Sign in to follow this  
maruk

ARMA 2 Launch Plans

After many years of hard work, with recent weeks being really extreme, tomorrow ARMA2 1.00 is shipping in the stores across Germany. Note that German version is in German language only!

Our next plans:

* we plan to release patch 1 for the German version very soon

* in the same time we are also finalizing an updated version of the game that should be the version to be released later next month in other territories (including North America, the official announcements coming soon)

* there is a lot of work ahead to fully support the editing and multiplayer community (full editing tools, command references, dedicated servers) which will keep us busy next few months

Fasten your seat belt, turbulence ahead. Landing on Chernarus imminent for first passengers. Thank you for your support and wish us luck (and I wish you your stay in Chernarus is as pleasant as possible).

Edited by Maruk

Thanks Maruk!

Now i hope the pre-orders will become available in Holland real soon so i can get it on the 19th of June.

That would give me 7 days of playtime untill i have to leave for Belgium for 8 weeks :p

The best wishes to BIS :)

Thank you Maruk and well done BIS team.

Even though there will be complainers most of us appreciate your efforts.

I hope your rewards are above expectation.

Well done to all the BIS team, I hope the launch goes smoothly for all:)

thankyou BIS, im sure this is going to be one awesome game, hope everyone has there pre-orders ready :D

Good to hear Maruk, looking forward to trying it out! :)

However on another note, I'm just wondering why is it you guys at BIS always seem to start with a "German Only" version? Are the vast majority of your sales in Germany or something? :confused: Technically speaking, I'm just wondering why you couldn't just prep an "international/multilingual" version?

Either way, I have no problem being patient and even perhaps preferably waiting for a "pre patched" version.

Thank you Maruk for info but what happend with DEMO for ArmA II?

* there is a lot of work ahead to fully support the editing and multiplayer community (full editing tools, command references, dedicated servers) which will keep us busy next few months.

Yes, yes please! :biggrin_o:

Good Luck! And keep up the Spectacular work! :thumb:

Edited by bravo 6
typo

Fantastic news Maruk! Thank you BIS for the artistry, storytelling, and engineering you've done (AND the wrangling for a NA distributor!). Don't get a hangover partying too much! You've earned it though, good luck.

Thank you Maruk for info but what happend with DEMO for ArmA II?

Happened? As in past? No demo was promised before the German release Horuss.

But there is however a demo planned before the international release. Hopefully they wont release it too soon, because we all know how useless the Arma 1 demo is now, after all these patches.

Please do not forget BattlEye integration :)

Cheaters are very annoying! The ban system of BattlEye is more advanced ...

please please please

good one and thanks for the update.

hope arma2 is a success.

Congrats BIS, cant wait till I get my hands on a copy.

However, this pleases me the most:

* in the same time we are also finalizing an updated version of the game that should be the version to be released later next month in other territories (including North America, the official announcements coming soon)

:yay:

This means a lot of things will go much more fluent compared to the Arma first 6 months :)

Congratulations BIS! You rule the planet and you know it!

Regards

Alex

Its going to be a smooth landing :D thank you BIS for all your hard work!!

Top stuff BIS, been looking forward to this for a long time now. Can't wait to game on, already warned the missus I am not under any circumstances to be removed from my PC while playing ArmA 2!!!

Jamie.

Outstanding! Bravo! Good luck in your endeavors. BIS has a long row to hoe yet.