Sign in to follow this  
Kimmeh

Crazy Ivans, Rusfor international coop squad

RecruitmentPoster.jpg

Crazy Ivans is a coop clan that plays the Russia-side of the Chernarussian conflict. Plans to start this clan have been in development over a year ago and CI will be going official at the launch of ArmA 2. Our theme and things we offer:

We are focussing on the Russian side. The backstory is that the Russian government does not like the interference of the US on Chernarus, and sends it's own force to guard Russian interests. The clan will simulate that Russian force gone rogue, while officially termed rebels by the Russian political figures, they do supply their own 'rogue' forces secretly.

We have our own 24/7 ArmA 2 server.

We have our own website, it is being worked on. We are however still looking for someone who is good with websites.

We play serious coop, if you cannot muster the patience, dedication and maturity to be communicative, polite and cooperative, then you're welcome to go enjoy yourself someplace else.

While we incorporate specially trained player-only teams(mainly 2-man sniper/reconnaisance/lasering teams), we will be focussing on a higher tactical scale. To achieve this we shall use AI infantry, armour and logistical squads to aid us, allthough the squads shall be controlled by humans. We hope that this will add to the immersive feeling of being on a live battlefield. Expect large-scale fights, inter-branch cooperation and a lot of communition and planning.

We have our own custom-made missions tailored to our unique style of play. We will have so-called 'Live Ops' at pre-determined times and dates, which are uniquely made missions with lots of twists and surprises.

We use official radio-communication protocols to a certain degree. Expect to receive training in correct radio terms during trainings and live operations, this will not only add to the efficiency of communication but also to the immersion of battle.

We attempt to incorporate a small aspect of roleplay in our gameplay. The use of ranks, military terms, slang and abbreviations will be a part of this, as well as certain mission-elements such as propaganda warfare, and general caring for the fate of our soldiers. They're not just AI, they're our comrades!

We will not attempt to replicate a certain real-life unit. One's watchful eye may notice elements from real military units, but we attempt to create our own style. We firmly believe that realism and creativity are not opposites.

What we ask of our members:

Being 18 years of age or older.(we try not to discriminate, so rare exceptions may be made)

Owning a working microphone, and understanding, speaking as well as writing English comprehensively.

Having a working MSN adress that we can contact you on.

Sufficient time to play. Naturally we perfectly understand everyone has a private life to attend to, however to enjoy ourselves, we need other people to play with.

Knowing when to follow instructions precisely, and when to show personal initiative.

Willingness to learn, and being eager to help out new players.

Respectful and friendly behaviour. Those names on the server's player-list are humans with feelings, not just letters.

Eager to try new things/show initiative. This can range from suggesting new tactics and playing styles, to things such as scripting and website making.

Trying to get friends and other players to join in, the more souls we have, the more options we have in our gameplay!

To show a certain feeling for roleplay, we like to keep a certain atmosphere of comradeship and brotherhood. Small details such as occasionally adressing someone by their ranks, maybe mentioning to the officer in charge that your troops are getting blisters on their feet and want a truck, etcetera. You won't be forced to, but it'd be appreciated.

Being an active part of our clan. Crazy Ivans is not 'owned' by the officers or leaders, they just are what they are for organisational and roleplay reasons. Everyone has the same rights in the clan, and CI is community property! You as a member are the heart and soul of the brotherhood, you are Crazy Ivans.

What we do not ask or want of our members:

To dedicate every minute of their spare time to us.

To be an overobedient meat-puppet bowing to every wish of the officers. In fact, the only reason we have ranks is for organisational and roleplay reasons, all members are equal.

Having to be reminded by others all day long to stick to the battleplan/tactics/radioprocedures and so forth. It's the officer's job to put knowledge into your skull, it is your job to keep it from leaking out.

Being a tit in general, by things such as teamkilling, base trashing, swearing, bashing down every suggestion others make etcetera.

Having problems with people who think different than they do.

Having problems with people of a different nationality, culture, sexual preference, political orientation, etcetera. No racist jokes, no calling things gay, no commie-bashing, period.

We are fully starting at the 505 Games' release of ArmA 2. Our current quick 'n dirty website is http://rohclan.webs.com/, here you can find our different branches and concepts.

We truly hope that this enterprise will be a great success. As enthousiastic as we are about the game as well as our clan's concept, we know there will be bumps in the road, but with a sense of comradeship, humour and creativity, this clan can keep us entertained for many years to come!

To sign up, e-mail kdwinter87@gmail.com, or add it to your msn and introduce yourself. Then you will be added to the list. Once ArmA 2 comes out, you shall all be warmly welcomed in the

Crazy Ivans.

Kimmeh

P.s. If e-mail sharing on the forum is not allowed, I apologise, in that case a PM or thread reply will do.

P.p.s. Feel free to ask questions in this thread if you're curious about something, or would just like to show your support or wish us good luck. I beg you to refrain from criticism or arguing, as that is not the purpose of this thread. However if you have something constructive to say or something you'd like to point out, please send me a PM.

P.p.p.s.(yes I'll knock it off now) During our early development we used the name ''Rise of Heroes" but we decided it'd be a bit too corny, so we opted for the cornier name: Crazy Ivans, which also happens to be a Soviet submarine maneuver.

Edited by Kimmeh
Update.

Thank you kindly, nice choice of words, "manifesto", makes me think of Marx. =)

Kimmy

Hmm, I think about applying when I'm back in Germany...

Maybe you remember me... "Ik heb een heel grot..." :p

It does ring a bell somewhere... >.> oh dear

Brilliant write up Kimmeh, We had a brief chat on msn looking forward to playing with you guys. Take care, Jay.

Thanks Jay, we will see each other on the field of battle soon. The last few days people signed up like we were giving away gold bars, so I think we'll have a lovely time in ArmA 2.

once the uk version comes out and i get a copy i might sign up. until then wait and see.

Hell I'd enjoy playing the russian side for a change. Too bad I'm committed to the AAF. Perhaps a joint op may be possible in the future?

Good luck with it

Mhm once everyone has the game and we formed up our training program and got the show on the road, joint ops sound like a very fun idea!

Hey Kimmeh, I played with you on the TacticalGamer server quite a few times and just wanted to wish you the best of luck. Would join but I wont for various reasons. Hope to see you again sometime.

Gl Kimmeh recruiting members.

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields and,

Until we meet again

Greetz Fansa

I'm afraid I don't know who you are BF2boy.

And thanks for the good luck wishes from the TG people, you guys are my favourite coop community that's for sure!

Kim

Dude I've like, been in the clan for a while and it's totally awesoooooome.

In all seriousness, 'tis good. Mainly because of how awesome Kimmy is, but still, clan's good!

I'll repeat this thread's title:

Crazy Ivans, Rusfor international coop squad

I made the important part bold.

We might play 30 mins of Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch once every few weeks for giggles and to tweak our reflexes a bit but otherwise we're serious coop only.