Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

Some manipulations in Vegetation

Yesterday while I was playing a COOP mission I was thinking about something what would fix the All Seeing AI. The main problem is "destroyed" vegetation which lies in the middle of the road and it covers half of it when AI can see throught it (they don't see destroyed vegetation). Is there any way to set "destroyed" vegetation (like a tree which was ran over or a bush which was near an explosion) to fall a few meters under the ground and make it invisible/disappearing for player? I've been looking for some connections with it in ArmA configs but I've not found anything interesting. Waiting for your comments ;)

That's true. If some tanks ran across a large number of trees an area can become unplayable for human players - they simply get wasted by AI without ever seeing what hit them.

I guess the only way would be to model new trees, give them a config which treats them like bushes (dropping flat to the ground) and then place them on a custom island.

I never understood why BIS didn't fix this tbh. Best hopes for ArmA2. *crosses fingers*