Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

I seem to have found the issue, at least for me. The HDR flickering only happens when I launch from steam. When I launch from the exe or a mod manager, it works perfectly fine.
that will indicate some problem with STEAM's overlay

please report it to Valve

After I bought OA and run as CO, this issue seems to have returned, despite the fact that I'm now running outside of steam without steam overlays.

The latest ATI drivers worth doing for a 4870 1gb on win xp 32 bit?

Thanks

After I bought OA and run as CO, this issue seems to have returned, despite the fact that I'm now running outside of steam without steam overlays.

Same here mate, I find it disturbing that more than two years after launch they still haven't fixed the most basic issues...

The latest ATI drivers worth doing for a 4870 1gb on win xp 32 bit?

Thanks

yup (11.6)

Running 11.6 and every time i play "Display Driver stops working" message comes up, to rectify the black screen i have to "shift - flush" most annoying :(

Edited by SnR

Wrong thread.

Edited by xman1

Alright so I got a new CPU, MOBO and 4Gigs of RAM while I kept my 4870HD 512mb.

The problem is that after I installed the new parts, I can no longer select over "Normal" texture quality and DXdiag says that I have 244MBs of RAM.

I also have this problem in Dawn of War 2. So I wonder if anyone else has the same problems with 48xx + 11.8CCC. And I also wonder if anyone has a solution available as my googling skills have failed me.

Currently: Phenom 2 940BE, 8Gigs of DDR2 Corsair Dominator 1066Mhz, MSI MS-7551 and 4870HD. All clocks returned to the default settings.

EDIT: I figured out what IS causing it. 11.8 DRIVERS do not work on 4870HD for me with this setup for some reason, it reports too low amount of V-RAM to DirectX.

Fixed by installing only 10.10 DRIVERS while keeping the 11.8 interface. Even though it reports now that I have 3569MB of V-RAM, I am able to play with higher resolution textures.

Edited by Primarch
Fixed

Most newer drivers are updating stuff for the newest gpu's.

I have yet to find the "newest" driver which do anything for my 4890.

Do any of you guys know which driver version that is targeted towards 4890?

I have a graphics glitch similar to the one posted early on. I am running an ATI mobility Radeon HD 5850. I have to say it's very difficult to shoot at anything when random bits suddenly jump into your face. So far I can't find any common trigger other than Arma 2. Updated my drivers and have tried everything I can think of beyond that. Any ideas?

This isn't my video but it shows the issue:

I have a graphics glitch similar to the one posted early on. I am running an ATI mobility Radeon HD 5850. I have to say it's very difficult to shoot at anything when random bits suddenly jump into your face. So far I can't find any common trigger other than Arma 2. Updated my drivers and have tried everything I can think of beyond that. Any ideas?

This isn't my video but it shows the issue:

I hope it is not

, looks similar to your problem. Not my video, popped up after viewing yours..

Hope its not..

In relation to the crossfire and brightness screen flicker problems

I found the enabling vsync helped with the problem

I've got the same issue with my ATI Radeon HD 4800 series no matter which tip I've tried. It comes and goes, though I'm disappointed it hasn't been solved yet. Can't run my favorite islands.

Edited by belgerot

I have a very wierd issue with ArmA and the graphic drivers.

My PC:

Q6600 stock

ASUS P5B Deluxe

8gigs ram

ATI 4870 1gig ASUS Dark Knight

Windows 7 64bit

When I upgrade my drivers to 11.xx my graphical options are all messed up, I can't select video memory/texture above normal - the option is not there, its only low/normal.

When I get ingame I experience extreme LOD flickering and texture going crazy, the framerate drops to sub 15 and it becomes unplayable with nothing in the background, just me in the editor with a single soldier.

When I go back to 10.xx based drivers all these problems are solved, I get the right options in settings - high/very high texture and memory settings, ingame my FPS is +60 with high settings and its very smooth, everything is fine.

Sticking to 10.xx drivers is not a solution nor is repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling drivers based on what I am playing - new games require the new drivers to get around performance issues[eg Battlefield 3/Skyrim], any ideas?ArmA is the only game that gives me issues with the new drivers.

I updated my ATi HD4890 drivers to v11.11 up from v11.6 and now I have choppy, laggy frame rates!!!!!

Had a similar issue with new 11.11 drivers, flickering, picture shattering to black vectors... Rolled back to 10.9 with zero results.

After that, removed all ati drivers and control center. Installed again 11.11. Works.

Sapphire HD 4890 vaporX 1GB GDDR5

6 gigs 1333 memory

AMD Phenom X II 3.2 GHz

Win 7 64 bit

I'm trying to get a friend up running with A2:CO and due to limited AMD/ATI experience I'm wondering what driver version is recommended for his ATI 4850 card (his OS is Win 7 64-bit)?

Anything else to think about, ie specific CCC settings etc? Any help appreciated.

/KC

10.4 Cats work well

leave AA and AF on application controlled

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

Had a similar issue with new 11.11 drivers, flickering, picture shattering to black vectors... Rolled back to 10.9 with zero results.

After that, removed all ati drivers and control center. Installed again 11.11. Works.

What are you experiences of running 11.11 Cats with OA on 4890?

Better or worse than 10.9s?

I'm very interested as I have an identical setup

A question, after patch 1.60 from Arma2-oa, is the game better optimized with Radeons?

10.4 Cats work well

leave AA and AF on application controlled

Will get him to grab 10.4, thank you!

/KC

A question, after patch 1.60 from Arma2-oa, is the game better optimized with Radeons?

As far as I know BIS don't priviledge AMD over NVidia, nor vice versa.

However 1.60 patch does offer all-round performance improvements, i.e. all platforms should benefit from.

But I fear that only Dwarden or Suma can confirm that hypothesis.

Just thought I'd chime in as an afterthought. I posted a few times in this thread before with my 48xx crossfire setup glitches.

I upgraded to a 6970 recently and can happily report that all issues I had before are gone. So it deff has something to do with the 48xx series.

I have a new ATI RADEON HD 6970 2gb graphics card.

I still get horrible graphic glitching. Especially on environment and buildings it flickers so bad it actually changes shape, texture etc. Makes sniping with ACE almost impossible to tell if it's someone in the bush or not.

There has to be something or a mod to fix this it's getting ridiculous.

Any suggestions?

-Kesryth

I still get horrible graphic glitching. Especially on environment and buildings it flickers so bad it actually changes shape, texture etc. Makes sniping with ACE almost impossible to tell if it's someone in the bush or not.

Any suggestions?

-Kesryth

What option have you selected for Video Memory in the Options>Video>Advanced page?

I have a very wierd issue with ArmA and the graphic drivers.

My PC:

Q6600 stock

ASUS P5B Deluxe

8gigs ram

ATI 4870 1gig ASUS Dark Knight

Windows 7 64bit

When I upgrade my drivers to 11.xx my graphical options are all messed up, I can't select video memory/texture above normal - the option is not there, its only low/normal.

When I get ingame I experience extreme LOD flickering and texture going crazy, the framerate drops to sub 15 and it becomes unplayable with nothing in the background, just me in the editor with a single soldier.

When I go back to 10.xx based drivers all these problems are solved, I get the right options in settings - high/very high texture and memory settings, ingame my FPS is +60 with high settings and its very smooth, everything is fine.

Sticking to 10.xx drivers is not a solution nor is repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling drivers based on what I am playing - new games require the new drivers to get around performance issues[eg Battlefield 3/Skyrim], any ideas?ArmA is the only game that gives me issues with the new drivers.

Just to confirm even on 12.xx drivers I get the same issue, only 10.xx drivers work for ArmA, 11.xx and 12.xx have severe issues.

Any suggestions?

-Kesryth

What are the rest of your specs?