Sign in to follow this  
headspace

ArmA 2's Artillery Module

Headspace, thanks for the cool arty!

Do you know why we get these errors when putting just a player and arty logic with gun on the map:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconCreated'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconCanceled'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconDone'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.iconFailed'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.colorCreated'.

Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.colorCanceled'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.colorDone'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/RscArtyMap/Task.colorFailed'.

?

In an attempt to fix my "clear the way" mission, I've been trying to make artillery work in MP without the SOM module (as the SOM module has serious bugs in MP - communicatino is not shown and thus it's impossible to tell what you need to do to call the artillery, and besides, SOM doesn't give much control over the missions), but had little success.

Problems:

- Battery takes time to become available after it finishes firing, and I can't seem to make the commands that check if it's ready/done firing to work properly. The BIS_ARTY_F_IsAvailable and BIS_ARTY_F_StillViable don't seem to work. Would be nice if there was a way to tell if the battery is ready to fire again yet or not.

- Missions are limited to the magazine capacity, even if there is an ammo box filling it faster than they are using it.

- Arty can only be called on the server, yet I need players to be able to call in the artillery.

- Can't make the laser guidance work. Placing "LASER" instead of "HE" in the template does not seem to do anything.

Edited by galzohar

hi, itry make my M270 MLRS shoot where i want them to

i really no sure, i read the artilley wiki but no use for me, i want it so i can request artillery on a traget i choose. i got my m270 x 3 lined up, and I synced it to the artillery module, now must I do what

Lots of scripting that will ask the player for coordinates (usually via map click), and then call the arty fire function as shown in the wiki. And if you think it's too complicated, you're right.

ok, well all I want is some artillery, just something simple where I can choose targets of my artillery, and its a Unlimited artillery (no run out ever0

do you think you can assist me with this, just maybe the cannon.. very simple artillery?? thx how to do :)

You can try use cpbo and take the artillery from my "clear the way" mission, it's pretty clear which parts of the init.sqf and which scripts handle the artillery there. Though you may want to wait a bit for 1.11 where a small issue with it will be fixed, but the idea is the same.

Got this all working using the sample mission in the wiki!

I think the artillery templates are mixed up. I did a HE suppression fire mission and each gun fired 2 rounds. I did a Fire for effect fire mission the guns fired around 10 rounds + each. Check out this vid.

rwVqeNQCyBU

The problem with the SOM artillery is that it bugs out on multiplayer.

How, specifically? If you can demonstrate a clear repro, I can offer advice on how to resolve the issue.

No radio messages when used for artillery (and nothing else) in multiplayer. The issue was present in previous versions of my "Co6 Clear The Way" mission, which is now fixed by simply not using the SOM module but rather scripting it myself, which actually seems to work better aside from the lack of a dialog (it only uses hints to ask you to click the map and tell you how many strikes you have remaining and when the mortars are available again, though again since I couldn't get the commands to work I had to simply time it and use sleep rather than actually check for when the battery is ready).

The issue was both on a dedicated server and hosted. Exact same thing worked in single player no problem.

Another issue is that if the leader is dead, the SOM module is no longer functional. With my script it's a radio trigger so it works just fine even when the leader dies (though a game bug seems to occasionally prevent passing the leadership when the leader dies, which is annoying).

Can you link your mission.pbo so that I can see what you mean by the battery status functions failing?

[["-->artillery_barrage<--"], player, [[RIPPER, [7,8,9]]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Is it possible to change this name? - I mean if I've several batteries and they are all named the same in my support menu it's rather confusing I think... ;)

Is it even possible to have more than 1 artillery strike available?

I haven't tried, but it is an interesting concept to try out. I will experiment and let you know, but why do we need more than 1 battery in the first place? That being said, I will try to work something out with each type of arty.

Is it even possible to have more than 1 artillery strike available?

If you have diffrent names on the arty module and have diffrent radio trikker it should do the trick.

It works when the enemy is fire arty on you. I have made a mission where some morters are using HE on you and then a other arty ( D-30 ) battery is using WP at the same time. so if it works for the enemy it should work for you to.

But i havent test it. but try and se if that do the trick.

I meant with the secops. Obviously you can have more than 1 battery, but I thought you wouldn't be able to add both as secops support option at the same time because of how the secops is made.

Thanks for the link for that artillery mission template : http://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=33437.15

It worked almost perfectly for me. But I have one little problem with it that i can't fix. I only want to have 1 or 2 defined units to be able to call in artillery from the Russian side.

I have been searching all around the forums for this but could not find it. Is there a possibility that you already know the answer.

I am not really good at scripting.. So if it is possible can you give me a code to put in the trigger from that example mission on the OFPEC topic.

This is the only code in the trigger and it works fine with that. But i am creating a player VS player so i want only one side or one defined unit to be able to call in artillery:

hint "Left click on map to set target coordinates"; onMapSingleClick """target"" setMarkerPos _pos; [sch_arty, _pos, [""IMMEDIATE"", ""SMOKE"", 0.5, 15]] call BIS_ARTY_F_ExecuteTemplateMission; onMapSingleClick """";";

EDIT: the code from the template is included in the radio trigger.

Maybe its possible to create a action on any player i want to call in for Arty?

Maybe its also handy information when i tell i use Norrins revive script with it. Should it work when i die or respawn?

EDIT2:

I used the 1 setRadioMsg "Alpha Radio" in manny different way's by putting them into the init line of the units. But it didn't help. Also when i use 1 setRadioMsg "NULL" the radio trigger will disappears from all units. Not only for the units i put it in. Also when i sue TFA1 setRadioMsg "Alpha Radio" it doesn't work. What am i doing wrong.?

Edited by Winchester Delta_1

Im trying to get the artillery to work with the SOM. I can call it in and everything but the Firebase is at my player character and not where the artillery is and thus they dont fire.

I have been looking at demo missions and at video tutorial but cannot get this to work whatsoever.

Does anyone have an idea how to get it so that the Firebase is at the artillery? At least I think that is the issue.

EDIT: Have copied over the template (or rather the triggers + SOM part of it) to my own mission and tried it again. Now the Firebase is at the artillery but still they dont fire. They give a confirmation and then idle. The template itself works fine.

Now also just now made the mission in Chernarus exactly like the demo and still it does not work, Firebase is at right position but still the artillery stands idle.

Edited by DokiDoki

not sure I understand your problem, but it sounds like you a) either didn't name something correctly or b) didn't synch the arty module to the leader of the artillery.

Could you post your mission so we can help troubleshoot it for you?

the only problem I found was that you cannot fire near your location. It is inside the minimum range of the battery. When you call the arty and they tell you to "input coordinates", did you notice the red circle on the map? The red circle is the minimum range. I moved the battery far away and it fired as expected. Be careful using the MLRS, it has a very long max range and a very long min range.

If you want to use the MLRS, simply move it farther away from your intended target zone. You may not able to use the MLRS at all on UTES. If the precise placement of the battery is required for your mission, and you don't want it too far away, change the weapons to the cannons or even mortars. Just pay attention to the min/max range circles on the map after you call for the strike.

Hope this helps

Aha! You saved me a ton of frustration. Thanks for that. I thought the red and green line were only firing distance :P.

I will try it out now out off the red line and then go on with the other arty.

This will be a ton of fun. Cheers!