Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Morphicon (petergames.de) ArmA 2 Download Released

Download versions aren't good. You'll have to activate your game after installing and sometimes it doesnt allow you to activate when you exceed the activation limits, then you'll have to contact them and so on. I'd say just wait the DVD versions.

The Metaboli download worked fine for me. I've bought the majority of my games from download services like Steam, Direct2Drive, and Sprocket. I have never had any problems what so ever. It's the future, better get used to it. In the years to come it will be the only way to get games.

I wonder where's the final 1.01 patch. Maruk said early next week. Now it's mid week already. I just desperately wait for patches that might give a performance boost. I quitted playing the campaign because it turned to be a complete slide show. And if i put everything on low it looks so ugly that i'm not touching it. Almost old OFP can look better at times.

I can run Arma very high/high settings with acceptable fps (20-40) but this games performance is nowhere near that even though this doesn't look "that" good. It should run better i think.

Update:

Just tried training mission again with normal detail levels and it performed very well 20-50 fps. There are AI soldiers & vehicles there too. Why it runs so much better than the campaign. Even on quick missions i got better performance than in campaign missions. Why is that ?

Edited by Potatomasher

The Metaboli download worked fine for me. I've bought the majority of my games from download services like Steam, Direct2Drive, and Sprocket. I have never had any problems what so ever. It's the future, better get used to it. In the years to come it will be the only way to get games.

That's a long, long time from now. Parents buying games as gifts for their kids probably don't want to have to deal with activation keys or DRMs. They want the box.

Have to say I would prefer one now as well. I ordered a physical copy of the original ArmA from Morphicon (or some affiliated retailer), and it took awhile, plus some extra shipping fees, but I actually GOT it and didn't have to worry about a download manager corrupting my PBOs. I personally use digital download services for music (DirectSong) and games (Steam), but those are in a much higher category of quality than websites like Metaboli that basically just hack up the files the way people do on rapidshare, slap together an extractor and then mail you an activation key (which I guess is what you're paying for).

The answer I got from tech support was basically just "try again." So here I go, downloading the whole damn game AGAIN. Spent about 20 gigs of bandwidth on this. On the bright side, I guess $3 a gigabyte is better than 10 (not).

TO WHOEVER ELSE IS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH METABOLI DOWNLOADS:

I noticed that the corrupt file errors seemed to happen when I tried combining the installer with bin files that had been downloaded at different times. When I put the original downloads back together, the installer at least ran. By ignoring the gazillion corrupt PBOs, I got about 2 gigs of stuff extracted. Nearly all of the large PBOs (400 megs plus, so pretty much the entire game) are missing. It's possible that it was all because of the download manager (the one they recommended, though they now suggest I use "two or three" different ones) but I'm not sure.

Giving this thing one more chance.

This game is a cpu hog, your cpu is low end for this game, sad but true.

Btw, downloaded 1st time 0 issues, except i did not use their d/l manager, i use steam for many AAA title releases, i love the fact i can log into any pc with my steam account & play any of my games anywhere i am.

Most people post in these threads because they're pissed that they have issues, the happy people rarely post.

I'm happy :)

Edited by Razorman

Both morphicon and petergames have the 3 activation limit but morphicon offered way faster service/communication so i chose them.

the activation limit is bullshit.

I bought arma2 cause i want the game and cause i support BIS. if it wasn't a BIS game i would not have bought it that's for sure.

I appeal to BIS and Morphicon and Petergames to scrap the damn activation limit of 3. really. i mean i pay money for a game and have to put up with this restrictive shit.

the big problem is i plan to enjoy arma2 for years to come - and 3 activations won't be enough (hell i'm going to add another video card and probably upgrade to win7 - bam 2 activations gone just like that and that's just by October!)

come on!

however, i had no problems installing the file and downloaded it from morphicon as fast as my internet connection allowed so that's good for people considering this option. i really would recommend it if not for the one bugbear i have mentioned above.

i bought arma online when it first came out, backed up the files to a DVD and a protbale harddrive and still have them no problem.

Well here's the update to my situation,

I finally got in touch with a real person at metaboli through e-mail, they apologized for the corrupted links and sent me new links and guess what?

same problems different corrupted pbo's

And this time the installer quit's after a crc error, so it's not like my last time where the game fired up but was missing important things.

I have tried

Downloading each individual file directly

Dl'ing each individual file with the manager

dl'ing them all at once with the manager

All of these ended up with corrupt pbo's and installations

And I know these problems are not on my end at all. I just reformatted my drive reinstalled winxp32pro updated all my drivers etc.. two weeks back. My comp's running lean and mean.

So now I'm off to send another simply worded polite german email to metaboli to request yet another fresh set of links with the diminishing hope that this time it will work.

I have now been dl'ing and redownloading for 3 days straight trying to get this to work.

It's starting to become my white whale.

Well here's the update to my situation,

I finally got in touch with a real person at metaboli through e-mail, they apologized for the corrupted links and sent me new links and guess what?

same problems different corrupted pbo's

And this time the installer quit's after a crc error, so it's not like my last time where the game fired up but was missing important things.

I have tried

Downloading each individual file directly

Dl'ing each individual file with the manager

dl'ing them all at once with the manager

All of these ended up with corrupt pbo's and installations

And I know these problems are not on my end at all. I just reformatted my drive reinstalled winxp32pro updated all my drivers etc.. two weeks back. My comp's running lean and mean.

Blood I was just wondering whether you have run a memory checker like memtest86+ on your machine.

I had problems like this a few weeks ago with Steam. Turned out to be a bad stick of ram. It was fine on small downloads, but anything over 2 GB and would get corruption.

Generally speaking the error correction on FTP downloads is pretty good. Its very rare to get corruption from your connection.

When it comes to error correction on (non server) PC ram, its non existent.

I particularly ask this because you say you formatted a couple of weeks ago. This sounds like you had problems, then fixed them. Bad ram can cause corruption in XP as well. Possibly this could explain your need to format XP?

Just something you might want to check before further frustration sets in.

Heres the link to memtest86+ http://memtest.org/

Cheers

Edited by householddog

Hi Householddog,

I didn't have any problems before I reformatted, I just do that a few times a year to keep my system running smooth.

And yes actually I just ran memtest 2 days ago and everything checked out fine.

I really appreciate your help though!

Hi Householddog,

I didn't have any problems before I reformatted, I just do that a few times a year to keep my system running smooth.

And yes actually I just ran memtest 2 days ago and everything checked out fine.

I really appreciate your help though!

Roflmao, only nubs reformat, anyone who knows jack about pc's knows reformatting is the LAST thing you should do.

Well maintained rigs won't need formatting for years.

Nubs reformat because they don't know how to maintain a rig, no wonder you're having issues.

Unlucky.

Good news, I got it working!

I had to download from metaboli 7 times but I finally got an uncorrupted install.

And I gotta tell ya after all that hassle, the waiting and the worry, It was totally worth it!

The game runs great and I am completly blown away at the awsomeness that is Arma2.

@ razor, don't be a jerk it will get you nowhere in life.

i am still not sure, shall i buy from the german site and play with english mod? or shall i wait, who knows how long for a release in the netherlands? or a demo, i cant wait :( i keep reading stuff here, and it gets harder

maybe its best to get it from steam, i allready have many games there. yeah... il go for steam.. 3 weeks 4 days. hmm

Edited by Sgt Gul

Erm, I bought Arma 2 from petergames.de, and now when I have installed it and everything, it asks for the dvd which I don't have since I downloaded it. I really don't know what to do except play with a cracked .exe, can I solve this without using a cracked .exe or anything else piratey(:p).

i bought the german version from petergames.de around 2 or 3 US central time today and i havent got an email for anything, any ideas?

Edited by pmc foxhound

Roflmao, only nubs reformat, anyone who knows jack about pc's knows reformatting is the LAST thing you should do.

Well maintained rigs won't need formatting for years.

Nubs reformat because they don't know how to maintain a rig, no wonder you're having issues.

Unlucky.

Razorman

You may feel that it is ok to belittle someone who you feel is not "in the know" but it is frowned upon here.

If you are going to offer advice or guidance do it in a manner becoming of a gentleman.

i bought the german version from petergames.de around 2 or 3 US central time today and i havent got an email for anything, any ideas?

Same problem with me too. I actually purchased two, and did not get an email from either. I came here to search to see if there is an answer...:confused:

Razorman

You may feel that it is ok to belittle someone who you feel is not "in the know" but it is frowned upon here.

If you are going to offer advice or guidance do it in a manner becoming of a gentleman.

I'm sorry, i was a little wasted when posting that bs, it's just that i see so much bad advice on many forums, frustration sets in.

Try emailing their customer service asking for a cd-key. When I bought it from gamesplanet.com it said I would have to wait 8 hours for the cd-key.

I sent them an angry email demanding that they give me the cd-key immediately. I was playing 20 minutes later ;)

i sent them an email yesterday and recieved nothing and sent them a furious email just now demanding i receive it now and even translated it into german so that they have no excuse for foreign ignorance. until then i am going to be playin good ol' fallout 3 on xbox

Yep, I sent two emails (translated to German) and got no response. At this point PeterGames.de does not deserve my money, so I have filed a dispute on Paypal to get my money back.

I think I will wait for the Steam version, at least there I know I wont get jacked.

im going to wait until monday to file a dispute because there is a possibility that they do not work on weekends like metaboli so if i dont have it on monday night im waitin for the 505 release on june 19th.

I think that is very possible (not working on weekends) and something they should advertise on their site so someone like me can make a proper decision to purchase or not. I do hope it works out, but Im not fond of making a purchase then waiting 3+ days to be able to get my product. I'd rather wait a few weeks and get it from a more reliable and professional source

It is eating me up inside though, I cant wait to get my hands on ARMA2.

I am reinstalling arma and I have corruption problem with pbo files, something about crc check (actually with building2.pbo)

this is the exact same files I ve used for the first installation so what's wrong here ?

now I have to redownload the whole game...