Sign in to follow this  
MrPeter

Do Players Still Have Teleport Bug in ArmA 1?

In ArmA 1 if an enemy was more than 200 meters away from you and you looked at them normally or scoped in, they would appear to be teleporting 10-15 meters and impossible to shoot them.

Is this confirmed fixed in ArmA2 or still prevalent?

Thanks! And happy gaming!

It's not game, but connection related problem.

Kind of both. Even with good connections to a server it still happens. The further away a unit is, the less bandwidth priority it has. If you have quite a few units near you moving, ones further away are not going to move as smooth as they dont have priority to let the client know they are moving etc.

Despite tweaking our server configs with new bandwidth values, it improved it however it was still quite choppy in places.

this is same topic as the discussion that is going on, on this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72964

in my opinion teleporting, warping or whatever is a netcode and not connection or server settings (providing there is a decent dedicated setup server and good client connection)

however, i hope i can test that over the weekend when i play the game although there are no files for dedicated server yet...

no idea if we can merge the two threads?

It's still there, though not as bad as Arma1 or OFP.

I'd say it's quite worse than in ArmA. It OFP it was due to lag, and not engine related. I never had that problem in OFP, i did a lot of long distance shooting in the game while beeing a spotter in clanwars and never had suchs problems like in ArmA 1 and 2.

Funny thing is, the planes and birds don't seem to warp around that much.