Sign in to follow this  
LordJarhead

New Sound Mod

Hello everybody,

i come from germany, so, sry for my bad english..

I have worked on a sound mod some month ago, then i found out how great ACE mod is. So i made a rework of my sound mod to use it in ACE-Mod. The problem: I have no idea how to make a config file and so i used a config from a other sound mod for ACE... thats why i dont wont to upload my mod, even i know, how to make an own config...

So, here is a short video shows u "some" of the new sounds in the game, and some sound (only the env-sounds of the vehicles) are from the other sound mod i have to used.

Please, tell me what i can do better, what is perfect and whats not. (hope i get no trouble put a youtube link in here????)

Thx for any comments and criticism... and sry for my english, its terrible to hear in your ears i think..:)

gruß

Jarhead

Always good to have more people willing to jump into sound modification. Gives the community more choices, plus the thrill to always experience something new is always fun. :)

I think what I've seen so far as promise. I'm sure some of the sound guys around here could give way better advice than I ever could (and hope they will offer some ;) ). I really, really liked the G36's. :D

Welcome to the real of sound modification! Hope to see...er um....HEAR some more of your work in the future.

Regards,

John

(btw....nothing wrong with your English, mate. You've written better than a few native English-speakers on the internet I've met, lol.

I kind of like these sounds. Some lighter armoured vehicles sounded a bit too light though. And the question must be asked, how large will the Arma community be in two months time? If you want to go ahead with it thats your choice but you may be putting a lot of work and time into something that won't see much use as almost everyone will be on Arma2. Just a thought...

Hi everybody...

tnx for your answers.

Ya, ive thought about it, maybe i preparing my mod for arma2. i dont think, they change something in their file management. there will be pbo`s and the wss files, i think. but i hope they change it, because this wss files got a realy low quality... with wav or ogg or files like this i can make better quality, in stereo and maybe it gives us the chance to make 1p and 3p sounds, like battlefield or something like this... if u understand what i mean.. (meen???) .... sry....

Gruß

Jarhead

LordJarhead

Ya, ive thought about it, maybe i preparing my mod for arma2. i dont think, they change something in their file management. there will be pbo`s and the wss files, i think. but i hope they change it, because this wss files got a realy low quality... with wav or ogg or files like this i can make better quality, in stereo and maybe it gives us the chance to make 1p and 3p sounds, like battlefield or something like this..

Hey mate, I checked out the video you got some nice sounds. I just I'd explain alittle about wss files and how arma handles stuff.

WSS. Files are basically WAV. files, with a name change thats the easiest way of explaining it. They do not decrease the quality of whatever you converted from (OGG, WAV etc.) They are exactly the same in bit rate & sample resolution as your orginal sample. So, to say WSS is low quality is wrong. However, Arma doesn't respond well to samples that are too loud, or clip because of too much gain.

As a rule, I always use WAV format, as this is uncompressed and a true reflection of the sound you edit. MP3 & OGG are both great formats, however they both add compression after saving the file thus changing the sound.

Arma creates a stereo field from all the mono sounds played ingame. This system works very well and hopefully Arma 2 will incorporate both Mono & Stereo sounds for the ultimate ingame sound. So, maybe working on your sounds in the highest resolution in stereo and keeping a library ready for Arma 2 is a good idea ;)

As regards to the ACE mod sounds you'd like to replace..Maybe get intouch with them and request assistence ? They maybe busy but if you don't ask you don't get...Or request assistance here you on your thread. There are some very helpful people around here :) . I'd offer to help myself, but I'm currently struggling with our own ACE sound module :( .

Anyways, Good luck and keep working the sounds..plenty O people still playing OFP btw....;)

Thx man.

great feedback feels good!

ya, I will at first continue to work on my mod, and then we'll see what arma 2 will brings! I will take a look on it, and perhaps it is so easy as in arma1 to change the sound effects. I've finally found out how I can work with the config, now I have made my own one and I can fully concentrate on the sound. i'm currently in the process of the ambient noise and the noise of the soldiers' movement. the weapons, I have so much changed, so now you can hear, as the carriage moves on the weapons or the ammunition of an M249 chain moves and such things... i will bring a new video...

Finally, I heard what you said, now I use only wav files for my mod. This saves me the work with the whole converting and so on. But i think i will get problems with this way... i will see...

Gruß

Jarhead

Ahhh yes, you would still need to convert them from WAV to WSS. I have handy little thing for that called OFP sound lab. Maybe you use it ?

Anyways, keep up the good work, sounds interesting what you have instore for us :)

Regards

Mark XIII

hi,

for my editing i use Acoustica 4.1. this is my fav in editing. and to convert i use WSSFileConverter. if i have to confert! The weapons and all other sounds can be used in wav in the game, i dont have to convert but with the movement i get in trouble... there i will convert back into wss.... today i will finish some weapons and edit something at the vehicle sounds and the enviremonts...

than i have to edit:

All the impackts

all the Movement

some Vehicles

reloads

and a hole work and writing stuff into my config... this take the most work/time....

and by the way, did anybody have an idea were i can get sounds and effectstuff?? dont wont to atke sounds from other games our so...

gruß

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Hi everybody...

So, my Mod called War09 Mod! Not very intelligent....

So take a look and comment it, and help me to make it better and better...

its an early Preview... an alpha or so... so its only a test version....

Gruß

Jarhead