "why doesn't this (whatever name you decide to call me) just use the keyborad and mouse". I have a physical disability that prevents me from sitting up for long hours. So a controller is best for me.

To any andinistrator who may read this. A controller Y-axis invert would be cool!

PEACE!