Hey all, I've been playing OPF a lot since I got it last year, and I've learned a fair bit when it comes to commands and such in this game. At the moment, I am looking for some kind of command that forces a unit to crouch and stay in that position unless otherwise.

I have looked around and the closest command I can get to forcing the unit to remain in a position is

this SetUnitPos "Up/DOWN/Auto"

However, it isn't what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone knows a command that forces a unit to stay in the Crouched position like the above command does with UP and DOWN.

Thanks in advance.

Just a quick reply,

But there isn't a crouch command like that, I wish, not sure why they didn't add that in for resistance, would of been nice to have a unit only crouch and stand.

But since you can't the way to make a unit crouch is more forceful, you have to use a switchmove / playmove command I think, you have to force them to stay in a crouch animation. Not quite as smooth. But I have seen some scripts like the AI cover script use it dynamically.

What a bummer hey? Wonder why they wouldn't implement such a basic thing...they did it for the other stances, oh well! Thanks for the info man.

What a bummer hey? Wonder why they wouldn't implement such a basic thing...they did it for the other stances, oh well! Thanks for the info man.

This is corrected in ArmA. ArmA was ment to be a progress compared to OFP :rolleyes:

Yeah if you put this in the init line of the unit

this setbehaviour "combat"; this switchmove "combattocrouch"; this setunitpos "up"

They will stay in the combat crouch position.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

Yeah if you put this in the init line of the unit

this setbehaviour "combat"; this switchmove "combattocrouch"; this setunitpos "up""

They will stay in the combat crouch position.

Oh mad, it works! Thanks man, just what I was looking for!