Sign in to follow this  
VictorFarbau

The Arma 2 Small Bug Thread

The boat jetty places where you can dock boats is bugged when destroyed. When destroyed it rises into the air

Screenshots

Before being shot by A10

th_arma2bugs101.jpg

During the shooting (rockets hitting T72 and the concrete block)

th_arma2bugs102.jpg

After, the bug itsef.

th_arma2bugs103.jpg

Version: 1.01

- No sound in mig 35....exterior sound ok, but no noise at all in cockpit.

Also...where is the improved steering method for vehicles we got promised ?

It´s still the same old "push the mouse around the table until the table ends" method that

has been in Arma and has been promised to be fixed in Arma 2....

Thx for the letdown BIS.

- another good one: If a Mi 17 is wrecked, it sinks into ground when tunring over. Looks really odd...

- damaged vehicles sink into ground at first and when they catch fire they suddenly jump out of the dirt again. Must be the gas in the suspension expanding...right ? :pet7:

Edited by Balschoiw

-hmmwv gunner sees the street when you look down (no inside)

-Harrier can't raise it's gear

C2D E6850 @ 3.6GHZ

Windows XP 32bit SP3

4GB RAM (3.5GB w/ 32BIT)

8800GTX

1. Problem with textures on trees and bushes - only sometime and only if you view under certain angle, but I think it should be fixed though.

Picture - http://i42.tinypic.com/15ffwih.jpg

2. When you throw grenade on the bridge it sometime "ignore" the bridge and fall under the bridge.

Edited by Pauliesss

C2D E6850 @ 3.6GHZ

Windows XP 32bit SP3

4GB RAM (3.5GB w/ 32BIT)

8800GTX

1. Problem with textures on trees and bushes - only sometime and only if you view under certain angle, but I think it should be fixed though.

Picture - http://i42.tinypic.com/15ffwih.jpg

They are just preparing the trees for christmas :P

- unable to build (eg. in cti as a commander) when shooting is not mapped to the primary mouse button

- All auto fire weapons (including board weapons of helis/airplanes) don't work when shooting is mapped to the right mouse button.

- Tank movement is still (since OFP) screwed when you command your driving tank AI as a commander. When you command "Left" the tank moves some left and then moves back right again afterwards.

- On one MP Map you often start swimming in the water

- The MP Deathmatch counts every hit as friendly fire, unbelievable that this one has made it through the quality assurance :butbut: The winner is the one with the most negative score

- Sometimes AI Players are Heroes, the hit you behind a truck from an insane distance.

more to come...

Here is some things I have issues with, maybe not entirely on topic and maybe already mentioned but its nonsense to start another thread for this:

-Same bug as in A1; when you switch from sidearm to AT and then to primary you are stuck with sidearm but in left top corner it says primary. You are not able to shoot either. You need to click secondary again and then switch back to primary. This bug apears in different orders too.

-You are not able to switch to sidearm while moving (atleast walking) but you are able to reload while moving. That should be changed. Maybe not for switching to AT but to sidearm for sure.

-Still no sound for squealing tires.

-Reloading animations are the same as in A1. They said they are gonna be amazing.

-Animation for entering a truck looks weird.

-You are not able to step over gas pipelines

-When you start heli on LHD, water is being affected under it by heli rotor.

-Sprinting with sidearm is not possible.

-Only up-armored HMMWV has exhaust on side?

-No afterburners again? Planes are too slow again and loose speed way too fast in cornering.

Otherwise, movment is great, graphics too, once you set it right. Needs some more work but its great.

Edited by 11aTony

I have no vertical grid numbers on my map :confused:

...and yes ,I'm using the language patcher thingy.

In the campaign, 'into the storm' 2nd mission? Town name Pustila, or something like that. The one where you are to lase targets that the unrelated AI pops red smoke on. There is a tank on patrol. When zoomed in, the tank crossing the bridge is under the road texture. Completely hidden.

Artillery Bug

I noticed that when you set up the artillery module with an am empty mortart the module gives you a type of aiming device depending on what the angle is (which is fine and great) however you dont get any sort of marker for the M119 or MLRS when using the Arty Module to fire

Would be most appreciated if this was fixed

Many thanks in advance

When in M1A2 TUSK near other M1A2 TUSK, You can see the other M1A2's Loader's whole body thro the armor. It requires you to be very close to the other tank but it's still annoying.

- Civillian traffic module spawns cars,trucks in/on buildings or too close to each other, blocking roads, entrances sometimes. Had a funny moment though when a red car spawned on top of a destroyed church slowly flipped over when I just looked up and crushed me :pet7:

- Civillian modul sends the crowds on the street again very, very soon after fighting has ended. The time-delay should be longer imo as it´s weird if you just popped out the last enemy of your choice and Joe Smart comes out of his door seconds after happily whisteling while trolling through corpses. Delay should be at least a few minutes...not seconds.