Sign in to follow this  
Blechreiz

ArmA2 crash to desktop

@ -=]PR[=-Yakuza

it doesnt helped me.

i think iam lost on this issue.

Disabling PhysX solved all StackHash_0a9e CTD's for me.

Hello. I have bought the license copy of A2OA. I'm playing the latest open beta patch of OA and I also have the problem with crashing into desktop with active process in task manager. As I see there's no answer with this issue? Will it be fixed?

latest open beta and it still crashes with the StackHash_0a9e error on a 4870 Radeon with 10.7 Cat

Its the only game where this error ocurred

i still dont understand why this issue is still there,and why BI cant do anything against it. i mean cmon,in the past 10-15 years i played hundrets of games and not a single one had this issue to switch to the desktop with no chance of switching back.it cant be the big deal to find out what the trigger is for all of this. or it can be ?

i cant even make a ticket in the CIT because there is nothing to report inside my .rpt file.

Suma,Placebo,Jennik,Dwarden and all you other guys from BI,please fix this !

Disabling PhysX solved all StackHash_0a9e CTD's for me.

interesting, what version of PhysX driver You have ?

This is so sad, I love these games you guys put out but I have seen this from the very first release you guys put out with the major bugs and crashes your games have. Its sad that you guys are in such a hurry to release your games in such a bad state. it does not go well for any company or developer to release games in a poor buggy state.

And they say OF Dragon Rising is a bad game. at least that game never crashed on me, and I could play it longer than 10 mins at a time. I cant say the same for this game.

Gees stop your whining, the game aint that bad, Arma 2 was being worked on while Arma

was released prob before that if i remember correctly, theres alot of time behind the game development.

Just because the game crashes for you it dont mean that it is the game alone with "bugs" that

is doing it, there are alot of things that will make one's game crash, for example my game would crash til I

turned off Physx in the nvidia control panel, and then found out that my cpu and GPU were over

heating, and so as soon as I added more fans, and cleaned out my compt case of dust, the game stopped crashing.

I never had an issue with bugs.

you have to look at a bigger picture then just bugs,

you have to consider some things:

- does your computer meet the min requirements

- if you have vista 64bit then you may have an issue

- is your cpu and or gpu overheating with other games?

- are you playing with 2 or more addons or mods that are not compatible?

- have you put addons and or mods in places they dont belong?

just a few i can think of but there are many reasons.

Lets also consider to that OFP Dr and Arma 2 are on two totally different engines and arma 2 engine

I might add is an proprietary engine that BIS built for arma 2. Same for Arma, and OFP.

Look at the big picture. Do a search in the forum for topics discussing things that might make your game crash,

or just ask for help, dont assume Arma 2 is buggy, for all you know it could be

something you are or are not running to make the game work.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Hey Gunter,

You know what dude, just stop right there. I dont need your endless baggering about my system and what might be wrong with my pc, My pc is jsut fine and most likly is 5 times better than anything your running. Its this stupid unfinished beta of a game thats the problem. Whining? dude get a life and stop kissing the devs asses. I guess its whining when you pay your hard earned money for a game you cant even play right? thats what whining is?

Take a good look at the post on this forum and its mostly about people that cant run the game for more than 10 mins at a time without it CTTDT.

And I guess Im assumnng that its my pc and not the game right? its a clean install, I have no issues with any other game I run except this abomination. I dont run any mods, Im not over heating, and no its not my pc moron.

Read the posting on the forums and its plain and painfully clear that this game is not in any shape or form ready for release. its a fricking beta. and we paid so we can play a beta.

I got a hint for you dude, how about STFU and leave the commenting about help to the devs and not your lame stupid comments.

Relax man sorry for saying what I said but

Your little comments are taking it to far I pointed those things for a reason but you seem so stuck on the game,

you would rather blame the game in all its entireity and not possibly find other possibilites which could be your

computer or something related to it, how do you know have you checked?

Im not trying to mae you out to be the bad guy or make a fool of you or whatever, i'm trying to weigh the odds here i

ts a process of elimination, unless you did a bunch of tests to find out what it is then you cannot say for sure

that its not overheating or an incompatibility or even a bug.

if it is a bug then what errors are you getting, if you cand find the RPt it should tell you.

Another post with the same problem and I mentioned overheating and sure enough thats

what it was after the guy did some monitoring of the cpu and GPU temps.

I understand the issue of your game crashing it does suck I been there as well,

but I only mentioned other possibilities that could add to it crashing, Im not here

to compare my computer with yours as i really dont care.

All Im saying is yes the game has its bugs but there are other factors involved

that could be maybe not meeting the system requirements or not enough ram,

or incompatible OS, or some other possibilities, I highly doubt its all the game.

And no i'm not kissing the devs asses, I been playing BIS games since the very

beginning and I know what to expect, and what I'm dealing with, and most of my

problems I ever had was related to my own computer either having a low end GPU,

or CPU, or overheating, or incompatible addons and or mods, thats about the only

things i have ever dealt with and low FPS on occasion but outside of that I get no issues.

Arma 2 as well as the other games are great games, I could never part with them,

what you do is up to you and I hope you get it sorted out.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

There is nothing wrong with the game. Check minimum specs and make sure all drivers are uptodate. Make sure you have the latest patch. If it doesn't work I'm afraid ITS YOUR PC at fault. Simple.

The forums are here to help Darks, but watch what you slag off. There are thousands of people that run this perfectly well. Look at your system first then ask for advice on how to make it run more smoothly etc. The troubleshooting thread will help you out massively.

Sorry, But I’m going to tell you where you can stick your, it’s your PC at fault. Because it’s not my PC. you guys need to take a long hard look at the forums and the tons of post that are here and on Steams forums about how shitty the game is in terms of I can’t get it to run for more than 10 mins at a time before it crashes.

I recently rebuilt my pc from scratch, has all the latest drivers too. I’m not an idiot, I know what I’m doing I’ve been doing this kind of crap for over 20 years. I’m a network Admin, so I think I’m very capable of troubleshooting my pc and any issues. Again I will spell this out for you guys since you are too stupid to read my prior comments about. “I have NO OTHER ISSSUES RUNNING ANY OTHER GAME EXCEPT THIS ONE†Got it??

This is A typical of BI, this is not the first time one of their games has been released in this bug ridden constant crashing state. I have seen this from the very first game they released up to this latest version that what a surprise it also crashes all the time. Truthfully it’s a wonder this company is still in business, I can’t see how any of you can sit here and defend these guys. You all have lost your damn minds if you ask me. Because no one in their right mind defends a game that doesn’t run well and continually crashes.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

Gunter,

This is the error message in the report file I keep getting. To me it’s referencing the video drivers. But these are the latest drivers out for the game.

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 7C809750

graphics: D3D9, Device: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285, Driver:nvd3dum.dll 8.17.12.5896

resolution: 1920x1200x32

I don’t use mods at all, just a straight up install of the game I even left the graphics setting at normal. Didn’t change any of them. Except I turned shadows off. Just to see if that helps. It didn’t.

Makes no scense to me why the game crashes. And yes I have Physx off. I even turned off all setting for the game inside Nvidia control panel and let the game handle it all. The card is not over heating I have a gadget up that shows me the temps of the gpu. It never goes over 116 degrees.

If I sound like I’ve been an ass, sorry but my frustration level has about had it with this game and the constant crashes.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

My system Specs are these.

ASUS P7P55D Delux MB

8 GIG Ram - Corsair 9-9-9-9-24

EVGA GTX 285

Intel i7 2.8 Quad Core

Win 7 x64

2 Hard Drives. Western Digital 1 TB FALS

all of these are up-to-date with latest drivers.

Edited by Darks

If I sound like I’ve been an ass, sorry but my frustration level has about had it with this game and the constant crashes.

Hey np I understand, it is frustrating, we'll get it straightened out.

You have pretty good specs, I cant tell you exactly off hand but it may be something with the graphics card drivers?

and the OS im not 100% on it.

questions,

- do you have the game patched with the latest official patch which is 1.07?

- what installed game do you have?

steam download, digital download, or disc?

- anything overclocked?

after doing an extensive search some posts I found that may be of help:

some findings based on the error you pointed out in your post:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76670

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76908&highlight=ctd

run as adminstrator

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104457

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1647654&postcount=12

seems in this post the exception code error u get has been solved with the beta patch,

check out the post

exception code post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=104450

I did a large search for you my man, about all I can find,

let us know what the situation is and then we can go from there if nothing has changed.

hope that helps.

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for those links, I read through many of them, some I had found on my own but I hadn’t seen the one trying it as an Admin. That to me makes no senses but I will try it. I am set as an admin on my box. But I’ll give it a shot and see how that goes. I also saw that there were conflicts with Realtech drivers and NVidia. That did peek my interest because I do have both of those on my board. The lan is by Realtec which I wasn’t happy about since Intel is clearly the way to go when it comes to lan cards. I have a Intel gigabit card I will install that too and give it a shot. I have a feeling that may work. And my crashing seems to be only related to LAN play. I don’t recall crashing on Single player. But I do crash if I click Scenario.

I’m still kind of Peeved at BI for not resolving these types of issues in the first place. It should never ever take several patches later to fix this kind of stuff that should have been fixed out the gate.

Thanks for all your help dude!

Edited by Darks
update

Your welcome.

The community is pretty big here, and there is alot of work being done to track

the bugs and fix them, and what is used is the community tracker seen here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki

basically whatever bug you think you got you create a form and then submit, and on this page:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues

all the issues that players and anyone alike playing arma 2 have submitted.

By submitting bugs it will allow BIS devs to fix them, as before when bugs were submitted they

came out with beta patches and then offical stable patches that have fixed the game in those

areas of bugs or tweaks, or even features.

The latest patch for Arma 2 is 1.07 and that came out end of july early August, somewhere

around there. thats the thing with BIS they are always working on the game, but more the

community then them, we have alot of great folks that have been in the BIS series games for

a long time and have contributed alot to the community, this is one of those things, and it is very big.

I guess you can say Arma 2 as well as the other BIS games are indeed still in a beta stage, but

whats interesting and cool (thats if your game dont crash and you can actually play the game)

its like you get a better game every time the game is patched, every time a new addon, or mod

is created, and updated, new material, thats the beauty of OFP, Arma series its a sandbox game,

you can do anything, go anywhere, be anyone, pretty much play any type of game you can think of.

If you can dream it up and know how to script it, or code it, or whatever then you can play it.

well getting offtopic, I hope that the situation turns out, and it seems that your on the right track,

any questions I can possibly answer then let me, or anyone for that matter know,

i'm ussally on and off the forums here all day.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

but I hadn’t seen the one trying it as an Admin. That to me makes no senses but I will try it. I am set as an admin on my box.

With Vista/W7 it is a must to install and "run as administrator" with basically........anything you put on it.

If not...you will have errors such as you are having.

Having an account listed as "Administrator" does not work as you think it does/should.

Hi all , Getting CTD.

Sometimes it will just CTD with the windows error ( Program not working) and sometimes i will get out of memory error. Even when running everything on low dosen't seem to do the trick and besides the game looks horrible on those settings.

Specs :

Intel® Core i5 CPU

M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz (Intel Boost 2.5GHZ)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Dedi 1GB memory

4GB of RAM

I have tried command lines (nosplash , memory 2047 etc..) and disabled phsyx

I will not being buying BF until this is fixed.

Thanks in advance

Hi all , Getting CTD.

Sometimes it will just CTD with the windows error ( Program not working) and sometimes i will get out of memory error. Even when running everything on low dosen't seem to do the trick and besides the game looks horrible on those settings.

Specs :

Intel® Core i5 CPU

M 430 @ 2.27GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz (Intel Boost 2.5GHZ)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M Dedi 1GB memory

4GB of RAM

I have tried command lines (nosplash , memory 2047 etc..) and disabled phsyx

I will not being buying BF until this is fixed.

Thanks in advance

Do not use the -maxmem=2047 command. It is not needed with the 1.07 patch, and will actually hurt performance. If you are still having out of memory errors after you do this, check

"Control Panel, System, Advanced System settings, Advanced Tab, Performance - Settings, Advanced Tab, Virtual Memory - Change"

and either check the box next to "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives" or increase the minimum and maximum allowed paging file size to 4096 MB (= RAM x 1), and 8192 MB (=RAM x 2) respectively. Also you may want to make sure that your paging file is on the same drive as your ARMA2 directory.

The out of memory error refers to Virtual Memory so playing with these settings has a good chance of alleviating your problem. I use to have that crash all the time running x64 Windows 7 with 6 GB of RAM, but it completely stopped with the 1.07 patch. You may just try reinstalling the 1.07 patch.

If none of the above helps I have heard of a out of memory error crash that specifically affects computers with 4GB of RAM, and that removing 1 stick of RAM fixes it. That probably isn't ideal though since it would likely mean going from 4 GB of RAM to 2.

Edited by Component Actual

Also try installing it in default C:\ directory if you haven't

hi guys

same problem here, i start the game, go into the armery and in about 1/2 minutes it go do the desktop, but the game still run with audio.

i can't see video, only my desk. (just to talk easy, i can play but i can see only my desktop)

i need to close A2OA with ALT-F4 or desktop manager.

i have a q6600 2.4

5ghz ram ddr3

nvidia 9800 gtx (with latest driver)

windows 7 64 (always uptodate)

(just formatted about 3 weeks ago)

game downloaded from steam already patched

already try to downclock to 555 (but gained only an extra min)

and various settings founded around in the forum

i don't reealy know what i can try :\

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

edit:

oh yeah, i forgot to tell that i don't have any error message :\

Hi all,

To all those who are getting random crashes to desktop can i ask whether or not you have a usb joystick or some usb peripheral plugged in that may be causing this issue?? I (fingers crossed and touch wood and all that) believe i may have resolved this issue by realising that while i had my sidewinder forcefeedback joystick plugged in the game would ctd all the time at random points mainly 5-10 min into a campaign so i reformatted etc (win7 64 bit) and noticed that i had forgot to plug joystick in to play but noticed that this time the game worked fine in training missions, i came back to the game later and plugged it in and lone behold it crashed again!! so i tried again without the joystick plugged in and was able to play campaign so far (1-2 hours) no crashing.

I hope this helps as i myself know how bloody frustrating this has been.

All the best and let me know how you all get on!!!

Regards.:yay:

Edited by Marlboroman

I get chrashes most of the time when ever I try to configure the Saitek X52 Pro with Flight Pedals Pro (both USB) in the games options>controls menu. Most crashes happen on axis or button configuration. I do the axis configuration directly in the user.cfg for some time now to avoid this.

So... what now?

Got a crash too.

Hi Ecto, my resolution was aimed at those who are having the ctd on regular occasions. You haven't really elaborated on what your issue is apart from the above, do you have an error report or can you provide info surrounding your crash instance.:j: