Sign in to follow this  
Desert

ArmA2 8GB RAM Problem

Either add in -winxp to the list or edit you available RAM in msconfig to be lower than 8gb. Then you will get your textures showing up.

I know about -winxp, i thought this error corrected

Either add in -winxp to the list or edit you available RAM in msconfig to be lower than 8gb. Then you will get your textures showing up.

Try to rename ARMA2.exe (I must rename my to crysis.exe and its working with -winxp).

Try to rename ARMA2.exe (I must rename my to crysis.exe and its working with -winxp).

Huh? You ONLY renamed your executable and it fixed it?

If you're running the -winxp, regardless of whether you renamed your whole .exe or not, is kind of a no-brainer really. Since the -winxp makes the game playable anyways renaming your executable file won't do jacksh**.

The SLI issue has been taken care of with the SLI enhancement package from nVidia, so renaming your exe to crysis doesn't do anything else for you.

Oh hey look, still no official word about this long standing problem. Astounding.

datter it's being looked into ... and for the rest ... you are NOT being ignored ...

and this is official word ...

datter it's being looked into ... and for the rest ... you are NOT being ignored ...

Dude, I am in a ****ing foul mood right now and even feeling like this I offer a heartfelt thank you for that little tidbit of information. Sincerely.

sad to hear it tho i got hit by some virus too ... feel awful this week :)

but don't worry will try squash it same way like i do with A2 bugs ...

anyway i hope You well soon

I tried limiting my system RAM with msconfig to just under 8gb, but got minimal difference in performance.

Physically removing 4gb, leaving 4gb, seemed to help noticeably. Once surrounding textures load (quicker than before) I have nice and smooth video. But unfortunately my smooth online play is limited to about 40-60 min's before the lag bus comes to pick me up, skipping along to my destination.

XP 64-bit

AMD 9600 quad 2.3 ghz

GTX260

4GB RAM

All settings low or disabled.

Good to read you Dwarden :bounce3: :bounce3: :bounce3:.

Dude, I am in a ****ing foul mood right now and even feeling like this I offer a heartfelt thank you for that little tidbit of information. Sincerely.

I understand the frustration but you are always polite about it.

I hope you get it sorted :)

Eth

Edited by BangTail

I too have this 8gb ram issue.

I'm using the -winxp line to play.

Edited by WarProph3t

anyway is there anyone who have these issues and is :

A. located in Prague

B. located in Czech republic

C. located in CET/GMT timezone ?

if so, drop me PM , thanks ...

I'm in GMT +1 and I can reproduce the bug (Windows 7 64bit 8gb ram) - I'd be happy to help.

Do you win a personal visit from BIS with it? ;D

I'm only in CET I'm afraid..

we aks our friends on SAS or MSOC to storm Your location and acquire the crucial hardware we need to continue our ops :D

we aks our friends on SAS or MSOC to storm Your location and acquire the crucial hardware we need to continue our ops :D

That'll do ;)

all this time and patches and why am i still seeing a graphical glitch bad textures with 8gb ram installed. Take out 4gb and it works fine wtf? Am I the only one having this issue with 8gb surely not???? $50 wasted

Install a ram drive and allocate 5 of your 8 GB to it.

Ya know i just defended BIS earlier but now even I am kinda frustrated, my new memory came today.

I do a lot of PS work which is memory intensive so i upgraded from 4gb to 8gb ram.

Yea missing textures.

I just want to know: Is this actually being worked on?

The winxp config line does not work for me so I just pulled out one 2 gig stick and gave it to my brother. So down to 6 gigs now and its just fine.

Edited by OH-58-FL-Pilot

they say its being worked on.

also the -maxmem tag, and setting max ram in msconfig has no effect, the only soloution i have for the missing textures with 8gb ram is the -winxp tag.

also running at 640x480 works fine without any shortut tags

Yes, but if you check your arma2.cfg while using the -winxp switch, you will likely see that your video ram is being recognized entirely incorrectly.

I don't think so. I have Vista x64 and 9 GB RAM on a i7-920 overcloccked at 3.4 GHz and it is running perfectly fine with no such efefcts that you observe.

Michael

The thread is about 8 GB.

:)

Yes, but if you check your arma2.cfg while using the -winxp switch, you will likely see that your video ram is being recognized entirely incorrectly.

yes they are :)

i have 8gb system ram and 1gb on my GPU and i belive that the CFG shows the memory size in bytes, so somthing like 1073741824 for my local vram, but what is non-local vram ( shared system ram in vista 64? )

what should the ram ammounts be? so i can test again ^^

Windows Vista Ultimate x64, AMD X2 6000+, 9800GX2, 8GB RAM (8189 in TaskManager)

Same 8GB issue. Using the -winxp command line tag allows me to play, but the game is only using 2GB of memory.

localVRAM=2138953728;

nonlocalVRAM=2138953728;

Please note, if I run the game with the default command line, ARMAII sees a different amount of memory every time it is run and this amount is near or way under 1GB. Also, with either command line, my local and nonlocal VRAM are always the same. I'm getting confused.

While waiting for a true fix, I would like to edit the cfg file so ARMAII uses the 8GB, but I'm not sure how. Should I set the localVRAM to exactly what my system has? Or should I set it under that amount to allow for Windows processes? Also, if I set the file to read only so ARMAII wont overwrite my settings, what options in Options/Video should I not touch?

Requesting consolidation of this thread. I've read it all 3 times now and I'm sure that counts as torture.

Edited by HardBoot

its only usign 2GB memory because thats all it will use according to other posts ive read. it also only uses 2 cores. i dont know why this is.