Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

Getting about 1 FPS with 10.7.......................... Anyone else?

Getting back to 10.2.

not single issue with 10.7 on HD5xxx

10.7 seem great for OA/A2 on my 4870X2s.

I really believe , that users that have "Driver" issues are really getting a "Cry for help" from there PC.

remember there are also updated Crossfire application profiles which are standalone download next to drivers ...

tho i'm not sure if Operation Arrowhead is supported yet

Ive made many tests and collected informations and discussed a lot about it a year ago (in this thread), ive also made the youtube video you mentioned. Here are all informations and hints about it (should be very informative to you):

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2500

My advise? Install Windows 7 - 64 bit and you will not have this problem anymore. I dont have seen a another solution. A workaround was to change the graphic memory value to normal or even low, but that does produce not a nice graphical presentation.

I am thinking about getting Windows 7 anyways, but I don't really think it's right that I have to buy a whole new operating system just to get this game to function properly.

BTW thanks for making the bug report on dev-heaven, even though it's now closed for some reason...

I think I tried it on high before, but I will test it again anyways.

As expected, setting the video memory to high just makes the triangles occour less frequently.

One problem I just thought of is that maybe I am uninstalling my old video drivers inproperly when I install the latest ATI drivers.

I use this method: http://www.hardwareheaven.com/windows-xp-radeon-display-drivers/107447-uninstalling-installing-ati-drivers-properly.html (even though it's four years old)

When I launch the game I get the good old 'Input Not Supported' screen :\

TotalEclipse did you try this?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1695866#post1695866

I've noticed that the problem (I have the same problem as in Abc94s videos) occur much more frequently when I am flying. It's almost never there when I'm playing as infantry, but happens all the time when I'm flying. I wonder why there should be such a difference?

I've noticed that the problem (I have the same problem as in Abc94s videos) occur much more frequently when I am flying. It's almost never there when I'm playing as infantry, but happens all the time when I'm flying. I wonder why there should be such a difference?

Yeah for me too the bug occours for sure more when I am flying with maxed graphics. I am guessing it is because it has to draw a much bigger area than if you were walking on the ground.

Yeah for me too the bug occours for sure more when I am flying with maxed graphics. I am guessing it is because it has to draw a much bigger area than if you were walking on the ground.

The only time I experience that is when I set the vid memory on default. Any other setting and it's fine

Is 10.7 actually any good then? Few people seem to think so? 10.6 wasn't stable, I might upgrade if 10.7's worth it for OA. Did anyone get better FPS or performance?

i get 50fps in OA's benchmark with 10.7 everyting set to highest except shadows high,

Vsync off, postprossesing low, video memory default, GPU_MaxFramesAhead=128, view distance=2000, -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7,

but in nighttime missions i get artifacts when i call artillerie and it explodes close to me

doesnt happen all the time.

i get 50fps in OA's benchmark with 10.7 everyting set to highest except shadows high,

Vsync off, postprossesing low, video memory default, GPU_MaxFramesAhead=128, view distance=2000, -cpucount=4 -exThreads=7,

but in nighttime missions i get artifacts when i call artillerie and it explodes close to me

doesnt happen all the time.

Hi @BlackMamba.

please can you post your .cfg

i want to copy your .cfg on my pc.

Thank you.

ill look it up, was on vacation

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=75;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1280;

Render_H=1024;

FSAA=2;

postFX=2;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=128;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=2147483647;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

Windowed=0;

view distance 2000 mtrs

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Thanks @Mamba

The problem persist:(

th_20100810071146_Untitled1.jpg

th_20100810071208_Untitled2.jpg

I look at the sky and fps not change:mad:

With all the other games.The problem is not my pc.

ill try it with fraps in multiplayer inviroment and come with results..

arma2oa2010081008554613.png

arma2oa2010081008555155.png

u are testing in Arma 2,

i tested in OA.

ill test Arma 2 for u and come with results..

arma22010081010414363.png

arma22010081010423215.png

other question,

wat are your catalyst settings ?

mine are set like this

everything set to application controlled, except "mipmap" detail = quality. Catalyst AI = normal

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Oh my god!!!!!Incredible @Mamba!!

My config

Asrock 880g extreme

965 3.4GHz

2gb dd3 1333

Sapphire 4890 1G

Win 7 64

The Catalyst is equal to your.

The problem maybe 2gb ram??

Thx @Mamba for the help.

might be,.. "note" i have two of those 2 gig HD4890's crossfired in my system

or it could be the 8GB phisical + another 8GB virtual memory wich give me pretty good performance.

but there are others with systems halve as fast and they get great performance out of arma 2

does your system get enough cool air ?, nothing overheats ?.

your cpu can only handle 62 degrees celsius.

my cpu temps are 46 degrees celsius after a few hours arma2

i had to buy a new case just for (air) cooling my rig, cause my second gpu was getting 100 degrees celsius it was almost hitting the floor of my old case.

those ati cards are getting realy hot in closed cases not to good for cooling the rest of your hardware. now i have a "antec skeleton" case its not to expensive and gives a constant airflow so no heat buildup

but yes it could be the RAM, your operating system uses a amount of RAM and the game handles 2GB of RAM so it could be the bottleneck in your system.

Thanks @Mamba

The cpu temperature is max 50°C whit Arma2 runs.

I have same situation whit Windows7 32bit.

You can test with 2 GB of ram??:):)

Sorry,my english is very bad.

Edited by Raggi77

Is CrossfireX working with OA now?

And how to get it to work?

I want to know this to.

Is CrossfireX working, how to make it to work?

If you are using 1 vid card, disable catalyst A.I.

If you are using 2 vid cards or 2 in 1 cards, catalyst A.I. is on high.

Use ati tray tools!

I want to know this to.

Is CrossfireX working, how to make it to work?

You must rename the arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe.

CAT AI is best at Standard(High doesn't matter). Also if your running 4870X2s, the 10.7 and 10.6 drivers have broken 3Dspeeds, need to use the 10.5.

You cant use the CF profiles if you only use ATItools, you HAVE to use the CCC for best CF.You can use both, CCC and atitool together, but the ONLY thing you get from the Atitool is the option to turn Vsync off, or to LOWER IQ settings.The rest of the options are not needed for 4xxx and the 5xxx series of cards.

Spot on kklownboy

See what I posted here, I reported the same thing, the latest cats break crossfire performance

Hey, i got the flickering problem, mostly when flying helicopters. Though i got an ATI 4650.

Thanks for answer, but I am using steam, so I can not rename arma2oa =/

Any other way to get crossfire to work, I have 2 HD4850 cards.