Sign in to follow this  

ArmA 2 German Release Thread

and here is what Bert said about his night streaming with Xfire http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-assault-armed-assault-2-discussion/139761-guess-what-4.html#post1279898

Thanks, guys.

My system specs are C2D E4500 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, ATI 4850 512MB RAM on Windows XP. And for the record: When not streaming with XFire, I could run the game on "Normal"-"High"/"Very High" settings without a problem. The XFire stream was done in default "Low" as a try to avoid the crashes which were unrelated to that though.

Nice details for low settings. :)

Edited by BoboCZ

the campaign is what i'm most interested in. unfortunately, nobody seems to be playing it. the only thing i've heard about it so far is that from the mission Manhatten onwards, it's apparently unplayable.

somebody please play the campaign. :(

Or players are playing it, and thus being so absorbed that they don't have time for silly posting.

Or players are playing it, and thus being so absorbed that they don't have time for silly posting.

yet they are posting everything else, as ohara has pointed out... :o

Tomorow I will post screens and other tasty things.

If the UI is in English in the Pics will I get in trouble?

Tomorow I will post screens and other tasty things.

If the UI is in English in the Pics will I get in trouble?

why should you? give us the mod and become famous! :)

its only happen when you put it directly in editor into water, it has frozen simulation until will start to interact with something , very minor bug. Strange that nobody play game, everobody just try to make some stupid things like play with cows or insert vehicles into water in editor.

What ? Playing with ArmA2 cows became one of my obsession since FarmaII advertising :drinking:

I´m very very pleased that you post on the forums and i´m sure alot of other fans think the same! I get my copy tonight or tomorrow and then i´m going to post some real good looking ArmA2 pictures! (hopefully) :)

Ohara and other BI staff are nicely posting here quite often and since OFP. With little effort you may have noticed it before screaming "my god what is this company that doesn't implement debugging tools before the official release of the game". A little humility doesn't harm.

2 german owners: any record with fraps?

its only happen when you put it directly in editor into water, it has frozen simulation until will start to interact with something , very minor bug. Strange that nobody play game, everobody just try to make some stupid things like play with cows or insert vehicles into water in editor.

Wonderful said :D I would say that is one of the many spirits of the ArmA saga - doing whatever you want to do. Even if it means playing with cows :D:D You wouldn't believe what I did with the field toilette!

Wow! looks fantastic for low settings, not sure what that video card is equivalent to nVidia but his rig doesnt seem to far off mine. 64 x2 Dual core 6000+ 3.01 ghz, 2 gig ram and 1000mb 8800gtx. Think im gonna grab some more ram to start with, and maybe, if i can convince the wife, a gtx 280.

What ? Playing with ArmA2 cows became one of my obsession since FarmaII advertising :drinking:

Ohara and other BI staff are nicely posting here quite often and since OFP. With little effort you may have noticed it before screaming "my god what is this company that doesn't implement debugging tools before the official release of the game". A little humility doesn't harm.

this is my second account, so dont judge by my join date...

and you can clearly see that the devs dont post very often, check his counter. and still, a serious company needs a bug tracker, what do they lose? so your critism against my proposal is what?

RAINF, take the GTX 275 ;) It's fairly enough for ArmA II. Trust me.

8800 GTX is ok too, but well ... not for everybody I guess ... like me :D (upgraded from 8800 GTX to GTX 275 recently).

Playable cows!!! Can't wait!

this is my second account, so dont judge by my join date...

and you can clearly see that the devs dont post very often, check his counter. and still, a serious company needs a bug tracker, what do they lose? so your critism against my proposal is what?

We can't judge you by your join date or post count, yet we can judge others?

You want them to post or to make games?

Playable cows!!! Can't wait!

We can't judge you by your join date or post count, yet we can judge others?

You want them to post or to make games?

Totally true :D

Holding breath until this happens.

I can't wait to hear how the vesion is guys.

Good Luck and have fun, let us know what's up.

So glad it's getting close.

Cheers.

Wow! looks fantastic for low settings, not sure what that video card is equivalent to nVidia but his rig doesnt seem to far off mine. 64 x2 Dual core 6000+ 3.01 ghz, 2 gig ram and 1000mb 8800gtx. Think im gonna grab some more ram to start with, and maybe, if i can convince the wife, a gtx 280.

I used to have a 8800gtx and i bought a gtx285. There was a little improvement but I really really suggest waiting for the 300s cause the little improvements to me wasnt worth it. I think i got about 5fps to 10fps more in ArmA between the two cards.

I can't name my source but if you don't beleive me that's fine, there will be a patch on release day (or 1 day before) to bring all versions into line, steam release is not till 1st week of July.

Btw, what's so bad about those sequence of events anyway?

again where is Placebo when we need him:D

I used to have a 8800gtx and i bought a gtx285. There was a little improvement but I really really suggest waiting for the 300s cause the little improvements to me wasnt worth it. I think i got about 5fps to 10fps more in ArmA between the two cards.

in ArmA1? i think you ll get much more in ArmA2.

in ArmA1? i think you ll get much more in ArmA2.

Agreed

Although its debatable whether an upgrade was worth it because of price you should see much better performance between the two cards in more modern games

You probably didn't see any improvement because ArmA doesn't support a lot of things.

I got it! Installing right now. :D

GameStop apparently refuse to sell games before release day unless they have proof that another store is selling it too. I wasted 20 minutes of my life trying to get the guy to sell it to me before I just cancelled my order and went on to Saturn - where the game was just sitting there waiting for me. :)

Expect some screenies and info later in the day. Btw. the CD Keys are shite. "Z"s look like "2"s. Just a warning for anyone having a heart attack because the key won't work.

I waiting for some awesoma interesting gamefootage ... !!! start recording in FRAPS, play ArmA2 and show us

I waiting for some awesoma interesting gamefootage ... !!! start recording in FRAPS, play ArmA2 and show us

I guess I could make short videos of certain things and upload them to YouTube. 10-20 second clips of stuff like destroying a HMMWV with a machine gun, or having fun with cows. :)

Any other ideas?

I would not mind having a peak at the c-130 if possible. i'd like to know if the ramp is animated and if you can walk around inside the cargohold.

Same for the Osprey

could you try a chopper, please? this could interesting to know if this is easier to fly in arma2 than in arma1