Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

I have had problems with ATI 4890, all working fine after reducing memory to 3328Mb

CPU: Q6700 Quad 3GHz

Memory: 8GB (limited to 3328GB using msconfig)

Res: 1920 x 1200

Game video settings: all Very High

Now the game look great.

I have had problems with ATI 4890, all working fine after reducing memory to 3328Mb

CPU: Q6700 Quad 3GHz

Memory: 8GB (limited to 3328GB using msconfig)

Res: 1920 x 1200

Game video settings: all Very High

Now the game look great.

Hi, how did you do that in msconfig ? Did you get the graphical artifacts like in this this thread or other issues ?

Edit: Found it, its under Boot.ini and Advanced Options. I wonder if this worked for anyone else although seems a bit harsh to reduce the amount of RAM you have just to play one game.

Edited by Thr0tt

Well it works for me !! :yay:

BIS cant be serious don´t support 8 gig RAM ... :j:

Hmmm you guys had other issues right? I have this big artifacts problem. Tested the maxmem setting out at boot.ini and set it to 3328. Started up arma, set all settings to high, and got artifacts within 30 seconds flying around in the biggest city. :rolleyes:

Hmmm you guys had other issues right? I have this big artifacts problem. Tested the maxmem setting out at boot.ini and set it to 3328. Started up arma, set all settings to high, and got artifacts within 30 seconds flying around in the biggest city. :rolleyes:

I have the artifacts issue as well (single 4870 512megs).

Have you tried disabling anti-aliasing within the game? This is the only thing that's worked for me at all. It's not pretty, and night vision looks absolutely terrible. But, it's somewhat playable or artifact free, for the most part.

Is anyone out there having this issue with a 4870 X2? I want to upgrade to that card, but not before this issue is addressed by either ATI or BI.

The only time I have artifact issues with my ATI 4870 (512Mb) on either Normal or Default is when I go near Chernogorsk. There just must be SO many textures that the system cant cope.

When A2 was originally released there were programs that one could try that showed CPU -> Video and Video-> CPU transfer speeds. My system (core i7 2.67GHz (OCd to 3.9GHz) ASUS P6T Deluxe, 6Gig RAM, ATI 4870 (512Mb), XP32) speed was fast in one direction but not the other. What I asked, but was never given an answer for was, HOW can I improve these speeds?

When these artifacts occur I have to SHIFT+FLUSH and that cures it for about 30 seconds then it artifacts again.

BTW I run everything at normal except AA (low), AF(off) PP (off), Shadows (off).

So any idea how I can improve these transfer speeds in BIOS or otherwise ?

I have the artifacts issue as well (single 4870 512megs).

Have you tried disabling anti-aliasing within the game? This is the only thing that's worked for me at all. It's not pretty, and night vision looks absolutely terrible. But, it's somewhat playable or artifact free, for the most part.

Is anyone out there having this issue with a 4870 X2? I want to upgrade to that card, but not before this issue is addressed by either ATI or BI.

Yes mate, I have 2 HD4870x2 in quadfire and its the same for me.

I turned off anti-aliasing and aniscopic filtering to get decent playability but the screen goes frustratingly dark at night (night vision sights are on before you ask).

Gets fratrating when I'm about to fire at another tank and the screen goes totally black for aeround 5 deadly seconds an I can't see him. he gets me first.

Hi! There is a severe graphics bug thats happening to me. I allready searched the forum for anything similar but found nothing. So I hope it may get fixed in a patch because it makes this great game pretty much unplayable for me.

So ... I got this strange layers everywhere in the game. The higher the settings the more it appears. Its also caused by areas with many objects. Looking on the ground makes it disappear. And they even drop shadows as you can see in picture 2. It might also interest you that I had several blue screens when I tried to change settings in the moment these things appeared. No blue screens when they were not visible.

I don't have any of these! have you tried to reset your settings on catalyst to factory default and game settings as well. Don't force any settings through catalyst but use game settings to change things around. Have you tried -maxmem=2047

forgot to mention that i'm using catalyst 9.7

Edited by InFireBaptize

Hi, i'm using HD3870, ATI Driver Catalyst 9.5 and runs on windows XP32 SP2, with graphics settings switched all in "Normal". The game runs fine, no graphic problems/artifacts.

Core2Duo e4600

4gb DDR2 800 RAM

ABIT IP-35

Radeon HD3870 512MB

Good post :cool:

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

I don't have any of these! have you tried to reset your settings on catalyst to factory default and game settings as well. Don't force any settings through catalyst but use game settings to change things around. Have you tried -maxmem=2047

forgot to mention that i'm using catalyst 9.7

-maxmem=2047 - do you add this the arma 2 exe?

100% fine here;

E6600 @ stock

2gb Corsair DDR2 800MHz

HIS HD4870 IceQ4+ 1gb

:)

Running 1920x1080, everything on 'High'.

Good post :cool:

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

-maxmem=2047 - do you add this the arma 2 exe?

you add it to your arma2 shortcut

;1386002']100% fine here;

E6600 @ stock

2gb Corsair DDR2 800MHz

HIS HD4870 IceQ4+ 1gb

:)

Running 1920x1080' date=' everything on 'High'.[/quote']

Operating system information is proving to be somewhat critical

to list as well.

I've got a laptop and can surf the internet fine on it. Just thought I too would post that here as it appears to be the place to post something of no relevance in the TROUBLESHOOTING forums. See the hint is in the forums name i.e. 'Trouble' part of the troubleshooting, if you wish to praise your systems and tell everyone then why not post that in the 'General' forum, that way its a 'General' topic and is more relevant.

I know this post will most likely piss people off again but I really don't understand why folk are so intent of posting 'my system works 100%' in a forum topic about a specific problem, I mean, its would make sense if it was 'my system works 100% now that I have <insert your personal fix here> after it too had the issue', am I missing the whole point here ?

These artifacts appear only at places with lots of textures like the bigger cities.

When im walking in the woods, i never have problems, but when im getting close to a city and looking to its direction, the artifacts come up.

Then when i look at the ground or in the sky, or whatever what doesnt look like the city, it works fine again.

And now by enabling Crossfire for my two 4870 1 gb cards, the white "sun" flickering happens.

Really hope a patch can resolve these problems.

Cause it sounds like quite a few people are having these problems with this game.

I've got a laptop and can surf the internet fine on it. Just thought I too would post that here as it appears to be the place to post something of no relevance in the TROUBLESHOOTING forums. See the hint is in the forums name i.e. 'Trouble' part of the troubleshooting, if you wish to praise your systems and tell everyone then why not post that in the 'General' forum, that way its a 'General' topic and is more relevant.

I know this post will most likely piss people off again but I really don't understand why folk are so intent of posting 'my system works 100%' in a forum topic about a specific problem, I mean, its would make sense if it was 'my system works 100% now that I have <insert your personal fix here> after it too had the issue', am I missing the whole point here ?

Your not pissin anyone off thrott.

Myself, I think it helps as it would be nice to know who has this game working with the ati cards, that way we can atleased pinpoint whats working and what isnt. Compare and figure out where the flaw lies.

If someone has a 4870x2 working flawlessly I'd like to know and atleased rule that out as the culprit.

Just my thought.

Edited by rogue221

If someone has a 4870x2 working flawlessly I'd like to know and atleased rule that out as the culprit.

Just my thought.

I run two, they run great. I use Crysis.exe. and 32bit HDR. maxmen is set to 2047.

I run two, they run great. I use Crysis.exe. and 32bit HDR. maxmen is set to 2047.

:eek:

j/k ;)

Bug appear not only 48XX series

It covers everything from 48XX to 24XX

And?

People know, tested them and have still issues.

And? I care because? i was letting people know that it was out.