Sign in to follow this  
figgins

ArmA2 - Performance settings

Gd evening

I have some strange problems here.. I dont have the option to turn texturdetails and videomemory to high/very high. Only low and normal possible.

http://www.ggx-clan.com/arma2/arma2_settings.jpg

my spec:

cpu: i7 920

gcard: GTX 295

ram: 8 gb

sys: vista 64-bit

could anyone pls help ?

reinstall game didnt helped

thx

its look like wrong autodetection of GK, try to find in arma folder, arma.cfg and manualy set setings, maybe it help.

is there even a high/veryhigh option available. I know in ArmA1 some settings only had normal as their highest selection.

Also forgive me as I do not read german, so if I'm missing something that's being shown in that screenshot, feel free to point it out.

EDIT: n/m, Ohara on the case.

its look like wrong autodetection of GK, try to find in arma folder, arma.cfg and manualy set setings, maybe it help.

thx a lot! helped

Gd evening

I have some strange problems here.. I dont have the option to turn texturdetails and videomemory to high/very high. Only low and normal possible.

http://www.ggx-clan.com/arma2/arma2_settings.jpg

my spec:

cpu: i7 920

gcard: GTX 295

ram: 8 gb

sys: vista 64-bit

could anyone pls help ?

reinstall game didnt helped

thx

Why do you have to taunt with a pic looks really goood!

where ist this arma.cfg? cant find it

a bit OT, that pic looks stunning in some way, reminds me of a place not far from where i live, the art is simply stunning, i got this "real life" feeling when i saw it :eek:

man i cant wait to get this game..

is there even a high/veryhigh option available. I know in ArmA1 some settings only had normal as their highest selection.

Also forgive me as I do not read german, so if I'm missing something that's being shown in that screenshot, feel free to point it out.

EDIT: n/m, Ohara on the case.

Just to help you understand. It was the terrain detail which lock on High over about 3500m view distance and lock on normal with a very very long distance.

But it doesn't reduce the visual quality (maybe it still improves the terrain geometry we see).

If you apply high terrain detail to a 2000m view, it affects the geometry of the terrain. If you turn it to low you can see "building in the air" with no ground under when you look something that is away from you by let's say 1500m and further.. and the ground will appear with terrain detail on higher settings even if you look at a building that is at 2000m

The same thing apply when you boost the view distance. Normal terrain detail with 10000m view distance still okay because the closer environment appear with the same "high settings" when the farest will not (maybe.. i haven't even try such view distance ^^').

Hope my english could be understood :)

I see Linda has matured into a fine young lady, gj ohara and crew. ;)

I have the same issue, but do not understand the recommendation:

My arma2.cfg:

language="German";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1586;

Render_H=991;

FSAA=0;

postFX=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=269582272;

nonlocalVRAM=269582272;

I have a GT280 and my PC is a i7-920, overclocked to 3.4 Ghz, 9 GB RAM and Vista x64.

What do I need to change to get get texture details and video memory to 'high'?

Thanks,

Michael

Open the folder ArmA2 Other Profiles\Username\ArmA2Profile-file

open the file with the editor

};

anisoFilter=3;

TexQuality=3;

TexMemory=3;

useWBuffer=0;

shadingQuality=10;

shadowQuality=2;

Edited by FiGGinS

I got a bad Performance with my 3,7Ghz Quadcore and a GTX280, 4GB DDR2-Ram.

When i drive around in a mission I got only ~20-30Fps. And it stutters when I turn 90°.

Even with fillrate at 50%. The only way for me to get constantly ~40fps is to set the viewdistance to 500. All other graphics-option all together are only 5 maybe 10 fps difference when activated/deactivated.

I got a bad Performance with my 3,7Ghz Quadcore and a GTX280, 4GB DDR2-Ram.

When i drive around in a mission I got only ~20-30Fps. And it stutters when I turn 90°.

Even with fillrate at 50%. The only way for me to get constantly ~40fps is to set the viewdistance to 500. All other graphics-option all together are only 5 maybe 10 fps difference when activated/deactivated.

Try checking the speed of your hard drive(s) with a programm called HDTach.

It's freeware.

MfG Lee

Even I have the same problem and I have 4 drives running in RAID10 with read rates of over 180MB/s, so please don't tell me that loading the textures needs more than that read rate.

Complete system spec at Sysprofile

ArmA2 looks worse than ArmA1 and runs slower on my machine.

I tested some more and I always got 20-30 Fps in current campaign mission where I drive around finding that "shark"-guy.

Only way to get 40-60 fps for me is to set the viewdistance to 500 and the fillrate to 50% but then the picture is that much corny that i can't see anything.

So i just set everything to high, my viewdistance to 1000 and the fillrate to 100 and play at that great looking stuttering 20-30fps because it doesn't even change anything when i set everything to low or very low, maybe 5 fps more for looking ugly ^^

The only thing I could say is possibly increase your ram. I have a Q6600 running stock with a GTX285, 8GB of DDR2 800 MHz Ram. I'm getting 40+ FPS with almost everything set at max, view distance at 3000 meters and fillrate @ 130%. I would double check your drivers as well.

I can't possibly believe that my video card makes that big of a difference over your entire setup. Also, I have a simple, single 500GB 7200 RPM Seagate drive.