Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

I won my first multiplayer game! :yay:

The mission maker obviously invested some effort into the deathmatch, with kills showing as negative score.

a2_firstdm.jpg

It's not a thumbnail btw.

I really, really find it fascinating that in all those numerous user-made YouTube videos that has been posted in this thread; it has not occured to a single person - not a single person - to simply place down two opposing infantry squads in the editor; have them attack each other, and stand back in the distance, recording on FRAPS or something how the AI does.

Instead we have had a few videos of the player running around shooting things, running from cover to cover and generally not showing the AI itself very much, a couple of videos of heliopters flying and shooting rockets, (Most of us here has played ArmA 1 and OFP; we already know what a helicopter looks like when it shoots!), and assorted other things. Sure, they show some AI movements, but hardly enough to offer any insight in how good it is.

All these pages, and not a single video about that, so far. Just seems like such a wasted opportunity...

---

Oh; and there was a discussion a few pages back about ragdoll physics, (or lack thereof), but some of those death animations shown in a couple of videos looked pretty ragdoll-y to me?

Edited by St!gar

I really, really find it fascinating that in all those numerous user-made YouTube videos that has been posted in this thread; it has not occured to a single person - not a single person - to simply place down two opposing infantry squads in the editor; have them attack each other, and stand back in the distance, recording on FRAPS or something how the AI does.

Instead we have had a few videos of the player running around shooting things, running from cover to cover and generally not showing the AI itself very much, a couple of videos of heliopters flying and shooting rockets, (Most of us here has played ArmA 1 and OFP; we already know what a helicopter looks like when it shoots!), and assorted other things. Sure, they show some AI movements, but hardly enough to offer any insight in how good it is.

All these pages, and not a single video about that, so far. Just seems like such a wasted opportunity...

totally agree.. i really would like to see some videos where ai combat stands.. especially 2 squads opposing each other in a scenario would be great!

hindarma2.jpg

hindarma22.jpg

Click on pic for HQ pic

ArmA 2 1.01 - everything on very high , vd 3500 and 200% AA = running almost like slideshow lol

why this the white so bright?! does it really need to be so excessively? Doesn't anyone else notice the same excessiveness? Or is just me?!

That's hdr blooming, caused by post processing I would guess... Not too happy about it either, but as long as it can be turned off...

I got the game installed and at lowest settings it's still sssslllloooowwww....

But I'm not getting a new PC, no way.

If you cannot play it then give it to me. I'll give you games that should run better as a trade.

why this the white so bright?! does it really need to be so excessively? Doesn't anyone else notice the same excessiveness? Or is just me?!

It's because he has post processing set on the highest. All new games use it a lot though I'm not a big fan of it. Just turn if down.

In ArmA1 turning off PP is bugged, i hope it wont in ARMA2

You may be able to turn off more post processing directly through your graphics car via something like Rivatuner

I uploaded a new video:

Since 1.01beta the AI got much much better so to speak and is afaik now beyond Arma1 AI.

This Patch has improved much - still a big shame the game got released in germany in that unpatched shape...

Enjoy!

One annoying thing about the AI is that they often repeat their chatter about covering fire. Other than that, they're pretty good. :)

Looks awesome, I'm impressed. :eek:

Thanks for the video. :)

I'M COVERING! GO!

small arms (rifles and MGs) no longer have tracers? or did you turn it off in difficulty settings?

I really like the game much more then I did when Arma was released.

It runs absolute fluent on my system on highest settings.

Since 1.01 beta the A.I. got much much better so to speak and is afaik now beyond ArmA 1 A.I.

The patch has improved much; still a big shame the game got released in Germany in that un-patched shape.

I came. :eek:

Edited by Laqueesha

I uploaded a new video:

Since 1.01beta the AI got much much better so to speak and is afaik now beyond Arma1 AI.

This Patch has improved much - still a big shame the game got released in germany in that unpatched shape...

Enjoy!

Cheers for teh video. Did the enemys actuallly fire back at you though?

The speech is rubbish (sorry I have to say it). I dont understand why there cant be a sound file for each sentance and not stringing words together at different speeds and tones. That sort of thing would have been fine 10 years ago but now you expect a certain standard from games.

Edited by chrismvts

I uploaded a new video:

Enjoy!

interesting video, keep those type coming, as the AI in this game will determine whether or not i purchase the game.

as posted above, i would be interested to know if they did fire back (it was hard to tell- and since you didnt loose 1 guy it was a little odd)- and while it may have been improved, its still seems like it has some work to go before getting to a level that i would call acceptable, imo.

how are you finding the suppressing fire now after the patch?

Cheers for teh video. Did the enemys actuallly fire back at you though?

The speech is rubbish (sorry I have to say it). I dont understand why there cant be a sound file for each sentance and not stringing words together at different speeds and tones. That sort of thing would have been fine 10 years ago but now you expect a certain standard from games.

Agreed, the work/reward to having each 'voice actor' do every sentence 3 times is worth it. IMO. It breaks the....scratch that...shatters the immersion, having broken up weird sentences.

I uploaded a new video:

Enjoy!

Whoa. That's actually really, really impressive. With all the flak the AI has been getting I was beginning to lower my expectations, but this proved me wrong.

Could you perhaps film a sequence where two squads face each other in some vegetation? Film it with camera.sqs or something?

I uploaded a new video:
Agree these are the types of Videos the Arma Community needs right now. Love near the end where you command them to move 200, 1 stays and talks about the weather:rolleyes: court Marshall

Delete pls!

Edited by mr.g-c
double-post pls delete!

camouflage works.

Care to explain better?

Colors of the camoflage blend in better?

Using camo nets reduce the signature?

Facial and gun camoflage works?

The camoflage attributte for i.e. special ops?

Edit: Somehow this post ended up before the 4 threads under it which was there when I posted it? Forums still a bit whacky?