Sign in to follow this  
funnyguy1

ARMA 2 DE 1.01 (final) Impressions - Post ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Excellent Video, shows how nice the game can look very well :)

So no Granny tank divisions? :(

Nope :(

I didnt try but i hope the hookers at least get into cars otherwise they fail at their job!

:D

A few Vids:

thanks alot man i love the farmhouse video, so much atmosphere, i remember when Oblivion came out.. man that had some atmosphere, but this really kills other games with the environment.. , this is what makes me alot more attracted with the game.. feels more realistic.. however would like to see some combat videos etc if possible :)

Just made some extended tests the whole Morning up till now and like most of you already imagined, under the hood not much has changed...

The Hitpoints System is still in for instance - You can seriously damage and destroy a M1A1 Tank with a M240 or any other small arms weapon.

I wonder if this was false advertising to claim anything about a penetration system.

Double/Multi Barrel Guns still only fire from one barrel (Tunguska/Shilka for instance)

When Tanks are fast enough they start almost to fly similar like in Arma1, etc...

tank Combat with AI is still as annyoing as it was in Arma1 - no improvements here.

AT4 is Multishot and by the engine considered with a maximum range of 2500m.... ROFL!

Recoils and Rate-Of fire are completely off and unrealistc

Basically every bad/weak point of the predecessor, which annoyed me always, are still in - i fail to see any improvements here.

Realism?! Never and nowhere more than in Arma1 or OFP1 in this Game.

Every desperately needed modern stuff/functions like FLIR or whatever has been suggested in the past, is simply not in this game...

In my opinion now after the second day and countless of hours playtime, its the same old soup re-warmed again with a nice upgrade of graphics, units, a very nice island and a good campaign - with many bugs.

Sure there are little improvements like that you can go over small fences or reload while walking, but this is nothing special at all in my opinion.

ACE could do this jump over obstacles thing as well in Arma1 and its just a animation played with a setpos thing.

Again i'm sorry to sound like this, but i feel disapointed by this game in the IMHO key ares, wouldn't there be the nice graphics, atmosphere and campaign there would be no need at all to "upgrade" from Arma1 to Arma2.

I haven't had the time to go step by step to the countless of suggested improvements, so it could be nice if you would list some specific things and i can test them if they have improved or not.

Oh didn't see this, great video...very nostalgic. Lovin the vbs2 tracers.

1:28 ouch

Ditto. A whole world of shit going down at 1:10 too.

Nice review too Mr Burns. Didn't understand it but the pictures were nice!

Just made some extended tests the whole Morning up till now and like most of you already imagined, under the hood not much has changed...

The Hitpoints System is still in for instance - You can seriously damage and destroy a M1A1 Tank with a M240 or any other small arms weapon.

I wonder if this was false advertising to claim anything about a penetration system.

Double/Multi Barrel Guns still only fire from one barrel (Tunguska/Shilka for instance)

When Tanks are fast enough they start almost to fly similar like in Arma1, etc...

tank Combat with AI is still as annyoing as it was in Arma1 - no improvements here.

AT4 is Multishot and by the engine considered with a maximum range of 2500m.... ROFL!

Basically every bad/weak point of the predecessor, which annoyed me always, are still in - i fail to see any improvements here.

Every desperately needed modern stuff/functions like FLIR or whatever has been suggested in the past, is simply not in this game...

In my opinion now after the second day and countless of hours playtime, its the same old soup re-warmed again with a nice upgrade of graphics, units, a very nice island and a good campaign - with many bugs.

Sure there are little improvements like that you can go over small fences or reload while walking, but this is nothing special at all in my opinion.

ACE could do this jump over obstacles thing as well in Arma1 and its just a animation played with a setpos thing.

Again i'm sorry to sound like this, but i feel disapointed by this game in the IMHO key ares, wouldn't there be the nice graphics, atmosphere and campaign there would be no need at all to "upgrade" from Arma1 to Arma2.

I haven't had the time to go step by step to the countless of suggested improvements, so it could be nice if you would list some specific things and i can test them if they have improved or not.

Yeah I totally agree, I just received my german copy (lol) and I am quite disappointed.

The environment and sound system are pretty much the only difference. To me it's just a Campaign Expansion Pack (what resistance is to OFP1)

This is sad what you wrote above. Flying tanks? Powerful M240? Geeeezzz I thought that they fixed it?

I hope it's not an "Chernarussian Mod" only...

Yes i agree to Raphier of course... Its really only something like resistance was for OPF1, in my opinion too.

I'm not saying that i couldn't be fun, in fact the campaign is fun, or driving around chernarus and explore it is fun and the coop campaign is much fun..... but the "core" itself is the same.

Seriously today i would give it 5/10 points... yesterday i gave it 6/10 points, but the deeper i dig........

Anyway, you have anything specific i could check, some improvements you guys were hoping for?

Having a change of opinions from one day to another again?

Do you also play the game or just hunt for things you dislike?

Sorry to sound so rude but i already read enough boooo / hooooray posts already.

I wonder what people do all day with their game, firing machineguns at a M1 till it explodes?

Wonder what the Ai would do with you if you try that on a enemy M1.

I know A2 has a good share of bugs but digging up all these lil issues again is pointless, maybe uninstall the game before your scale reaches 1/10 which may be tomorrow at this rate.

You don't need to defend Arma2 here, its simply like i said it....

And yes after playing the campaign, the coop campaign, MP CTI + DM and several scenarios, of course i dig deeper!

Nothing is there to prevent me from that and nothing prevents me from sharing my findings. While for you the campaign and island atmosphere is enough, for me and others it is clearly not enough!

If you have enough from such posts, simply ignore them or go in the specific profile and put the user in your ignore list - its simple!

But i'm not responsible to fulfill you dreams of what you like or not like to hear, seriously!

Well they did say the game was unfinished when it was released... what else did you expect? hopefully they will release some patches soon to fix it up and make the game better..

Then I am glad not to pre-order it and surtenly not buying it at all this year.

Now I can be surten not to buy a whole new system to only play this....I`ll go play other games with this 'old' machine and buy a new one next year or end 2009

With a decend DEMO I could had made up my own opinion.

thnx for that mr. g c ....this will safe me alot of cash.

Well they did say the game was unfinished when it was released... what else did you expect? hopefully they will release some patches soon to fix it up and make the game better..

AFAIK BI never promise any of that things

and the stuff came on the twitter thing should never taken as 100% correct as they are came from 505 instead of BI

You don't need to defend Arma2 here, its simply like i said it....

And yes after playing the campaign, the coop campaign, MP CTI + DM and several scenarios, of course i dig deeper!

Nothing is there to prevent me from that and nothing prevents me from sharing my findings. While for you the campaign and island atmosphere is enough, for me and others it is clearly not enough!

If you have enough from such posts, simply ignore them or go in the specific profile and put the user in your ignore list - its simple!

But i'm not responsible to fulfill you dreams of what you like or not like to hear, seriously!

As you said what the game offers isnt enough for you so why play it, dont see what sense it makes to play a game that you dont like simple as that, thats the main thing i dont understand.

Most of the things you mentioned are true but personally dont affect gameplay that much for me, or im just easier to please which is more likely.

And now i wont spoil anyones fun anymore, at least not for today :)

Shadow, i don't want to fight with you but either i didn't explained it properly or you misunderstood me...

"Not Enough" is meant that i buy BIS games to have my ultimate Sandbox to play in, while people like you buy it to have a good Singleplayer campaign.

While the given non-improvements over Arma1 might be enough to fulfill a really great SP Campaign experience, i as a "Ultimate Sandbox Lover" was simply expecting anything to be improved - but i fail to see any improvements currently.

Also i doubt that any of those things getting every improved by a patch, given the fact that there are enough Bugs to mess fix for the future, even though some things are really easy to fix...

Finally we will need Madmatt and other guys again to fix things up and improve a lot of things.

Desperately needed is at least for me a soundmod (the quality and mixing quality is veeeeeeerrryyy variating - especially the transitions from a rolling to accelerating vehicle are really ugly), and a maddmatts effect mod (you can't even see bullet impacts further away than 200m and so on - settings independent of course).

Not to speak about ACE2 for functional/technical realism as Arma2 has simply none.

Well there will be a new ACE or other mods so that can be solved but apart from that A2 offers a ton of things that come with it by default and we should not forget about that.

I understand that opinions may differ a lot here and maybe im really a bit too easy to please but moments like when you discover details like theres even command vehicles, how the F35s engines rotate when you switch to VTOL or when shoot down a SU25 with the F35s main gun and it goes down a few meters next to you ina huge firestreak then i feel very very please.

Just had many many ooooh moments so far which may have blurred my view on other things a bit.

So far i dont know other games that have all these details and if they have a few of these they lack in many other areas.

But as said the needs of realism fans will surely be furfilled by the ACE or another team soon especially as many addons are very easy to port to A2 already.

Edited by Shadow NX

Just finished Buying -> Downloading -> Installing -> Running ArmA 2, cruised around and played for a bit. I'll get some benchmarks on how its running my PC:

Core 2 Duo : E6750 @ 3.2ghz

Corsair XMS2 3.4GB Total (32bit w/ 4GB) PC6400

9800GTX 512mb

With the following settings: All Very high / 1920x1080

All very high / 1280x1024

All Medium / 1920x1080

All Medium / 1280x1024

All Low / 1920x1080

All Low / 1280x1024

Including Max, Min and Avg FPS for all settings. Hope that should help some what to expect.

edit:

On a positive note, the game bloody rocks. Well done to BIS and it was like an early Christmas with the surprise release (I forgot about the German release dates); atleast this time I won't have to create my suppressive fire scripts either, and I can just focus on fixing up other things.

Edited by Rommel

shadow NX , how do the weapons sound? Good, Bad, Could be better? From what I see in vids and such they sound great, but I wanted to ask somone who has actually played.

G-C, if you dislike ARMA 2 so much I'll be very happy to provide an address where you can mail it to.

So im loving the game and would love to post some screenies but for the life of me I cant figure out what key takes screen shots and where are they stored? I tried prntscreen of course

So im loving the game and would love to post some screenies but for the life of me I cant figure out what key takes screen shots and where are they stored? I tried prntscreen of course

Get Fraps ;)

shadow NX , how do the weapons sound? Good, Bad, Could be better? From what I see in vids and such they sound great, but I wanted to ask somone who has actually played.

To me everything sounded quite good and realistic but im no expert, however it pleased my ears ^^

Especially when two F35s ( like in some trainings ) pass you it makes a great sound effect or when you are directly behind a Jet with the camera then the engine really is loud.

Sometimes my radio sounds are a bit off and have a weird echo and distortion but that was the only prob i encountered there so far.