Sign in to follow this  
headspace

ArmA 2's Artillery Module

Is there any documentation regarding configuring additional addons into the Artillery Module?

alright so i tried Volw's arty method too,

and like a previous poster im standing next to an MLRS and its not firing.

ive synchd arty module to my player character

i radio juliet, place a marker, radio hotel, get the battery firing message and have no response from the MLRS's

SO, is there something in the activation line for the 2nd trigger that i'm missing?

[Art1, getPosASL tgt1, ["TIMED", "HE", 1, 60]] call BIS_ARTY_F_ExecuteTemplateMission; hint "Bat1: Firing.";

or... is it that the arty pieces have to be synched or grouped some way?

alright so i tried Volw's arty method too,

and like a previous poster im standing next to an MLRS and its not firing.

ive synchd arty module to my player character

i radio juliet, place a marker, radio hotel, get the battery firing message and have no response from the MLRS's

SO, is there something in the activation line for the 2nd trigger that i'm missing?

[Art1, getPosASL tgt1, ["TIMED", "HE", 1, 60]] call BIS_ARTY_F_ExecuteTemplateMission; hint "Bat1: Firing.";

or... is it that the arty pieces have to be synched or grouped some way?

ARTY Mod should be sync'ed to the (group leader) artillery piece, not your player character.

MLRS has a very large minimum range. Try placing it (much) further away.

This was the case, followed your guide again and placed some m119 howitzers and placed a firing marker some distance away and they fired :] thanks!

ARTY Mod should be sync'ed to the (group leader) artillery piece, not your player character.

oh ho... haha clever man. thanks

edit: still no good, gonna try doing a little self diagnosis and get back to u..

i have both triggers made, one referencing the script.

is the player character at all involved with the arty module or the actual arty piece?

Edited by nozra

is the player character at all involved with the arty module or the actual arty piece?

Shouldn't be. Try placing MLRS at least 8km away. It does have a massive minimum range.

Edited by Apocal

I did it!!! :yay::yay::yay:

Now if you want some Podnos firing at a certain location try it this way:

1. Place a group of Podnos static launchers, make one groupleader
  2. Place the Artillery Modul and call it AriLogicName, synchronize it to the Podnos groupleader
  3. Place a trigger and let him executed a script: [TargetArea] exec "scripts\artillery.sqs";
  4. Create the artillery.sqs (see below for code)

artillery.sqs

_target = _this select 0;
_heTemplate = ["IMMEDIATE", "HE", 0, 15];
_targetpos = getposASL _target;

[AriLogicName, _targetpos, _heTemplate] call BIS_ARTY_F_ExecuteTemplateMission;

Exit

Now if you want to change the target, simply change the way you call the script. For example: [NewTarget] exec "scripts\artillery.sqs";

The script is in the folder "scripts" which I created for my mission. Of course the sqs file can be whereever you want it.

I cant seem to get it to work , if tried several ways that i've seen here in the forum but right now, i can make them shoot but they always shoot in the wrong direction , i cant even hear the shells exploding. d-30s or mortars is the same thing, it seems they are shooting at the lower left corner of the map. What am i doing wrong?

Hi guys.

I use this method.

Make a player unit. Make the SOM Game Logic Unit, synch that to the player

Make a trigger that's activated by Radio Alpha and set to be repeatable (if you want multiple strikes available), then in the on activation field of the trigger put in:

[["artillery_barrage"], player, [[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Al works great, but my question is, is there a way to let my whole team call in artillery by radio and choose a fireround and set target then fire it? (in multiplayer), or is it just the leader? So some friends in my server can call in arty to.

I already tryed putting a second SOM Game Logic and synchronized it to the other playble unit, but then if i ask arty it is asking it twice on the radio channel..

Howww? thanks.:D

Ever since ofp i have done arty with a script that just places random explosions at target area.

This arty module gave me a reason to try with real battery.

I thought i share what i came up with.

You can see how it works from the sample mission but i did also wrote instructions in readme file.

It's nothing fancy but those that don't do scripting could find this usefull.

http://www.filefront.com/14091027/SAMC.rar

so as it stands the SOM doesnt work on a dedicated server?

@volw is your script working in MP dedicated servers?

I'm sorry but I've had absolutely no luck at all with Artillery in A2, I haven't even seen it used. I tried making it, I tried using the examples, I tried following the instructions here, nothing, it simply doesn't work for me, the only time I've gotten any kind of a result was with one artillery example, although good it dropped my framerate from 55 down to 7, which wasn't really a very good solution, can anyone point me to a reliable and working example mission?

Edit: Sorry, just tried that example above, it works, that is brilliant, thanks heaps.

Edited by LJF

@LJF

Im new to editing, but this one worked the first time i tryed, just read really good and follow steps 1 by 1..

1 -----------------

Make a player unit (must be the highest member in the squad i think, only he can call in arty)

2 -----------------

Make the SOM Game Logic module, synchronize that to the player

(SOM stands for SecOp manager, found by modules)

3------------------

Make a trigger that's activated by Radio Alpha and set to be repeatable (if you want multiple strikes available), then in the on activation field of the trigger put in:

[["artillery_barrage"], player, [[]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

(if you want airstrike to press space after the first code then put in)

[["tactical_airstrike"], player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

So copy this, ctrl c then ctrl v in the, on activation field, of the trigger(or just type it)

4-------------------

Then when you want the artillery(or airstrike), go to the map(m) (you will see a radio) and trigger radio alpha, then press space and use the communication

There you go.. Let us know if you did it..

Yeah, that worked really well, one of the best Artillery examples I've seen, the only problem I have with it is the secondary operations [attack location/rescue hostages etc] - is there a way to have just the artillery?

I dont know. thats what im looking for to..

And i wanna know how to call artillery for all members in the squad or more players on same team..

Someone ? ?

so as it stands the SOM doesnt work on a dedicated server?

@volw is your script working in MP dedicated servers?

Been doing some more searching, i note that the SOM got some love with 1.02 for use on dedicatd server, did that rectify issues with the arty mod at the same time?

Been doing some more searching, i note that the SOM got some love with 1.02 for use on dedicatd server, did that rectify issues with the arty mod at the same time?

Arty mod works just fine for dedicated servers, at least from the US release.

My tip for anyone still struggling making this thing work: check your range!

Anyone tried the arty module lately with MLRS or GRAD ? It had been a while since last time I used it with MLRS, so I wanted to have some fun last night...

And it didn't work...

With D30, no problem, but with MLRS or Grad (same settings as D30) the targeting interface wouldn't move... (the mini map show up, but the target cursor stays fixed)

Worse : when I shoot with the MLRS, I explose as if I just shot in the gound...

Anyone else had this behaviour ? Is this 1.02 ?

Sorry, posted in wrong forum. Delete this

Edited by nullsystems
error on posting.

I just tried to use the Artillery from the SOM, works fine locally or in editor...

Tried this in a trigger:

[["artillery_barrage"], player, [[RIPPER, [2,3,4,9]]]] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc; 

Absolutely nothing showed up on a dedicated server.

Is there anyway to get arty on a dedicated?

Edited by nullsystems

Anyone tried the arty module lately with MLRS or GRAD ? It had been a while since last time I used it with MLRS, so I wanted to have some fun last night...

And it didn't work...

With D30, no problem, but with MLRS or Grad (same settings as D30) the targeting interface wouldn't move... (the mini map show up, but the target cursor stays fixed)

Worse : when I shoot with the MLRS, I explose as if I just shot in the gound...

Anyone else had this behaviour ? Is this 1.02 ?

1.03, just set up an MLRS and it's working fine. You get in the gunner's position, call arty, the minimap shows up, then you point the rocket launcher practically straight up. The targeting shows and you can hit everything from 8K out. It doesn't work on antything targeted closer than 8k unless you somehow change the minrange.

1.03, just set up an MLRS and it's working fine.

Lucky you, because I've got an error message and no matter how high I point (77,5°) the targeting won't show up with MLRS.

Ive just spent my time writing an artillery system, not using the SOM, but the actual functions only to find it doesnt work online.

if ([mainArty, _pos ,'WP'] call BIS_ARTY_F_PosInRange) then

{

hint ""HAWK: PREPARING WP"";

[mainArty, true] call BIS_ARTY_F_SetShellSpawn;

[mainArty, 50] call BIS_ARTY_F_SetDispersion;

[mainArty, _pos ,['IMMEDIATE','WP',5,5]] call BIS_ARTY_F_ExecuteTemplateMission;

} else {

hint ""HAWK: UNABLE TO FIRE ON LOCATION"";

};

This works up to "HAWK:PREPARING" but then stops.

Ignore the double quotes, its inside an OnMapClick.

Any idea why this doesnt work on a dedicated server?

Im calling the script via a radio trigger which has onact:

wef = player execVM "smoke.sqf";

Could it be due to "player" being in there?

Note: Ive tried wef = [this] execVM "smoke.sqf";

Same effect, nothing.

Edited by nullsystems

I just tried to use the Artillery from the SOM, works fine locally or in editor...

Is there anyway to get arty on a dedicated?

SOM does not work on dedicated servers. I've not tried any FO type script that replicates it's functionality on dedicated server.

Could it be due to "player" being in there?

Probably, but there may be other things going on there and I honestly am not the person to talk to regarding dedicated server issues.