Sign in to follow this  
Spike 21

A.C.E. mod

My friends and I play this mod a lot,but there is two annoying things about it,when you run for 30 feet and your tired is getting old you have to run a lot in this game,and repawn when wounded laying there for ever.

Perhaps you should check out how much gear you are carrying. When running you are doing aproximately 8mph. take into account that you have body armour (what - 25kg?) on top of the gear you have. A simple test would be to carry the same weight and see how long you can sustain 8mph for.

As for laying there forever try not getting shot and if you do get shot, make sure you have other players with you that will come to your aid.

Arma is not a run and gun game. If you play it tactically you may find your problems reduce significantly.

No Offense mate buts thats realism for you If you sprint with half the kitchen on your back your gonna find your self face down in the dirt. try carrying less gear and Walk dont run If your not getting shot at whats the rush.

Thats what Ace mod is all about. I dont play it except when I must, I dislike the mod coz of those an other 'features'. Afaik you might be able to turn some of the features off when you make a mission, but I havent looked into it.

Fair point but Arma was never designed to be a run and gun game.

if your after that maybe Call of duty or battelfield is more your cup of tea.

Realism is one thing but I can run much farther then the way they have it in this mod.....I run 100ft and then I'm wasted,bologna...Just take it out ,the default was much better than this way.

Edited by Spike 21

Throw on about 20KG of gear, + body armor & helmet. And go for a run, see how long you last. ACE is about realism, don't like it then just walk or hell, maybe hitch a ride in a vehicle.

_Dan;1288547']Fair point but Arma was never designed to be a run and gun game.

if your after that maybe Call of duty or battelfield is more your cup of tea.

I hate both of those games' date=' its got nothing to do with run and gun, theres a balance of realism and playability. For example, AI arnt effected by the blacking out the same way, so they pass out, wake up and cap you in the head. There are other example of playability reasons which I aint going into, to put it short, this is still a game, more realistic and far more fun than any other, but its still a game and as such there are some 'real' features that just dont fit. If you want realism to that extent, join the army.

Throw on about 20KG of gear, + body armor & helmet. And go for a run, see how long you last. ACE is about realism, don't like it then just walk or hell, maybe hitch a ride in a vehicle.

I've got lung problems and yet I can run around the block (with a backpack on with laptop and books) without collapsing on the ground having an asthma attack, and yet these are meant to be trained troops that do 50 pushups etc etc. ArmA got it right by slowing you down after a few seconds, thats what you naturally do and unless you are astmatic (in which case I dont see you getting into the army easily) you wont fall down on the ground and pass out having a fit.

Edited by RicoADF

Exactly, you have to take into account why you're actually playing the game.

I think the best method would be to have the "blacking out" tweakable in mission, or if that's too complex just have an option to disable it via game logic.

Few people will argue that the ACE portrayal isn't accurate, but many question it's value in a game. For my own personal style of what I want from ArmA, I do want a weight system as such. I don't want people to be able to carry as much kit as they want and still expect to sprint. But I find the current level in ACE frustrating all the same.

And i'd say for most, frustration doesn't equal good gameplay.

I've got lung problems and yet I can run around the block (with a backpack on with laptop and books) without collapsing on the ground having an asthma attack, and yet these are meant to be trained troops that do 50 pushups etc etc.

Again, true. There should be something in place to punish you for carrying excess weight, and having to regain your breath before you can aim straight is great. Because it doesn't actually put you out of the game, sitting there starting at your blank screen because you had to sprint away from an enemy helicopter. So slowing and wobbly aim is good. One shot kills are good. A complex Hellfire system is good. Collapsing from blood loss is good. But I can't say I feel the same for the "blacking out" issue.

Edited by Daniel

To all of you complaining about ACE stamina system:

I have never had a problem with being tierd and passing out. you guys need to adjust yourselves. the only time i have passed out when I was A) testing out how that system worked and B) when i was being chased by an enemy BRDM and forgot to ditch a parachute pack. so obviously you guys need to adjust they way you play. DONT sprint everywhere. jog, or if you have time, walk. easy as that

I dont look forward to ArmA II multiplayer where people will once more sprint endlessly around the map with an m107 and a Javelin launcher and a couple of extra dumbbells for when they get board

If you want realism to that extent, join the army.

:rolleyes:

Im looking forward to you saying that to someone in a wheelchair. Or who simply have a interest in the army, but have a real life to live.

Its such a ignorant comment to make. And who are you to tell them what they can or cant do with their mod? I turn around, and I almost only positive comments about this mod.

I've got lung problems and yet I can run around the block (with a backpack on with laptop and books) without collapsing on the ground having an asthma attack, and yet these are meant to be trained troops that do 50 pushups etc etc. ArmA got it right by slowing you down after a few seconds, thats what you naturally do and unless you are astmatic (in which case I dont see you getting into the army easily) you wont fall down on the ground and pass out having a fit.

The ACE mod has to work within constraints of the engine, which is why the player can only be punished with "blackouts", and not a reducement of walking speed. The engine simply does not allow for it.

Anyway, the real thread are here, no need to start a new one:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=70689&page=223

Edited by sparks50

These people who complain about stamina system are usually the ones that don't use strategy nor tactics, they grab all they can get in a crate, run toward the goal, die - respawn and repeat.

In ACE mod you *have* to:

- put heavy items and ammo into vehicle with "Gear" option and then drive to RV point, debuss - engage and then return to vehicle for resupply

- use your fellow soldiers who carry ammo for you or certain weapon parts

- call in support (in my team I have at least 2 ppl assigned for support duties) to bring more ammo via chopper/vehicle, this comes handy with heavy items like Javelin/Dragon missiles

- call in medevac when wounded or bring in medics with medical items

- when running out of breath, stop and use G key to check what is so heavy and maybe drop couple of items (in hidding spot) and return for them later in the mission

.... so stop complaining and adapt to the situation :)

Thats fine,take it out,it SUCKS.......

If you cannot be constructive you'll quickly find the forums stop working for you, it's some kind of magic spell. Also the mod has a thread, so you should post only in that thread about it.