Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Change the Language in Arma 2?

I am a Brit based in Germany and I am wondering if you can change the language on the German version? If so, I am off too the shops... :D

Cheers

Dale

i am a german from germany...and i want to change the language to english, too!

for amra 1 that was made possible by a patch...hope the same for arma 2!

dont expect an answer to that question until after the offical release date of english version.

It can be done as a few have already done it but it cant be talked about yet

The German version only has German UI by default, it's possible that someone can create themselves a mod to change the language and release it to people, someone did this yesterday but there are suspicions about where he actually got the files from, if he was a beta tester releasing the files would have broken his NDA.

Ok sticking my neck out here then.

Is there any way that I can find out how this was done and then someone explaining to me how I do it?

Or will I / they be breaking some rules?

Well if i understood right after the 505 release we should see a patch that reunites versions with language settings like in ArmA.

Im looking forward to that or a cutom mod for it, the translation of the german version is ok but some things just sound totally dumb translated.

Well if i understood right after the 505 release we should see a patch that reunites versions with language settings like in ArmA.

Im looking forward to that or a cutom mod for it, the translation of the german version is ok but some things just sound totally dumb translated.

Can someone confirm this because if so I will go out and buy the German version and struggle with the lingo until a patch is released.

Ok sticking my neck out here then.

Is there any way that I can find out how this was done and then someone explaining to me how I do it?

Or will I / they be breaking some rules?

Unless you are experienced in modding, do not change the originality of your files. This may cause you some issues playing MP where you are kicked off from some servers.

Also make sure you make a copy of the original files if you are going to temper with the pbos.

Can someone confirm this because if so I will go out and buy the German version and struggle with the lingo until a patch is released.

The german version has a language setting in the options that is currently disabled. It probably wouldn't be there if they didn't plan to add language selection later on. ;)

I'm also a brit living in Germany by the way. Been here a while, so my german is just as good as my english, but I still feel your pain. :)

It was said from official side a few times and it was like that in ArmA1 so i wouldnt worry.

Offcourse they cant allow the german publisher to release irts and have all languages right away... all the other publishers would go crazy as the german publisher would make a huge sale on the first buyers.

The still do anyway i guess as many want the game so bad they even accept the german language for now.

However a word of warning, game explains many many things in lenght so some stuff could eb really hard if you dont understand what you are being told.

The english speech files are just bit extra candy and dont explain that much.

The voice is always in english. The UI Language is in German, unless you patch it.

@DXfan01

It was removed because the files authenticity and origin was suspicious, after comparing the patch from Guba and the original files in my ArmA 2 Installation, there seemed to be alot more languages than just english, all of which were not included in the currently available version.

have a look if u need it to be english

*Link removed*

Edited by Sniperwolf572

The German version only has German UI by default, it's possible that someone can create themselves a mod to change the language and release it to people, someone did this yesterday but there are suspicions about where he actually got the files from, if he was a beta tester releasing the files would have broken his NDA.

It's the same files mentioned here, as they're leaked from an earlier preview/beta build, links to them are not allowed to be posted on these forums.

have a look if u need it to be english

Considering I clearly state above why the patch was removed from these forums it's rather silly to post the link again.

Anyone else who links to this "English mod" risks being banned from the forums, it's as simple as that, we removed it for a reason, we suspended the guy who "made" it for a reason.

Placebo or anyone else for that matter.

Can you confirm that in a future patch I will be able to change the language? I'll be a happy man then!

I'd like to know which PBOs/files should contain the german strings that need to be translated to english.

can anybody give me any hints?

im based in germany too, and just bought the game today which cost me 50 euros and the guy at the gameshop is shoudl be in english too. But obviously its not and im dying to understand whats going on in this game.

Can anyone help me to find a mod to translate german to english?

yes, but as many english players have said, although they have DL'ed the german version (and may or may not be using an english hack) they've said they will buy ArmA2 again once the "full" version is released.

..... that might be a bit of a bonus for BIS lol !

I'd probably do the same (as I did with ArmA1) except a) can't be bothered DL'ing 5GB from this (slow net) side of the world, b) always prefer a round plastic disk and c) too busy with work to play at the moment.

i need that mod to translate german to english. i just spent 50 euros on this game and the guy at the gameshop said it should be in english too. But obviously its not. Grrrrrrrrr.