Sign in to follow this  

Getting ready for Arma 2 - Operation Arrowhead!

4-info_news.png

Arma 2 will be released in a few days in Germany, Austria and Switzerland and in just a few weeks in the rest of Europe.

This means we will expand the website to be able to cover 2 games, Armed Assault and Arma 2.

In the background we have been working on a full site upgrade which will give us as the website staff as well as the users a lot of new possibilities for both security and usability. Our new CMS will be like Arma, the possibilities will be endless!

We would like to hear from our users what they would like to see added and/or changed on our website.

At the moment we can not give you a full list with planned improvements and changes as we have no idea if all will make it into the first release.

However, we ask you to submit all your suggestions and feedback in our Site Feedback and suggestions topic.

Some planned changes:

• Subforums (will be usefull covering different games)
  • Completely new Textboxer (where you type the text before posting it)
  • Tag clouds
  • New pagination
  • New rating system
  • New RSS feeds
  • Implementation of AJAX in certain parts of the website
  • Editable comments (for users as well as mods)
  • Improved search engine
  • Increased speed and security
  • Lots and lots more

Please do keep in mind although we work hard to get things ready we can not promise it will all be finsihed before the 505 Arma 2 release.

The website as it is now will be able to support both games without a problem as well so overlapping time will be no problem!

Leave your feedback: Site Feedback and suggestions topic

Edited by Guest

Hmmm, well............its obvious we did not get things done before ArmA 2 was released, however, we do now have things almost ready. Even well before ArmA 2 OA I can say :yay::yay:

So, I have already contacted some people asking them if they would like to preview our new website however I think more people would be welcome so here goes........

Who wants to preview the new Armaholic website, browse through it and leave us feedback about it. We are looking for people who want to tell us what they think of it, and if they think things can be done better.

I am pretty confident we already did a very nice job with it but "more better" is even better :D

When previewing it you will also have to understand not 100% of the website is working like it should. This is cause we are moving to a new CMS for which I need to make a lot of DB changes, some of those DB changes take hours and so for a test site its a waist of time to apply those, however we did our best to always make sure its at least clear how the new part will look! So only apply when you accept that.

Please note only people active within this community for some time can apply (shall we say at least 6 months), and you need to have an account on armaholic (for proper acces rights).

I do reserve the right to deny your offer to test of course, but thats nothing personal :)

When interested please sent me a PM!

@already informed testers, expect a PM this week for acces details probably saturday, maybe sooner. So make sure to check Armaholic.com.

All new people will be informed next week I expect.

@already informed testers, expect a PM this week for acces details probably saturday, maybe sooner. So make sure to check Armaholic.com.

All new people will be informed next week I expect.

I could swear I heard that already before... :rofl:

Nah, you must have been dreaming........maybe a wet dream? :dancered:

All I need to do tonight/tomorrow is create acces levels for all of you. ;)

4-info_news.png

This weekend we are going to close the Armaholic website!

No, do't worry.......we wont close forever.....

We are happy to announce we are going to move to the new website we have been working on for many, many months in the past 2 years.

This new website will make us ready for the release of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

Friday evening we will close the website and it will not be opened again until the complete move is done.

At the moment the goal is to open the website again on Sunday but it might be sooner, all depending if "yours truly" does not screw things around!

During this time you will not be able to acces the site. As soon as everything is ready and working correctly the site will be opened and the community will be able to see what the Armaholic staff has been busy with in the background for all this time.

At this point I would like to thank everyone in general who helped us in any way with getting the new website done, you know who you are and we are proud to have such excellent community members sticking around here! The full credits list will be revealed when we open the new website for the public.

Sorry for the inconvinience during the offline time, but I believe I am allowed to say the wait will be well worth it. Thanks for your understanding.

The Armaholic staff!

Edited by Guest