Change log:

ENGINE

* AI improvements: collision avoidance, MicroAI communication, suppress fields

* Improved: AI coordination in combat

* Improved: automatic VTOL vectoring.

* Improved STOL takeoff/landing control

* Improved: shot simulation

* Enabled taxiing for Mv22

* Fixed: weapons inside vehicles were sometimes white.

* Fixed: Some crash opportunities

* Fixed: flickering textures sometimes

* Fixed: muzzle flashes and other alpha objects cutting into the water.

* Fixed: long cutscene animations could cause bad LODs/textures.

* Fixed: Terrain LOD causing white dots

COMMUNICATION

* radio chatter improvements

* generic conversations about known targets improved

CAMPAIGN

* music soundtrack added to more places in the campaign

* various improvements in cutscenes

* improved Star Force transport service (player can better command it, occasional problem with Star Force froze on spot fixed)

* on screen notification for each evidence collected added

* various smaller fixes and improvements

* some missing dubbings fixed

* improved cooperative play in the campaign

ENVIRONMENT

* Improved sea rendering

* Various smaller fixes and improvements

SOUND EFFECTS

* effect for player near big explosion (beep in his ears, temporarily deaf)

UI

* improved GPS support (RCtrl + M when GPS is available)

* tasks without map (J key by default)

* list of players without map (P key by default)

* improved rendering of perihperal vision simulation (dots on the screen edge simulating real world field of view)

* leader icon displayed on screen permanently for Regular difficulty

* tasks faded out to be less intrusive in the middle of the screen

MODELS

* fixed cargo compartments in aircraft (cargo should not switch positions with pilots during flight)

* fixed camera position for BTR and T90 gunner optics views

* fixed view gunner lods for turned-out crew in wheeled vehicles

* improved hand animation for AA laucnhers

* twisted arms for AA missile launchers

* fixed fire geometry of billboards model

* tractor and bus sound changed

* added sign on hotel building

* fixed municipal house ruin

* changed texture on G36, fixed MG36 icon

* fixed gunner animation on BRDM-ATGM

* improved model of AK-107

* improved enviromental reflection map

* improved A10 gun cursor

* fixed T34 icon texture, fixed optics and turret stabilisation definitions and added exhaust smoke

Anyone know when they release the patch today?

Well I'm really disappointed about that, once again we have received game which is bugged as hell. We aren't community we are guinea pigs.

I'll wait until situation will be much more steady... after that I'll buy game.

Well I'm really disappointed about that, once again we have received game which is bugged as hell. We aren't community we are guinea pigs.

I thought the guinea pig prodject was over in the first game. :(

Why do they release the game today, and so release a patch RIGHT after? They could have waitet a few days to release it.

Why is it a problem to you? Just buy the game next year then. Are BIS your mommy and daddy? Think not mate. Everything has been explained as well so...

Alex

Hold up, did I see the words Starforce in that changelog? Please tell me that abysmal copy protection won't be on the US or EU versions PLEASE.

Well I'm really disappointed about that, once again we have received game which is bugged as hell.

Overstatement of the year. Compare it to ArmA1, which was absolutely unplayable at the beginning. A2 has some problems but overall performance and gameplay works fine out of the box.

We aren't community we are guinea pigs.

You are only a guinea pig if you choose to buy the game early. If you don't want to try it, wait for the patches, read reviews, read peoples impressions. Lurk moar!

Do that. Please.

@Changelog:

* AI improvements: collision avoidance, MicroAI communication, suppress fields

Yes! Hopefully this will stop the AI getting stuck in certain situations.

* Improved: shot simulation

What is meant by this?

Hold up, did I see the words Starforce in that changelog? Please tell me that abysmal copy protection won't be on the US or EU versions PLEASE.

Try reading the rest of the sentence, it doesn't mean the copy protection :rolleyes:

Quite a big changelog considering the short time from gold to the patch release.

the DRM = Starforce

the changelog -> Star Force. not the same. besides, it's under CAMPAIGN, so must be a force named Star. a guerilla force maybe...

The problem for people is that they have to pay full price for beta like products.

I havent tested the game yet, and I cant wait to try it out. I dont speak German, so I have to wait for a english version and I hope it will include a patch with bug fixes and AI improvments as well.

*Dreaming of ArmA II with Stalker AI*

Stalker AI had quirks of its own.

On a side note: Why do you keep double posting? Second time this thread.

Try reading the rest of the sentence, it doesn't mean the copy protection :rolleyes:

Quite a big changelog considering the short time from gold to the patch release.

its because you shift things you consider as low priority to a patch. they probably knew those things in the patch notes since weeks /months but had bigger problems to fix.

Could you please provide a link of the source for this change log? I'm not doubting you, just wanna know if there is a special place to get info from :)

Why do they release the game today, and so release a patch RIGHT after? They could have waitet a few days to release it.

You mean like Duke Nukem: Forever? (erm...sorry, Duke Nukem: Never)

It's better to get buggy Arma2 and help BiS improve it via patches (because as usually, the hired beta-testers are unreliable bunch of "only gamers") than to get it in 2012 absolutely bug-free, but when it would be already old and nobody would buy it? I'd rather play this game for those 3 years even with bugs...sry.

Do you remember launch of GTA4? Buggy as hell! Gothic series? Never released game without huge pile of bugs....

But why COD series is not so buggy? I don't think that this is the case of devs, it's the case of complexity of the game. COD is very simple. The more complex game you have, the more bugs you will have in it and there's almost nothing to do with it except "hiring" thousands of beta-testers vie releasing the game and after seeing so many experiences releasing patches. That's the fact and don't do like any of you were not not able to download&install patches :)

Let's say, the game was supposed to be released in the 4.q 2010, but I have the opportunity to play it before and I will get the final with patch in that time ...so why do I complain? :D I always thought, that getting something earlier is a privilege.

The problem for people is that they have to pay full price for beta like products.

I havent tested the game yet, and I cant wait to try it out. I dont speak German, so I have to wait for a english version and I hope it will include a patch with bug fixes and AI improvments as well.

It's a morphicon thing. Considering that the 505 version is going to have 3 more weeks of development I'm confident it'll be in much better condition.

Indeed.

Keep up the good work BIS.

I thought the guinea pig prodject was over in the first game. :(

And thats where the cookie crumbles...

The community wants a endless amount of things the definatly need to be in the new game, BIS wants to include as much as possible and in the end they run out of time and some things still dont work perfect.

I saw numerous patches for all the BIS games and got used to that because in reward i always got great games, well ArmA wasnt so great but so far ArmA2 is double great so that makes up for it.

BIS games are like wine, they need a while to get really good but this time the basis is lot lot more solid than ArmA ever was.

Who doesnt share my patience offcourse should follow the progress and get the game later after some patches.

But impatinent people like me and others here are a bit masochist anyway i guess ^^

I think Bis are very agile who manages so many release dates at once :D

Hell I would've been stressed out by now standing in the middle and looking twichy all over :D