Sign in to follow this  
Worldeater

Crossfire support?

Which god do I have to pray to in order to have both GPUs on my 3870x2 utilized? According to my RivaTuner overlay only one core is being used. It reports both cores being used for other apps, like Arma (1.16b), furmark, etc.

Am I doing something wrong? Some option that I failed to activate? Would sacrificing a mid-sized goat fix the problem? :D

System info: Vista64 SP1, Catalyst 9.5, arma2.exe 1.0.0.57270 (german version)

With ArmA before, I've renamed arma.exe to arma2.exe to get crossfire working (4870x2), and although I haven't checked explicitely, I'm quite sure both GPUs are working on the real ArmA2, judging by the frame rate I'm getting. I'll check tonight to make sure. I didn't have to sacrifice any goat (a cow perhaps in-game) to get it to work.

SOLVED!

Adding the "-winxp" command line option fixed it. Both cores are used now. Praised be the UNIX god and his mighty strings(1) command... ;)

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -winxp

I think that's worth a banana: :yay:

Wonder what the function of that switch is?

edit

just thinking, maybe it's like going in to the shortcut properties and turning on XP compatibility mode. is it a windows switch, or is it Arma2 specific?

Edited by -=seany=-

RivaTuners overlay does not show up in the compatibility mode. So I cranked up the settings and let the game idle in the mainmenu for a while. Then I switched back to the desktop, opened the CCC and checked the temperature of the 2nd core: is was "cold" (45°C).

So it's probably not the same...