Sign in to follow this  
MulleDK19

Morten's ArmA Dialog Designer

I had a problem registering it ( I even tried twice), which prevented me from running it, which means I won't use it.

At this point I'm guessing the project had been abandoned.

too bad... a easy way to make nice dialogs rather then just write in notepad is excellent.

Go Mulle!

Is the author still supporting this?

I watched the tutorial video, but F5 does nothing for me.

Can it load an existing dialogue for editing?

no version is useful, all say its expired.

Was looking forward to using this.

Sort out at least getting a version everyone can use and take out that part of the script that looks for updates.

Morten,

Are you still around?

I have the same issue as mentioned above. All versions say "expired". This is a promising tool for beginner scripters like myself who have no idea on how to make dialogues.

Please can you fix the above issue, there are a number of us here who would love to use this product if you can find the time to release a fix for it?

Thanks again

Frosty

Hello everyone.

Sorry, that I just kinda vanished... Had some... issues with real life, that I'm still trying to get around.

But let me give you some information on the tool, and the future of it.

About a week ago, I had just reinstalled ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA, and bought the new BAF dlc, as I was eager to play again.

Then a few days later, my graphics card started artifacting, and then a couple of days ago, it shut down completely.

It's now officially dead, and I have no way to play, until I buy a new one.

Fortunately, it still works without drivers, but obviously, I'm limited to simple stuff (As in, things that does not involve OpenGL, DirectX or other APIs of the sorts).

And I then got to think of my tool, and actually started working on some ideas on how I could continue work, or making it better.

So, today, I started completely over, and the new version is promising. It should allow advanced editing, while still being extremely user-friendly.

On a side node, the moving and resizing of controls is being improved heavily.

Until I get a new graphics card, I'll try to work more on this tool, as I don't really have much else to do, other than watch YouTube videos and some other side projects.

I will release a version of the old tool without an expiration date, as soon as possible. Most likely within the next 30 minutes of this posting.

Edit: Done. Just download v0.0.0.8 again. It's the same version number, but the expiration date has been moved to the year 2050... Should give you enough time till I get the new tool out :P

Edited by MulleDK19

Until I get a new graphics card, I'll try to work more on this tool, as I don't really have much else to do, other than watch YouTube videos and some other side projects.

If i would be selfish, i would wish your new graphic cards delivery will be delayed until you finished the tool and your access to YT would be "magically" blocked. :D

But since i'm not i do hope you get it really soon as i know myself that this situation really sucks.

Keep it up, mate.

Myke;1787356']If i would be selfish' date=' i would wish your new graphic cards delivery will be delayed until you finished the tool and your access to YT would be "magically" blocked. :D

But since i'm not i do hope you get it really soon as i know myself that this situation really sucks.

Keep it up, mate.[/quote']

He, well... It's rather impossible to test if what I do, is working, without being able to launch the game :P

But I'll work a lot more on the tool now, than I did with the old tool.

Thanks for the update. Your tool is much needed.

Ya, well... I have some huge expectations for the new tool... I just wish I had a graphics card, as that sure would speed up the process.

Really looking forward to your tool. Your initial release of the tool contributed heavily to my understanding of dialogues and how they are made.

Thanks.

Bad news. My primary harddrive just fried too. And that's where I have all my projects, including the Dialog Designer.

So unless the HDD undies, I'll have to start all over... Again...

I'll report back soon.

I know that the question is stupid since the answer is probably no, but it may help in the future:

Does a backup of the repository exist?

I know that the question is stupid since the answer is probably no, but it may help in the future:

Does a backup of the repository exist?

No. I was not working off a repository. I had only been working for 4-5 days on it (But like all day each day), and didn't really think of backups.

Never had an HDD die on me before.

Just to clarify... This doesn't cancel the project.

I'm going to start over.

And looking at the bright side, I can do some stuff different, that I wanted to, but didn't do, as it would be too much of a hassle at the stage I was at in the project.

Sorry to hear about the HD Mulle!

If it's still spinning up you may have luck restoring parts/all of the data. I've used OnTracks EasyRecovery with success in the past to help clients, depending on how valuable data there was on the HD it may be worth a shot if you can get hold of it.

http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/file-recovery-software/

There are others around as well.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Is there any CD-key still available out there? I type in the one I get from registration but it won't work in the program. Can anyone share a working serial?

Sure thing, here you have one:

serial_moron_4.jpg

Edited by Guest

This tool is redundant anyway... there is another one available. derp :). Afaik the other tool is private, only a few have it.

If OP does restart this project then I support it 110%.

Edited by rexehuk

So there's a working Dialog designer out there, but it's private...

Harsh :)

I was talking to Zonekiller in Skype saying that I wish there was an easier way to do Dialogs in A2.

Sure thing, here you have one:

serial_moron_4.jpg

Oh you are such a lovely silly Billy

So there's a working Dialog designer out there, but it's private...

Harsh :)

I was talking to Zonekiller in Skype saying that I wish there was an easier way to do Dialogs in A2.

Not really harsh... the designer was released on devheaven a year ago and apparently everyone just ignored his work, even after people had been begging for one :p. I can see where he is coming from personally...

Wish OP best of luck with this one anyway, depending on how it's done it could be better than the one already out there, we'll have to wait and see!

Is there any CD-key still available out there? I type in the one I get from registration but it won't work in the program. Can anyone share a working serial?

Same question and any progress on this front?