Sign in to follow this  
[GLT] Legislator

(Coop)1-10 Woodland Squad

Here you can get my first ArmA II cooperative mission. It's late right now here in Germany so I'm sorry to say that I can't write a translation right now. I'll update this thread within the day with a (hopefully) good english text. The mission itself will remain in german though. Until then have much fun with the mission und please report me bugs. I'll try to fix them as soon as possible. And yes, you'll get pictures here too :o

Download Beta 0.1 (see description below)

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

yeah good job!

Congratulations!!!

one of the first custom mission made for ARMA2!!! :notworthy:

sorry, cant test it yet, i will get ARMA2 hopefully tomorrow...:pray:

Name: (Coop)1-10 Woodland Squad

Warzone: Chernarus

Historical issues:

Prelude to war

The reasons for the Chernarussian Civilwar weren't forgotten after its end. Triggered by the war in Georgia from August 7th 2008 till August 16th 2008 a wave of euphoria shattered the caucasian population. They noticed it's possible to gain independence by using radical methods and the help of Russia. After the successful separation of South Ossetia and Abkhazia Russia signed a treaty which declares the enforcement of security at the borders by Russia. Simultaneously performed NATO maneuvers in Georgia and Chernarus were criticized by President Medwedjew. The interference into the inner belongings of the former soviet state Chernarus caused a lot of indignation within the Kremlin. According to Medwedjew the majority of the chernarussian population are supporting a leadership with Russia. He also criticized the readiness of the Republic Chernarus to join the NATO and called the government a "concentration of corrupt western elements that can turn into a threat for Russia."

Several days after the official end of the Chernarussian Civilwar a high-ranked officer of the CDF deserted to the Russians and published

incriminating material showing american soldiers of the 27th MEU at the inspection of mass graves in the countrified areas of South Zagoria. The public opinion turned and the USA were officially reproved by the NATO for their interference into the inner belongings of the souvereign caucasian country. Inofficially they supported the interferences because the Republic of Chernarus should become a new NATO partner in the future. The Baku-Supsa-Pipeline, which is transporting oil from the Caspian Sea to the westcoast of Georgia was a conflict point too. 10 years after its startup the conflict was intensified in the Caucasus-region.

The Red October

On october 20th 2009 President Medwedjew set up an ultimatum. The USA should retreat with their troops from Chernarus, otherwise it'll be declared as an aggressive act against Russia to create political changes in the pro-russian Chernarus. President Obama reacted upset on this ultimatum, but ensured the pro-western chernarussians military support in case of war and the maintenance of the sovereignty of the country and future NATO partner.

After the expiration of the ultimatum, the 58th army of Russia - veterans of the Chechnya and the Georgia war - invaded the north of Chernarus under the command of General-Colonel Anatoliy Nogovitsin and occupied the airport on the first day of the invasion. The poor equipped Chernarussian Defense Force (CDF) was beaten easily and the government troops were forced to retreat to the south to Elektrozavodsk and Chernogorsk. The chernarussian government officially asked the NATO for help to fight off the russian troops.

The Chernarussian-Defense-War

At first the NATO hesitated but the next day the USS Khe Sanh, that still was in the Black Sea, got again the order to go into setting at Utes and actively support the chernarussian military. The 27th MEU was outnumbered by the Russians and the losses were catastrophic during the first two days. Presdient Obama decided to withdraw troops from the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Republic of Iraq and the United Kingdom of Sahrani. The 27th MEU was reinforced on order by the the 34th commander of the USMC, James T. Conway, trough a massive concentration of troops of the 7th Sky Corps. Together the existing CDF bases and field camps on the southern coastline were strengthened, expanded and with USMC material completed. At the beginning of the Chernarussian-Defense-War the axis Pustoshka-Novy Sobor-Berezino was formed up. Both super powers divided the region. Meanwhile the whole north approved the seperation from the Republic of Chernarus and the reintegration into Russia.

While the Chernarussian-Defensewar had just begun, guerrila troops attacked several targets in every corner of the country. They blamed both super powers for the chaos inside the country but they hid to say that radical elements of the resistance were responsible for bombing the newly elected regional government of South Zagoria. The provisionally inserted Transitional Government was totally overwhelmed with the situation. Within the war violence, poverty and destruction was spread while 3 different factions are fighting for the dominance of the region ...

The mission:

The russian 58th army is spreading very fast southeast almost reaching Shakhovka. The Alpha-Squad of the 7th Sky Corps gets the task to intercept an enemy convoy and to weaken the enemy air defense. The UH-1Y 'Forrester' and 'Lucky Ganesh' are bringing the Alpha-Squad to the frontline where the fight for survival is beginning ...

Used moduls:

• Weather
  • First Aid: Simulation
  • Drag Wounded to Safety
  • Civil Cars
  • Civilians
  • Animals

Tactical hints:

The groupleader is a very important figure. He must be played by a human player. Because of his rank he is the only one who can call in air support (3 AV-8B).

The squad should be splitted into both UH-1Y if there are more than 8 players. It is important that the groupleader gets into the UH-1Y having the Get-In-Waypoint. Otherwise they won't start.

An USMC camp in the forest is the respawn point (base respawn). Besides weapon crates an ammo-convoy is supporting the player at the frontline.

Tasks:

1. Intercept and destroy the convoy
  2. Search, find and destroy the air defenses
  3. Reach exfiltration point
  4. Report to the leader

USMC Base at Zelenogorsk

arma22009052823370414.th.jpg

Ambush at Novy Sobor

arma22009052823382314z.th.jpg

Air Defense of the Enemy

arma22009052823392303.th.jpg

Enemy Convoy

arma22009052823400296.th.jpg

For download, check 1st post of the thread!

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

just a technical question...

how do you install your mission on the server?

Copy mission pbo files into the folder MPMissions in your ArmA 2 main directory. Create the folder if it's not there.

Thanks for this Legislator, played it. Great mission. Keep up the good work!

I tried the Mission but the Choppers crashed each other as they cross the Flightpath short after takeoff. :o

I think we need some more Performance Improvements in ArmA2 generally, in SP and "normal" MP is have round about 38-50 FPS in this Mission i have 15 - 25 Oo

Edit:

The Choppers crashed 3 times in a Row, at the 4th time it worked.

Edited by Desert

@Desert:

The issue is known :( I hate it too. In editor preview it's working almost every time. The only way to avoid a collission would be only to play up to 8 players as they are fitting into one UH-1Y. Alternatively you can try as a squadleader to enter very early into the right UH-1Y so the other one lifts earlier if its passengers are on board.

There'll be an update soon. I guess I'll insert some delay into the waypoint of the second chopper so they can't crash anymore. But the very first looked so cool having 2 UH-1Y flying across the country at close distance :o Why, oh why, the AI can't fly? :rolleyes:

Maybe it's fixed when they release the dedicated server.exe...

at least I hope so.

Here's a new update: Version Beta 0.1

Changelog:

- some fixed briefing entries

- added description to briefing point 'historical'

- added 30 s start delay for the 2nd chopper

- various small fixes

- init.sqf removed

- AI is now disabled via Description.ext

There are still some problems with disappearing briefing entries after the respawn of a killed player.

Attention: The AI within the player group is now disabled! This may increase the difficulty!

Download (Update of 1st thread post)

Into wich folder do i have to put the mission? I found both a mission and a mpmission folder where in installed arma2 but they only contain textfiles at the moment.

Curry

I get an error in the serverwindow.

Don't remember what, but it's something about a bad link.

I guess that's related to an "object that is connected to a static object" or something like that. That's happened since 1.01 Beta and I still don't know why. I know it's the priest in Novy Sobor connected to the church. I guess I'll have to re-place him. There'll be an update of this mission as soon as I got the briefing issue fixed or the next patch fixes it.

I guess that's related to an "object that is connected to a static object" or something like that. That's happened since 1.01 Beta and I still don't know why.

Island object IDs changed again with 1.02.

The error means that you have a waypoint linked to a building/object and the ID of the building has changed.

Just open mission.sqm with a text editor and search for static and remove those lines.

Xeno

It would be nice if you would fix your mission.

I would love to test it...

It'll take some days ;) Right now I'm trying to setup a small modification for the ArmA II domination and I can't quit that now.