Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

This summarizes it pretty good actually...

However, Arma1 was called something with "Simulation" in the Slogan and Arma2, like we all know, is called *cough* "The Ultimate Military Simulation"......

Why the hell do you say that the ballistics and weapon firing rates are unrealistic? BIS says it completely life-like. The game isnt a gem in your eyes, fair enough, but why say BS? Maybe its wrong in that all-mighty ACE mod. :)

I understand the use of term Ultimate military simulator perfectly. Can anyone name better warfare simulator than Arma2. I doubt it. There just isn't any competition. Now as we know the OFP:DR will be "consolified" pos.

I understand the use of term Ultimate military simulator perfectly. Can anyone name better warfare simulator than Arma2. I doubt it.

it's easy to be the best military simulator if it's the only one... just saying. ;)

it's easy to be the best military simulator if it's the only one... just saying. ;)

Exactly. :)

I understand the use of term Ultimate military simulator perfectly. Can anyone name better warfare simulator than Arma2. I doubt it.

I you are talking about the FPS genre than you are definitely correct, if you are talking about the PC games as a whole - than you are way off...

Peace,

DreDay

No other games come close to what BIS games do so I don't understand the complaints people repeatedly raise :P

Anyways seen many vids and screens and read some of the user experiences and the game seems to me to shape up exactly as expected.

I mean Bis told us about all the features that where going to be in the game so I don't get where people dig out all the molotov cocktails from...

If you are talking about the FPS genre than you are definitely correct, if you are talking about the PC games as a whole - than you are way off...

Yup. Was just about to say that, myself.

I you are talking about the FPS genre than you are definitely correct, if you are talking about the PC games as a whole - than you are way off...

Peace,

DreDay

Yes, obviously i meant first person played games.

No other games come close to what BIS games do so I don't understand the complaints people repeatedly raise :P

Anyways seen many vids and screens and read some of the user experiences and the game seems to me to shape up exactly as expected.

I mean Bis told us about all the features that where going to be in the game so I don't get where people dig out all the molotov cocktails from...

It's very simple. People seem to be discontent with the degree to which these new features/changes have been implemented. As a simple example, BIS have said that AI will be improved. It does appear to be improved. However, it also appears to be improved to a much lesser degree than a lot of the people were hoping. Hence the dissatisfaction of some players. I don't see why this would surprise you so much.

Peace,

DreDay

The death anims look so good in this vid. ^^

Edited by ziiip

yeah, i also noticed it.

It feels like the body falls into the ground and it actually have weight. :)

can anyone here tell me about the death animations/physics, this is something ive been waiting to hear about.. did they improve on the animations, say bullet impacts on soldiers etc, the way they fall when they die?

I hear its all the same way as in ArmA and OFP?

Yes, obviously i meant first person played games.

I have re-read your original post and now I see that it was meant in a semi-sarcastic way. I totally see what you are saying now, good one!

Peace,

DreDay

Hello, I made a short video showing the Civilian/Civilian vehicle modules in action. As a mission maker I was interested in what these modules had to offer and was very impressed with them because they were dynamic and a city never seems to populate in the same way twice. It really gave a sense of depth in the environment to watch people casually go about their day, and then ruin it for them :(

Hello, I made a short video showing the Civilian/Civilian vehicle modules in action. As a mission maker I was interested in what these modules had to offer and was very impressed with them because they were dynamic and a city never seems to populate in the same way twice. It really gave a sense of depth in the environment to watch people casually go about their day, and then ruin it for them :(

Today 21:31

Thanks for that ;) . Great stuff.

People talk about realism but then test it with the MOST unrealistic means. If you played the game properly you probably never would have found out that tons of M240 clips destroy a tank. A sim(and I mean REAL ones, even DCS doesn't count) needs to be used in a realistic manner to give the impression of realism. If you abuse something and use it how it isn't supposed to be used OF COURSE you'll have 'unrealistic' results. Things are made with a certain direction and using them away from that will make it seem wrong. The same is true for realistic games.

Now I'm not saying its perfect but don't get cross and bash the shit out of it because the game doesn't play for you.

Nice work! Post more videos if you can :) Love it.

Edit: That goes for both, Nihilistix and lapa :D

Did my first (quick) warfare with the new AI and was not "silly-sniped" once and had plenty of random incoming fire, infact...the most confused warrior in the field was me.

Not scientific testing by any means but from what I saw there was alot of covering/suppressing-like fire from the mg's and AI was rolling in on all flanks. Not at all like the frustrating time I had in A1's warfare. The AI is not the same as the old one.

All in all...I can not see how BIS could muck this up. It can only get better from this end and I love it.

@Nihilistix

One question ,did you have to link the logic to any civilian placed ''units'' or just place the logic, and thats it.

Here's a nice video I found

That was a great video, thanks. :D

is it just me or there still hasn't been one video/pic that shows the UAV or the MLRS artillery even exist?!?:(

I've noticed one thing here: when talking about OPF:DR, everyone calls it inferior to Arma 2 (or at least "consolish Rambo-FPS"). Would you mind explaining it to me? You have definitly played that game so you can tell everything about it, right? I haven't played both games (how could I ;)) but after reading some of objective Arma 2 reviews here, I dare to say DR sounds better so far. Surely it won't have so top-notched graphics, but at least there will be realrealismthere. Or so I hope. I bet Arma 2 is fun for gamers but for sim-lovers - it's not enough (yet, hope patch will fix that).

is it just me or there still hasn't been one video/pic that shows the UAV or the MLRS artillery even exist?!?:(

Worry no longer.