Sign in to follow this  
avmyg

Evolution

Well, thank you! I'm all for team play, and as I said I loved to fly in Evo...

Anyways, in the meantime, I learned some stuff and edited Evolution and made ACE Evolution, it's still heavy WIP, but mission itself is fully functional with all the ACE goodies!

I could use some help/more knowledge cause I have some issues...

For some reason I had no luck on this forum with helping around editing... wherever I ask I either get ''go ask somewhere else..'' or ''read this tutorial...'', man I have no time for that, I only wanted to do minor changes, and in the end, for many things I haven't explanation on how to do it I found out by myself... I don't want to read 200+ pages tutorial for god damn ammo fill script... etc...

I don't understand some people being so full of themselves... Isn't it easier to write simple explanation or direction then to waste everyones time by saying ''go somehere else...''

Damn... I forgot why I started post lol...

Can someone explain me how to make that vehicle damage/destroyed report on map e.g. ''[Vehicle name] needs repair'' at blue marker... After editing this feature seems not to work in my version...

I asked some people that might know this but as I said Igot answer ''go to Evolution topic...'' :mad:

Edited by Minoza

Can someone explain me how to make that vehicle damage/destroyed report on map e.g. ''[Vehicle name] needs repair'' at blue marker... After editing this feature seems not to work in my version...

Two easiest ways: make an FSM or an eventhandler. With the FSM it should be easy to first check if its not alive, then create a marker, then check if its alive, then remove the marker, then repeat from checking if its not alive.

Anyway, I just tried some co30 ACE Evolution Blue on the fun server for about 1 minute. It wasnt fun right off the bat. Player markers where on top of each other so you couldnt see who was who (difficulty setting issue obviously) and I started in a hangar with only russian weapons. Why on earth Russian weapons, we where freakin USMC?!?! Once outside, it was a damn complex of custom placed hangars, one of which had like 20 M1A1 in it that no one could drive due to the fact it was ranked. And I found no less than two flags just outside that nice spawnspot in the shade: one flag that was in some clan coloration. It didnt do anything. One flag that was an American flag. It didnt too anything either. Its a sad day when you cant perform actions against flagpoles, be it humping or licking or possibly teleporting.

Have to ask, WTF is the point? It felt like a cheap action movie: oh lets place these TONS of things that makes people get lost in their own base, just so it look cool and awesome! What happened to effectivness in simplicity?

Sorry, just had to rant a little. That evolution version probably dont have anything to do with what's here.

Edited by Murklor

You're right XD

That is not my version! I tried that one too... Damn... Screwed up totaly

Anyways, mine is co@20 ACE EvoA2! West [1.01]

You can find mission here:

http://www.2shared.com/file/10568403/19693771/co20_Evolution_1_01A2_West_ACE.html

As I said it's fully functional but needs polishing and I want to implement some cool features like calling artillery only as arty operator with radio (like in current Domi) etc...

I would be happy if more people tried this and give me report and suggestions, I want to recreate as similar what Evo was back in Arma 1... Sorry if this will get you mad but I removed MHQ, I literally hate that thing. It is unlocked by default so you can use all vehicles... I will probably make both ranked/unlocked versions, I don't like ranked because I don't like playing for points, but having everything unlocked may be a heaven for idiot screwing around...

Edited by Minoza

OK, I have few questions. I hope someone more experienced will be able to help me...

Anyways, since I have no idea about coding and I want to create ACE version of this mission, I'm a bit stuck...

I want to remove following from the original mission:

1. Revive scripts

2. Teleporting scripts

3. Everything related to the above

You see, I removed MHQs and flagpoles in editor but I still get warning on startup about missing mhq.paa image which I have no idea where it is initialized (which script). Also, under parameters before starting mission I still have options for MHQ, revive and teleporting...

Please, can someone explain me what's the procedure to get rid of this things...? I searched scripts manually but I couldn't find mhq.paa intialization anywhere... Also I'm afraid that some scripts which I want to remove might be related to something I don't want to be removed...

Please if someone has more experience with this mission or have previously worked on it, could you explain me? There's just bunch of stuff I don't want in the mission. Also, I want to remove ''T'' menu cause in ACE it interrferes with keybinding. I would like to put it in action menu rather.

done - download it here

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

v18 no MHQ version

also for the guy who found the base cluttered download my v18 at this link also for a simple to use version ofevo with many many added TEAMPLAY features, listed here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88124&page=3

Edited by eggbeast

Great! Thank you! I'll check it out tomorrow and see how it looks like. :D

Btw, I got all the ACE stuff in mine version, it's just I don't know how to remove revive, mhq.paa missing picture error, make ammo crates local on client side, implement radio called artillery only by artillery operator carrying radio and get rid of ''T'' menu since it interferes with ACE keybinding for thermal. I wanted to put ''T'' menu in action menu...

Anyways, if you got this resolved in your version then great!