Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

I used to be able to play this game just fine. I don't recall making any significant changes overall other then perhaps my new CPU, which would be a Q9550 Overclocked to 3.1 at this time. However, I don't know why a CPU would effect graphical problems.

I used to be able to play this game just fine. I don't recall making any significant changes overall other then perhaps my new CPU, which would be a Q9550 Overclocked to 3.1 at this time. However, I don't know why a CPU would effect graphical problems.

thats strange. I had a q9550 oc'd to 3.8 and had no problems.

Have you deleted the arma.cfg file so the game can reset the settings?

What else did you change when you switched processors?

What kinda power supply watts wise do you have?

thats strange. I had a q9550 oc'd to 3.8 and had no problems.

Have you deleted the arma.cfg file so the game can reset the settings?

What else did you change when you switched processors?

What kinda power supply watts wise do you have?

I'll try deleting my arma.cfg file right now, and I have a 500watt PSU, which is a little low for this kind of setup, but it's never effected anything else before.

Ah, and sorry Placebo. I was too lazy to actually "Manually" resize the image, didn't know there was a .kb limit.

I'll try deleting my arma.cfg file right now, and I have a 500watt PSU, which is a little low for this kind of setup, but it's never effected anything else before.

Ah, and sorry Placebo. I was too lazy to actually "Manually" resize the image, didn't know there was a .kb limit.

Check the manufacturer website for the PSU and the graphic card for ampere requirements and compare.

The PSU can support the Graphic card no problem, I've played the game fine before with the two, the only thing I replaced was the CPU.

I see lots of people using very high video memory setup...hows that? When i do that i have better preformance but missing textures on buildings and threes. This is my second card and i had this problem with my old ati 4870 also . They both have 1 gb ram.

u mean the white faces problem ??

cause im playing on highest memory with no problems at all

specialy with the new -exthreads=7 command...

No, white faces i saw maybe once with beta around 70256-70313, but i have bigger problem. When i play with very high memory houses often become gray when looking around and threes have artifacts, and in a moment everything come to normal??! With default settup i have preformance drop but

everything is normal. I see you have 2 gigs of ram, maybe very high is predicted

for more than 1 gb?

i dont know didnt have that in a long time..

wat are your catalyst settings?

ingame settings?

view distance?

when i set my viewdistance to pretty high i get problems too

but with viewdistance of 1600 its all good no problems at all

its not like like my 2 HD4890's with 2gigs each why i do not have that issue and u do

In game settings are everything very high except memory + filter optimizer 150.

View distance is 3600, and i have same problem with every driver installed, now im on 10.6 beta. This bother me because no one clearly said which settup is for

what memory amount . Ill try 1600 view distance to see hows that going...

On 1600m i see problems here and there :) , but is better... i rather staying on default and 3600m its too much to sacrifice .

Here's my rig

P5Q Pro Turbo

Q6600

3GB DDR2 800mhz Ram

4870 HD Radeon 512

4870 HD Radeon 512

Crossfired

650W Ultra LSP PSU

I am experiencing a lot of Hang ups during game play (every 10 mins or so on foot I would stall for about 30 seconds, and then smooth gameplay) but it gets really bad if I'm in a chopper, all the tempretures seem normal. Currently using Catalyst 10.5 drivers, CAT AI is on normal, everything is set to performance. Lowered View Distance to 1300, Resolution 1600X900 matching. AA and AL off. All details on Normal. PostProcessing disabled.

Did the Corecount thing, and Maxmem at 2046. Its not a heat issue as I've got a lot of aftermarket cooling. PSU is running perfectly.

Sometimes the game just goes into "RECEIVING" black screen and then normal game play again.

So who's brave enough to try and provide us with feedback?

Nothing new for arma 2 :shoot:... ATI
So who's brave enough to try and provide us with feedback?

Some one already try source

Arma 2 seems to run better with 10.6 and a 5870. Nice!

well AMD.ATI lead coder said several times that all performance improvements are global

that mean if they add 5% to some game then any operations using same routines will gain it too ...

I heard there is some memory fragmentation problem and that is going to be fixed with 10.6 driver, so i expected (maybe im greedy bastard ) something more easy to notice. Arma mark scores are the same so... but i know that am

is not some standard to testing GPU preformance because it depends of lots other things cpu, ram and game engine by it self.

I'm noticing that the game is now having problems (where there wasn't one before) loading textures on Chernarus with the new 10.6 drivers. Using an HD 5970 here. The problem is mainly seen with building textures, but it also happens with e.g. the leaves on trees.

I'm noticing that the game is now having problems (where there wasn't one before) loading textures on Chernarus with the new 10.6 drivers. Using an HD 5970 here. The problem is mainly seen with building textures, but it also happens with e.g. the leaves on trees.

To add to the above: in certain cases textures will also not be loaded on infantry models.

Hello, I finish proving my copy of arrowhead, and I am with the surprise that runs bad, it does not run well as it arma 2. runs to pulls, is not possible to be played, the game feels heavy and fps raises and lowers without knowing so that: S.

Arma 2 it game to full without problems, even recording with fraps, and now with patch 1,07, the game practically is a pen as it runs, but I cannot say the same of OA: (

i7 920 2.66ghz

crossfire xfx ati 4890

6 gb ram 1600 mhz

win7 64 bits.

Regards.