Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Converted OFP SP Missions

@ trickster1982

I just unzipped the .pbo files into my missions folder and they are there for me. Make sure they are not inside a folder in your missions folder. Good luck.

Its ok i managed to figure it out last night but thanks anyway :) Im enjoying these missions as so far as i hadnt seen any major battles in the main campaign up to where i am on manhattan,as well as the nostalgia of old OFP missions!

Hope the Falklands war add on makes a comeback as well, that would be awesome on the ArmA 2 engine :)

Thanks for these missions....top notch. Having a problem with the end of Clean Sweeps 1; i get to the rendezvous but the heli just hovers over me but doesn't get low enough so I can jump in...did I do something wrong?

In Laser I blew up the bridge, but wasn't told what to do next. Am I supposed to go back to the insertion point?

How did you get the bridge to blow up; sorry for the somewhat noob question. I target the bridge, call in for air strike but nothing happens? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for these missions....top notch. Having a problem with the end of Clean Sweeps 1; i get to the rendezvous but the heli just hovers over me but doesn't get low enough so I can jump in...did I do something wrong?

If I am not mistaken, you are waiting for your helicopter in a field close to the vilage which you have swept clean, right? When I played this mission, the helo landed for me and I jumped in, but it overdid the nap-of-the-earth flying and crashed into some trees at the end of this field. Fortunately I had saved before boarding and I could try again, but the same pilot repeated the same mistake. Next time, I walked to another position and the pilot followed me and picked me up. From his new starting position he did not cut the treetops with the rotor and we got away safely.

To make a long story short: Why don't you just walk around a bit and try a different position. Perhaps you are lucky and the helicopter picks you up.

Make sure they are not inside a folder in your missions folder. Good luck.

That's not a problem at all. I put mine under Missions/OFP and it works fine. Doing this has always worked with BIS's games.

---------- Post added at 04:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

Thanks W0lle:)

Edit-

Just did the mission `Laser` and really liked it.

But got 1 pop-up error, when i made the radiocall for an airstrike.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoice.Male03'.

I get that error as well. I also got it in the main campaign.

Another issue I've had with these OFP missions is I get a pop-up in the mission list about some image can't be found.

Another issue I've had with these OFP missions is I get a pop-up in the mission list about some image can't be found.

Yeah i get that one too,its not a problem as it doesnt stop me playing the mission,its just one of those things that could be tidied up :)

Also in a couple of the missions I've had an error message come up to do with the voices in the game on the radio chatter,dont know what thats all about

If I am not mistaken, you are waiting for your helicopter in a field close to the vilage which you have swept clean, right? When I played this mission, the helo landed for me and I jumped in, but it overdid the nap-of-the-earth flying and crashed into some trees at the end of this field. Fortunately I had saved before boarding and I could try again, but the same pilot repeated the same mistake. Next time, I walked to another position and the pilot followed me and picked me up. From his new starting position he did not cut the treetops with the rotor and we got away safely.

To make a long story short: Why don't you just walk around a bit and try a different position. Perhaps you are lucky and the helicopter picks you up.

Thanks for the info...I'll give it a try.

Though I can't figure-out why in the Laser mission I target the bridge, radio for the attack & nothing happens.....how long does it take or to you get a radio confirmation?

Nice missions, but wasnt warcry where you led a tank platoon?

Sry i played trough most of the missions on OFP elite witch is tad bit different to vanila OFP.

And im certain you were a yank in battlefields :D.

Thanks for the remakes.

P.S any plans for Ambush, i loved that mission :yay:

Huge bump. :)

I recently fixed a lot of reported issues, worked on briefings and overviews and added 2 new missions.

The package now contains 13 old OFP Missions:

- Battlefields

- Cleansweep I

- Cleansweep II

- Commander

- Heavy Metal

- Laser

- Lone Wolf

- Rat Hole *NEW*

- Revenge *NEW*

- Sniper

- Sniper Team

- Take the car

You can download the new version from Armaholic

Am I the only one that finds the Clean Sweep 1 mission really hard? My 2 AI squadmates usually are killed within 30 seconds. And since I'm not the squad leader I can't tell them to stop charging to their deaths. What gives?:confused:

Am I the only one that finds the Clean Sweep 1 mission really hard? My 2 AI squadmates usually are killed within 30 seconds. And since I'm not the squad leader I can't tell them to stop charging to their deaths. What gives?:confused:

No, I found it pretty darn hard but well worth the effort.

It works, so don't give up.

I never use +hairs btw.

No, I found it pretty darn hard but well worth the effort.

It works, so don't give up.

I never use +hairs btw.

I guess you inspired me. I was finally able beat it after about 25 restarts, all squad members survived. :)

i loved this mission, tried it so many times until i managed to get to extraction. The AI is so dumb, i kept patching them and ended up dead, finally decided to leave them alone. Keep trying and don't rush!

That town is just a fucking deathtrap in every mission it's used for.

Most probably that's why I used it. ;)

Little update available at armaholic. No new missions incluided (yet) but the "Heavy Metal" mission fixed where sometimes the crewmembers at the camp are dying suddenly.

Since 1.03 the "laser" mission is extremely easy (in 1.02 it was challenging) :(

I gather these work fine with the 1.04 patch?

I never played OFP so this will be cool. I'm sort of getting over Arma2 SP - Manhatten mission has given me the the snoots lol

Nevermind, found in the link 1.04. This is gonna be awesome :-)

Edited by James22

They should work fine in every version.

@galzohar

What exactly you mean with "extremely easy"? Do you mean fighting the AI is now easier or the way to and from the bridge in general?

The skill level of the AI is all the same as far as I remember.

The AI detection range is much lower than in 1.02, especially at night, which makes the mission trivial. This has nothing to do with skill level by the way, at least according to my tests (same range on all skill levels).

Almost everyone of these missions ends with a CTD. I usually get an error saying something cant be loaded during the mission, then straight to the desktop. Are there other mod files that should be loaded.

Any help would be appreciated. These are with Version 1.03.

Thanks