Sign in to follow this  
catito14

Commander IN turret movement

Hi i tried to make a model of a vehicle with a gunner, driver and commander. And the commander has a machinegun in his side for shoot ONLY when he is "out" of the turret. Well .... when i´m in the outside of the turret, the movements of turret for turn and move up and down is without problems .... but when i get in the turret, the optic freeze in the position where the outside machinegun is aiming and i only can turn 360° but i can´t move up or down.

So, is any way to give independent movement to the commander turret when i´m in the interior in spite of the movement of the outside gun?? i.e.: i want to turn 360° and move up and down the optic when i´m inside the turret. And when i get out of the inside of the turret, i want to shoot and move in the same way with the mounted machinegun.

Well....maybe i complicate too much the question.... :confused:

Kind Regards and thanks in advance!!

Hi, I suggest you have a look at BI's M1A1 sample model, that should solve the optic freezing problem.

If you want the commander shot the gun only when turned out, add this line:

outGunnerMayFire = true;

inGunnerMayFire = false;

in the commander's turret class.

Hope this helps.

I ran into the same problem with our leopards. Ive even had several respected addonmakers try thier magic on it. Seems you can only move the optic propperly if you permit the gun to be fired inside as well.

seems in your described case it would be easier to definen the machinen gun as a new turret instead of attached to the other. That would make them independant

I ran into the same problem with our leopards. Ive even had several respected addonmakers try thier magic on it. Seems you can only move the optic propperly if you permit the gun to be fired inside as well.

Correct. I ran into the same problem. Can be solved via script to remove the magazines when turned in, but I prefer the simple way... fire from inside and outside. This way, the AI is able to handle it...