Sign in to follow this  
spec_ops_sniper

German Version first.

I have a question. why was there a German version released first, why not Chezch where the game was made, why not wait till the international release.

I am very confused by this. Why release a game in one country first.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Different publishers have different conditions.

Different publishers have different conditions.

Doesn't 505 cover all of Europe? it doesn't make sense to let another pubisher release a game that needs some last minute testing.

Doesn't 505 cover all of Europe? it doesn't make sense to let another pubisher release a game that needs some last minute testing.

no, german speaking europe is covered by Peter Games/Morphicon. they had a contract allowing them to force the onto the market at this time.

Sorry i dont have the answer to why BIS makes certain decisions with their company. I dont think its for me to know either tbh. All i know is that ARMA2 is out and as a customer thats what matters to me. To understand BIS and their business decisions i think you have to PM them and see if they want to share their companys strategies etc with you.

I think the question has been asked some times though and a search top on this site maybe can help you see what peoples theories are. Also another tip: there is a "german release" thread as well. In there you might get more info. I wish you luck.

Alex

Ask Morphicon as their publishing date was fixed and apparently unable to change.

There are already numerous release/release date threads, any of which can be used for such discussions if there's really a need, please use existing, active threads before starting new ones.