Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

I got the game installed and at lowest settings it's still sssslllloooowwww....

But I'm not getting a new PC, no way.

You will...

:D

Because your PC does not support the game, you will need to upgrade sadly.. you are on a AMD A64 3000+ single core,1GB of Ram and a 6600GT card? you are kidding me right? what did you expect?, i had a similar system to yours 2 weeks ago, 3500+ 2.21ghz,1GB of ram but a much much powerful graphics card..ati radeon 3850 hd pci-e 512mb which i will still be using :D :D, i scrapped the single core and 1gb of ram and my old 939 socket motherboard and spent a cheap budget on a decent dual core,4gb of ram and a new AM2/AM2+ motherboard

You've gotta be kidding...what do you expect form a GF6600? I used to have one, now it's in my grandmy's PC! Fact! :D

Hi all

We should be keeping specifications in the specification thread. That said Celery seriously your published PC spec

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium | A64 3000+ | GF6600GT | 1 GB RAM | SB X-Fi XtremeGamer

is below the minimum spec for ArmA II in all factors so I am guessing your being sarcastic.

Kind regards walker

There will be a "slip" patch for that issue soon.

Can someone opload an OPFOR vid on youtube?

I am really wanna see the AK with sound and model, and also some armor action.

Well decided to buy the german download and installed and updated with the beta patch (so dont know what ran like without), but I love it.

Yes there is obviously some tweaking that needs to be done but runs great looks amazing and I find the AI very capable.

Helicopters are great to fly.. god gotta love the hind.

I wanted to try asap as it is a game I have been looking forward to for a long time and some may accuse me of being a fan boy, but it is better shape than when arma was introduced and we all know the German version was released in a state that is below that of the 505 release. It does have its flaws but one thing we all know is, the devs are dedicated to their games and the community so I have no qualms about recommending it.

The atmosphere in game is brilliant, love the sounds as you go clinking about, will say I have turned head bob to lowest level (but not off). The new ui touches are great, and played a few of the single player missions (spent more time patching my team mates up than firing lol) and seem very well made.

I took a ride on a hind for a trip around the map and its amazing, love the fog you get in the valleys, the way the world has been portrayed is worth the price of the game alone, far far less sterile than Arma was.

I have done some of the training boot camp missions also, completed some, others do need work to be done as unable to progress as scripting is not complete (team training, the squad member will not move).

At this point after messing about with the game for 4 hours things I am not keen on or would like changed are

1. Motion blurring, hope we can get something to tone this down a bit

2. Radio voices from team, again as annoying as Arma ones lol.

Apart from those above and the obvious few bugs and tweaks we know are inbound I am very very happy. I was a bit nervous after reading some of the reports of the game but after trying for myself I cant wait to try the game out MP, and co-op woot.

One thing I had to change myself was the sensitivity for my TrackIR, dropped it down a bit as it certainly seems better implemented in Arma2 it is also far more sensitive.

Anyways, wanted to give my impressions. Hope you like as much as I do :)

Guys, 100kb and no image quoting rule applies here aswell, next offenders will receive some infraction points.

I just threw Razor and a fireteam of Marines on a simple search and destroy against ragtag militia with all teams on stealth....It was the most tense moment I've had in any BIS game. The last opfor was a real bitch to nail as he ambushed two Marines and was taking snapshots on my location, he ended up chasing me away. I had to take cover inside someones house.

Hiding like a coward inside for 5 minutes while discussing the game with a friend the brigand had the audacity to sneak after me and peak out from the house across the yard...I just got really lucky and nailed him first.

During this 15 minute engagement I only saw one "tard" who was standing in the clear 100m from me and aiming my direction....but ranting about the one crappy soldier to the impressive display I saw from the 20 others is moronic. I for one can see a real difference and is getting really giddy about A2's future.

Last but not least...the first person camera is next to none and !! I really love it, but I would not mind a slight reduction in the motionblur or the time it takes to focus.

Finally got Arma 2 running almost as well as Arma 1 by hacking the resolution to 320x240. :D

Finally got Arma 2 running almost as well as Arma 1 by hacking the resolution to 320x240. :D

WOW! 320x240? man i really feel sorry for you.. how could you play that game at such low settings and at that resoultion? does'nt it bother you?

try 80x60 ...the performance is unbelievable :D ... man...love of ArmA makes you do things

WOW! 320x240? man i really feel sorry for you.. how could you play that game at such low settings and at that resoultion? does'nt it bother you?

I only need the game for mission making.

wow, my phone has more resolution then that :D

you playing arma 2 on a iphone or something? :D;):p

No man, I have a proper gaming rig.

LOL.

I so want it to be 19th June. :(

That's just sweet!

perv lol, they are wearing panties, just the screenshot doesnt show it so well. And erm thats a camel .. .. foot :j: yes i said that to preserve decency haha

No man, I have a proper gaming rig.

I just love your humor.

...No, i don't!

How about a little battle setup for a night fight with flares going about? I'm very curious how non NVG fighting is going to feel like.

German 1.00

1152 x 864

High [Not playable! Only if I put on Normally, it runs somewhat]

And one can forget the KI. They go not even behind vehicles or sandbags to cover.

t8kwamf6.jpglpqp558j.jpgpdx5cnlf.jpgrb2twhpf.jpgsqd9af78.jpg

I only need the game for mission making.

Okay i wish you all the best.. if only i was a billionaire i would of actually donated some money for you to have a decent system. Seriously saddens me how you would have to cope with that specifications on ArmA 2..

:(:(

German 1.00

1152 x 864

High [Not playable! Only if I put on Normally, it runs somewhat]

And one can forget the KI. They go not even behind vehicles or sandbags to cover.

apply the patch

Seems like all the warfare missions are bugged with respawning, ui, unable to buy etc...