Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

is it just me or there still hasn't been one video/pic that shows the UAV or the MLRS artillery even exist?!?:(

I uploaded a very short one of it shooting at night.

I've noticed one thing here: when talking about OPF:DR, everyone calls it inferior to Arma 2 (or at least "consolish Rambo-FPS"). Would you mind explaining it to me? You have definitly played that game so you can tell everything about it, right? I haven't played both games (how could I ;)) but after reading some of objective Arma 2 reviews here, I dare to say DR sounds better so far. Surely it won't have so top-notched graphics, but at least there will be realrealismthere. Or so I hope. I bet Arma 2 is fun for gamers but for sim-lovers - it's not enough (yet, hope patch will fix that).

this is hardly the place to discuss OPFDR. i am certain, though, that it will be more of a 'game' and less of a pure sandbox.

is it just me or there still hasn't been one video/pic that shows the UAV or the MLRS artillery even exist?!?:(

Im uploading the video right now so it should be up within half an hour MLRS and UAV in the video

;)

I've noticed one thing here: when talking about OPF:DR, everyone calls it inferior to Arma 2 (or at least "consolish Rambo-FPS"). Would you mind explaining it to me? You have definitly played that game so you can tell everything about it, right? I haven't played both games (how could I ;)) but after reading some of objective Arma 2 reviews here, I dare to say DR sounds better so far. Surely it won't have so top-notched graphics, but at least there will be realrealismthere. Or so I hope. I bet Arma 2 is fun for gamers but for sim-lovers - it's not enough (yet, hope patch will fix that).

This is not the thread to discuss OPF:DR, but I'll say this much. I think it's fairly safe to say that there's no way DR is going be more sim-like than Arma2. OFP:DR is aimed at a mainstream market and the little ingame footage we've seen so far doesn't look large scale or dynamic at all. Besides, several promised features have been dropped already (such as Mission editor and flyable jets). That being said, OFP:DR might turn out to be a great game. But a rival to Bohemia's territory? Well...Based on what we've actually seen, I really think Codemasters has a significantly different approach. Apples and oranges!

I love it how everyone goes to say how it isn't the place to discuss DR, but do so anyways. If you want to discuss DR, you know where to do it.

I uploaded a very short one of it shooting at night.

WOW! it fires Really Nicely!:eek:

thx 4 the upload Nihilistix

Im uploading the video right now so it should be up within half an hour MLRS and UAV in the video

;)

cool, i'll be waiting =)

Im very disappointed with arma2 gunfight sounds,the weapons and bullets sound like crap,doesnt give intense firefights.

to some one of bohemia,if you see this,this are the bullets supersonic cracks and weapons firing sounds like this not like the ones at arma2->

I hoppe you guys fix that with a patch.

Hi, it seems to be request the feature day lol, If I may make a small request?, can we see some mortars and their various ordnance being fired by player and or being used by AI in the indirect fire role is such a thing is possible?, also has the NVG simulation been improved? I've noticed tracers very similar to VBS2's which is superb, any chance of seeing those at night through naked eye and then through NVG's respectively?.

Thanks to anyone that can help curb my inquisitions!

Here it is !

MLRS and UAV... MLRS needs work since the firing animation is the same tube.

HD is still uploading but you can watch it in crappy mode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kRWgvNSl4

Nice!;)

ya ur right about the firing animation on the MLRS.. minor neglectful bug for now i guess.

the UAV interface seems simple, but i wanna ask. how do you start controlling it, is there some machine you place on the map or you just click something like "control UAV" when you're standing next to it?:D

+ there's something weird about the rotar on the UAV, at 0:17 to 0:21, they look kinda "blurish"

Edited by Raficoo

Here it is !

MLRS and UAV... MLRS needs work since the firing animation is the same tube.

HD is up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79kRWgvNSl4

Nice work dood! Post more videos if you can. I LOVE them :D Btw: What song is that you used in the video? Really nice when i want to sleep. :)

Hey guys... I just uploaded some movies from me playing ArmA2...

First some boring movies ;)

Animals

Civilians

And here, probably the most interesting, a 7 minute Mission Gameplay including insertion and taking off the carrier (HQ/HD is still processing, so wait a minute if you want the proper quality)

Edited by Icewindo

Animals

Civilians

And here a 7 minute Mission Gameplay (HQ/HD is still processing, so wait a minute if you want the proper quality)

Very nice aswell! But there is lots of noise in the soundmix. Keep posting videos :)

Edit: The noise only appeared on the Animal video. Watching the Civilian video now, and its much better speaking of the soundnoise.

Edited by Debate

ya ur right about the firing animation on the MLRS.. minor neglectful bug for now i guess.
That has been going on since OFP. Something to do with the way weapon proxies behave on the models, I think. I'd like to see that corrected, but since it hasn't been already I doubt it's high on BIS' list of priorities.

I have some video requests for anybody willing to get to it:

-If you show tracer fire with NVGs, also fire a flare and show how that looks

-Can we see an example of how tracked vehicles behave at speed on uneven terrain?

-Can we get a video of a HALO insertion from the time the player exits the aircraft to the ground?

Animals

Are the animals capable of attacks?

Very nice aswell! But there is lots of noise in the soundmix. Keep posting videos :)

Edit: The noise only appeared on the Animal video. Watching the Civilian video now, and its much better speaking of the soundnoise.

The noise is the sound of the ocean :p , I recorded the animals close to it. HQ is working now btw for the 3rd one.

The noise is the sound of the ocean :p , I recorded the animals close to it. HQ is working now btw for the 3rd one.

Ur kidding, right?

Ur kidding, right?

About the ocean sound? Nope, if you get close to it, you will hear it.

Attacking? Nah, I couldn't switch to any fire mode, so I guess it won't work without further modding.

I just uploaded an ArmA II boat compilation music video. Just shows various boats in action and what not to "I'm on a Boat" by The Lonely Island. The music does contain some language that may be offensive to some. Enjoy

Nice work dood! Post more videos if you can. I LOVE them :D Btw: What song is that you used in the video? Really nice when i want to sleep. :)

The idol of the ''Time and Space'' from Devil may cry 4

After some hours of testing and tweaking:

Cons:

I have weird sound issues.

- Sounds are muffled.

- I can hear far far away vehicles.

- Flies are extremly loud.

- No true 5.1 surround sound for the weapons.**

** = If I turn my head in freelook, the gun sound comes allways out of the center&front speakers(like it should, when looking straight ahead), but not from left or right or left-/right-/behind.

Most weird thing, the sound of the falling ammo cases are coming out of the correct speakers...

I tried newer/older driver and my onboard sound instead the audigy 4, nothing works. (OFP, ArmA1, other games are working greatâ„¢)

---

Next thing is the "missing" antialiasing.

I read that you can activate 2x AA with 150% fillrate settings, but that kills a LOT fps. So back to 100% = no AA.

Without AA, the game looks horror! I'm running 1920x1080 but it looks like 800x600.

That kills all the beauty of the island..

---

- Motion blur while turning is too much.

- EOTech reticle is too tiny

- destroyed vehicles look like they are dead for 1 billion years

---

- same unrealistic thrust control like in ArmA 1...

Maybe there is an option to switch it to "realistic mode", I will take another look at that. But maybe BIS is deaf on that ear or Marek loves flying planes with "special input controllers" that benefits from that annoying "feature"...

mareks_stick.jpg

:mad:

-----

-----

Pros:

- helicopter flying is fantastic !!!

- multiple joystick support !!!

- car steering works great !

- looking behind/over your shoulder !!

- reload while moving !!

- moving, running, change stands, looking, doing things, etc is really quick !!

- animals !!! (can't wait to see the first deer/dinosaur/giant tarantula in the game!) :D

- different sounds/effects when bullets hit: wood/stone/glass/metal/etc.

- great number of people/vehicles/weapons/etc

- zillion other things I have to explore in the next hours/days/weeks/lightyears.

-----

MfG Lee ;)

Well after Dl'in the German version(US based player) and playing around with the Editor and a bit of the campaign I gotta say I'm a big fan. Sure there are a bunch of cons thus far and a lot of room for improvement but overall I think it looks beautiful and runs very well on max settings on my rig. God damn am I glad I sucked it up and purchased the German version.

Of course this is just a quick impression and things could change as far as my views are concerned. So far though, I gotta give it a big fat thumbs up. Thanks BIS!

I'd sure love to be able to figure out how to use Commander mode or what ever the hell it's called. I don't see it off the bat while playing round in the Editor but I see there is some Game Logic stuff I need to learn how to use. Can anyone direct me to a link that explains it in English? I haven't seen anything about the Game Logics on the forums yet.

Here's a nice video I found

In this vid he shoots somone in the head and it still takes to shots to kill the enemy? Is head shots not an instant kill?

All you guys should install german beta patch!

I had a slight performance increase and the coop campaign ran crash-free which is a very awesome piece of this software!