Sign in to follow this  
nikodemus

Question regarding Mission Editor

Moving to the all new editing forum :)

Vanilla ArmA didn't have any "sophisticated" easy to use logics. Modders could make quite complicated logics which mission designer then just inserts on map, to get benefit from them. I'd believe BIS now is going to give us pre-coded logics to Vanilla ArmA2... Ain't this thing confirmed already?

The question is: How complicated will there logics be what BIS is going to implement into ArmA2. Do we have just bunch of civilians walking/standing around while emptily looking into horizon... Or do they even be able to replicate common daily activities, like eating, working, boozing&shagging, sleeping, maybe even defending them selves.

Haven't Bis already told us that the civilian Logic makes the civilians walk around and do some work and drive around?

Anyways Im intrested in the possibilities that could arise if a config genious puts their hands on the civilian logic and makes a new logic called zombie logic and replaces ciivlians all over island with zombies :D

Resident evil, day of the dead ect. here we come! :yay:

@KKB Go check the good old intel box to the top right I think, click there and draw the wheater slider to sunny instead of middle or rainy, cloudy :)

Some of the modules need to be synchronized to a unit (its group), like the Ambient Combat Manager. You do this by synchronizing F5 between the module and the unit. Some other modules are stand-alone and require only to be placed in the mission, like the Functions Manager.

We hope to provide more detailed info later :)

Moving to the all new editing forum :)

Thanks! :)

Some of the modules need to be synchronized to a unit (its group), like the Ambient Combat Manager. You do this by synchronizing F5 between the module and the unit. Some other modules are stand-alone and require only to be placed in the mission, like the Functions Manager.

We hope to provide more detailed info later :)

I see! Thanks so far, more infos will be apreciated, allthough I reckon that documentation is not that high on the BIS todo-list at the moment ;)

@KKB Go check the good old intel box to the top right I think, click there and draw the wheater slider to sunny instead of middle or rainy, cloudy

That works of course, but even if I move it to the extreme sunny side I still get a greyish sky. That might have to do with my slightly outdated gfx card though, will buy a new one anyway.

BTW, the included Logic Modules are:

Alternative Injury Simulation

Ambient-Combat Manager

Artillery

Artillery - virtual

UAV

First Aid: Action

Functions

Construction Menu

Act of War (not sure if thats right, it's Kriegshandlung in the German Version, but some translations seem fishy)

Garbagecollector

Military Symbols

High Command - Commander

High Command - subordinate

Preload Manager

Secondary Operations

Strategic relation layer (? Strategische Bezugsschicht, not sure what thats supposed to mean, so my translation might be off)

Surrendering

Animal Module

Carrying injured to safety

Weather

Civilian vehicles

Civilians

Zone restriction

Thats quite a lot to figure out :)

Well i figured out high command, somewhat.

You put in the two HK logics and synchronize the leader one to yourself, not sure you need to sync the subordinate one.

Once in game you click ctrl + space and bobs yer uncle

So now im trying to figure out artillery - anyone have any luck with that yet?

Hi there all

@Maddmatt

Many thanks for the link to the artillery wiki page mate, i found it very useful however i get a bit lost when it talks about setting up the fire mission. I would be most grateful if you could explain to me, where the syntax goes and how to set it up so that me as the player can call in arty on whatever target i choose.

Sorry to bother you on this, but any help would be appreciated on this as well as learning on how to set the other modules up.

Many many thanks in advance.

@warpuppy: What syntax are you referring to, specifically?

I'd try out the Secop Manager piece, because that's the easiest. However, you could also use a radio trigger to just tell the Artillery to fire at something (in which case, you'd put that syntax inside the activation field of a radio trigger).

Anyone found any drivable trains yet? The ones I've found are only static non-playable objects.

Anyone found any drivable trains yet? The ones I've found are only static non-playable objects.

There are no driveable trains in game. Moving train on the NAPA video was moving object by script.

Hi,

I have a simple Question, in which Crate are the Binoculars and the Laser Marker? I tried all USMC Crates and both of them are not in there, so where are they? :>

@Armored Sheep

Maybe idea could be for the future for a train logic?

Could activate civilian trains that drive around the tracks, players and A.i could get into cargo seats, areas of trains when train stops at stations. :)

Could make for spy mission and rpg stuff ;)

@KKB: Your list made me wet my pants.

Anyone test the weather logic yet? I'm guessing it provides proper multiplayer synching of weather effects, but I'm also hoping it can do other stuff.

Also, the 'military symbols' one, does that one deal only with regular markers, or the vbs strategic marker thingy?

Edited by CarlGustaffa