Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Pulp

Linux dedicated

Hi Folx!

I know, i know....it just got released...and i am stressing you with linux ;-)

But anyway...is there a schedule for the linux server to come?

please show some love to the linux users :)

It will be like with OFP and ArmA. Linux will take along time :mad:

yes, sometime soon in future

My guess is looooooooooooooooooooong after the console versions are released, mod tools are deployed and they are bored.

I am sure there will be an announcement scheduled to make the announcement that there will be an announcement about it.

Edited by pchaxor

I am sure there will be an announcement scheduled to make the announcement that there will be an announcement about it.

Don't they need to announce such an important announcement? ;-)

I would definitely appreciate a Linux-compatible server, but if there wasn't one to begin with, there probably won't be one, as it is the kind of thing best developed along with everything else from the start.

I would definitely appreciate a Linux-compatible server, but if there wasn't one to begin with, there probably won't be one, as it is the kind of thing best developed along with everything else from the start.

Wrong. There have been several statements about the Linux server. There will be one, but like with ArmA1 it will always be released a bit later than the Windows version.

Agreed. BIS always develops the Linux Server and such after the "money makers" have been deployed.

It is true though that when the Linux server version is deployed, the number of dedicated servers seems to grow very quickly.

Who wants to pay for an Operating System license, just to run a game server ?

Linux is free! Windows Server is not free! :p

The money saved can be used to pay for the server bandwidth or purchase better hardware for the server. :D

Who wants to pay for an Operating System license, just to run a game server ?

Right! And who wants to pay for an OS licence, just to play a game....? Nobody! But wait...., we all do!

BTT: I'm hoping for a dedicated linux server too!