Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

lol where that hooker came from? The grandma is her pimp for the western costumers? :D

Hahah. You noticed the old granma back there. :D

Hi! I'm also norwegian ;p Just wondering, have you ordered the game? Cause I can't find it anywhere in Norway :o

I ordered the game from UK :)

www.play.com

Just hoping i get it on friday :/

Hi! I'm also norwegian ;p Just wondering, have you ordered the game? Cause I can't find it anywhere in Norway

Apparently, Spaceworld gets it this friday, the 19th, just on schedule. That's where I'm getting it. If i buy it online, I'll have to wait a few extra days for it to ship.

Apparently, Spaceworld gets it this friday, the 19th, just on schedule. That's where I'm getting it. If i buy it online, I'll have to wait a few extra days for it to ship.

They get it in Spaceworld? :S I need to confirm that, ofc i will cancel my order if that is the case, would ofc be nice not to have to wait the extra couple of days for it.

I would just like to say how pleased i am about ArmA 2, its an awesome game, with unrivalled ambition, i used to play ArmA 1 quite a bit, ok the netcode back then was pretty terrible, but it was the atmosphere when playing coops with my buddys that kept me coming back, sneaking around at night, actually whispering to each other on comms because it started to feel quite real.

So i thought if ArmA 2 could just recapture that aspect, and fix the netcode for the larger mp modes, it would be great, but no, they went further than that, the graphics are even better, the atmosphere is electric, and i have never seen night time done so brilliantly in a game, its so darm spooky in those woods at night, also game performance is pretty sweet too, i think a lot of people expect cod 4-5 performance, but forget this is a completely different game, where 60fps isnt needed, generally mine runs above 30fps, more often 50+fps, and that's at 1680x1050 with 100% fill rate (set in config) and most options on high, in single player and multiplayer i might add.

I have seen so many negative comments about this game, so i just thought i would add my opinion, and say a thankyou to the dev's for their efforts.

Im right with you on this R3pent! :) I tested ARMA2 for a while hard and i felt the exact same as you. I just cant wait until i get the 505 version and go online with my mates. With the much improved movement assaulting villages now is awesome. Moving from tree to tree and house to house was amazing. Flying the helicopters felt heavy but with more power than ArmA1 so that was a treat too. Flying jets was awesome over chernarus. Roll speed is very good and the overall feeling is so much better than ArmA1. All the ambiance... Like you say at night time its very atmospheric and nighty feeling.

There is so much to say about a very very ambitious game that after BIS pathces it a couple of times will be exactlly what i have wanted since ArmA1. Top that off with ACE2 and other community addons well... We are in for a sweet ride!

BIS made a super job!!!!! :notworthy:

Cant wait... 4 more days...

Regards

Alex

Edited by Alex72

I ordered the game from UK :)

www.play.com

Just hoping i get it on friday :/

That is not a very good idea. Unless you get the shop to mark the package as a gift, be prepared to be robbed by the Norwegian state.

When you import goods where the cost of it (including shipping) is over 22,5 Euros, you have to pay a tax of 10 Euros, plus an additional 25 % tax of the price of the game+shipping+the first 10 euro tax.

My tip is therefore to either buy a digital copy, or from a Norwegian shop.

That is not a very good idea. Unless you get the shop to mark the package as a gift, be prepared to be robbed by the Norwegian state.

When you import goods where the cost of it (including shipping) is over 22,5 Euros, you have to pay a tax of 10 Euros, plus an additional 25 % tax of the price of the game+shipping+the first 10 euro tax.

My tip is therefore to either buy a digital copy, or from a Norwegian shop.

I tried to DL it from Petegames (Ger), but only get the msg: "Bezahlung Abgebrochen". Anyone know why this happens? Or are there other sites i can get it from?

72;1310794']Im right with you on this R3pent! :) I tested ARMA2 for a while hard and i felt the exact same as you. I just cant wait until i get the 505 version and go online with my mates. With the much improved movement assaulting villages now is awesome. Moving from tree to tree and house to house was amazing. Flying the helicopters felt heavy but with more power than ArmA1 so that was a treat too. Flying jets was awesome over chernarus. Roll speed is very good and the overall feeling is so much better than ArmA1. All the ambiance... Like you say at night time its very atmospheric and nighty feeling.

There is so much to say about a very very ambitious game that after BIS pathces it a couple of times will be exactlly what i have wanted since ArmA1. Top that off with ACE2 and other community addons well... We are in for a sweet ride!

BIS made a super job!!!!! :notworthy:

Cant wait... 4 more days...

Regards

Alex

Agreed, except i allready have mine, german download version, well done BI Studios.

I tried to DL it from Petegames (Ger), but only get the msg: "Bezahlung Abgebrochen". Anyone know why this happens? Or are there other sites i can get it from?

Well, i downloaded from metaboli/Morphicon, and didn't have any problems with that. ( i'm an norwegian too )

Just couldn't wait for the english release... did the same with arma. Never had any problems with that.

Though, i did have a problem with getting it from petergames ( they didn't want my cash :P )

And, i just have to say, i realy do love this game, only reason for still playing some arma, is that there still is a couple in the clan that haven't got their youknowwhat in gear, and bought it yet ( or, more so, are vice anough to wait for a version that we actualy understan what the text sais ;) )

Arma2 is just amaising, sure, it got it's bugs, but it's nowere near as many as in the armed assault release ( didn't notice many there though ), and haven't experienced any game stoppers yet. It even runs better on my rig, than armed assault does!

Edited by Noraf

I dont know if

this has been posted before, but I was really, really impressed!

How is the manual? Good? bad? small? big? For me who are new to this game is reading the manual and play the training missions enough to learn all the new features?

How is the manual? Good? bad? small? big? For me who are new to this game is reading the manual and play the training missions enough to learn all the new features?

Hi demonlord89

There are lots of manuals for ArmA. Which one do you mean?

There is the community Wiki which has lots of things including the basic editing manual.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Main_Page

Then there is Dslyecxi's manual of Tactics Techniques & Procedures (TTP)

http://dslyecxi.com/armattp.html

Which is the bible of how to play in ArmA, there will be new version available soon:

http://dslyecxi.com/

with all the ArmA II specifics but the old manual is still the basis on which to play.

Then there are modding manuals, for each tool, island creator, addon maker, animation tool, AI FSM tool etc.

There will be mission walkthoughs in spoilers on the official missions section of this forum.

There is a serious scripting editor manual and bunches of specific manuals for special mission types.

What is it you want to do?

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I think he means the manual that usually comes with every game. the instructional manual or w/e you wanna call it

I dont know if
this has been posted before, but I was really, really impressed!

Yep truly impressive. Spoiled only by that comic muzzle splat flash! :o

Have been waiting for validation key for 5 hours :(

Even sent them a mail asking for it, but no reply yet :(

guess i have to be patient.

Same problem here from the same seller. But have waited for 13 hours. 3-4 mails and nothing.

I can just say this much. I have played alot of sodiersims under my years (almost 30) but this game is really getting me excited I cant wait another second.

Im sitting here with my TIR4 clip on my hat and rdy 2 go. :cool:

// FixXxeR out

Same problem here from the same seller. But have waited for 13 hours. 3-4 mails and nothing.

I can just say this much. I have played alot of sodiersims under my years (almost 30) but this game is really getting me excited I cant wait another second.

Im sitting here with my TIR4 clip on my hat and rdy 2 go. :cool:

// FixXxeR out

Thats bad news..If i remember correctly it said max 8 hours to get validation key, so if ur still waiting then i guess i just have to call it a night and wait for tomorrow :(

Thats bad news..If i remember correctly it said max 8 hours to get validation key, so if ur still waiting then i guess i just have to call it a night and wait for tomorrow :(

Yes you are correct 8 hours. Im out. My eyes are getting red att staring at the inbox. :eek:

Goodnite

//FixXxeR out

Good game but need some patches that bugs freeking me out

Edited by DABEL3