Sign in to follow this  
LaMuerteX

You can use the microphone in ArmAII?

Hi,

First of all, congratulations Bohemia for this spectacular simulator that is about to sell, I think everyone should buy this gem, because, this will make the best games.

I have a doubt and wanted to know if it works the option of speaking with microphone in multiplayer mode, with this option and this game is unmatched.

Many thanks for all, and counting the minutes for the launch of this fantastic game!

greetings to all!

Hi LaMuerteX

ArmA 1 includes VOIP

It has several channels tied to in game chat as well:

White Global Channel: speak/chat to everyone on server

Blue Side Channel: speak/chat to everyone on your side

Green Group Channel: speak/chat to everyone in your group

Yellow Vehicle Channel: speak/chat to everyone in your vehicle

Magenta Direct Channel: speak to anyone on in audible range, called direct chat it produces the sound at you avatar, the avatars mouth moves at the same time, it alerts enemy in your vicinity to your position, so use with caution.

Since upadate 1.16 seems to work well.

I am guessing ArmA II will have something similar if not the same

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi LaMuerteX and welcome to the forums. :)

You can use the microphone in ArmAII?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Ooooh, yes! Arma2 will most likely have the positional audio feature that was introduced in ArmA1 for directVoN. That means Arma2 will have the basic VoIP functionality you know from most games, but it will also be possible to talk directly to anyone within a certain radius around you, including the enemy. So if someone is standing behind you and starts talking, you will actually hear him behind you (providing you have surround sound).

Also there is basic lip synching, so if you are having a conversation with someone you see their lips move. :)

Arma1 had great voice over IP:

-Global channel: talk to everyone ingame

-Side channel: talk to your side (Bluefor, Opfor, Civilian)

-Group channel: talk to your squad

-Direct channel: talk to people "near you" (kind of like talking without a radio, limited in distance and direction you are facing)

When you talk, your ingame character "lip-synchs" what you say. This means you can "see" someone speaking, mouth opens and closes to what you say.

Also you can block anyone ingame that might chat too much or too un-usefull to your thinking.

In short: it's great, both for fooling around and communicating.:D

Hi LaMuerteX

I forgot to mention there is also a voice recognition tool you can download and use to control your AI with voice.

It is called Pilfius here is the forum article about it:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=65280

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

Many thanks guys!!!

impressive details if so for Arma2, I'm falling spittle impressed with the realism that is achieved with every detail.

thanks for the speed and welcome :bounce3:

What would be cool... But I'll get told where to go (swear word placed here!) is an inbuilt translator. Somebody says something, in something besides the universal language English, and the before you here that person calling you a "F ing noob!" in German, Russian, French and so on it translates it to English, and vice versa.

Now you can abuse me.

What would be cool... But I'll get told where to go (swear word placed here!) is an inbuilt translator. Somebody says something, in something besides the universal language English, and the before you here that person calling you a "F ing noob!" in German, Russian, French and so on it translates it to English, and vice versa.

Now you can abuse me.

I think we're still very far away from a real-time translator in games. ;)

In a galaxy far far away...darth vader is in translator mode universal in-all-game of the galaxy...

enjoying! xD

For some reason pilfus site is down? I guess the project was closed?

I think we're still very far away from a real-time translator in games. ;)

I think we're far away from a realtime translator anywhere.

Litos,

you're right, Pilfius seems to have stopped his project. You might want to try Voice Activated Command (VAC) instead. It costs 18USD after a 30days trial but they have a working support forum.

The only problem in ArmA was that the VoIP was pretty low. I hope that they are going to lift the volume up in Arma 2.

The only problem in ArmA was that the VoIP was pretty low. I hope that they are going to lift the volume up in Arma 2.

Effects volume down - Radio up to max - windows/stereo volume up to balance. No sounds too low. ;)

The direct channel needed to be raised and was. But many seems to not know that the effects need to be below the radio if one want to use the VOIP succesfully.

Alex

sorry but i have never used voice chat before.. does the arma voice chat require some program like TS/ventrilo or does it work outofthebox with just "push to talk"?

i always found the voip in arma cuts out alot and so its often hard to understand people, everyone in aus just uses ts and vent as a result. hope arma2 has better voip than arma1 :/

Litos,

you're right, Pilfius seems to have stopped his project. You might want to try Voice Activated Command (VAC) instead. It costs 18USD after a 30days trial but they have a working support forum.

Might want to use Shoot instead, it's free and works very well. While there's no ArmA profile for it, you can simply use the OFP one (and extend it for the missing orders)

http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

sorry but i have never used voice chat before.. does the arma voice chat require some program like TS/ventrilo or does it work outofthebox with just "push to talk"?

Just push and talk. ArmA has "TS" built in. ;)

Is it possable to have only voice come through your headphones and the rest of the game come out your speakers as normal (like the xbox360 mic). Reason for asking is I dont like having everyting coming from teh headphones because I cant hear people coming in the room behind me and scaring the runny stuff out of me.

pogoman979 - You can adjust voice quality if you're the host. The server is deciding how much bandwidth voip can use, and thus with high quality settings the sound is decent. Still Teamspeak/Ventrillo/Mumble offers way more than in-game voip, but for "pick-up" games it just works well.

Is it possable to have only voice come through your headphones and the rest of the game come out your speakers as normal (like the xbox360 mic). Reason for asking is I dont like having everyting coming from teh headphones because I cant hear people coming in the room behind me and scaring the runny stuff out of me.

If you're using ts or other exstrenal von programs, it's possible ( you'll need 2 soundcards though )

The internal von of arma, it's not possible, and i'm quite sure it's not possible for a2 either.

Theoretically devs can force software to work in 4channel modes, and with 4.0/5.1/7.1 capable soundcard, and you can connect headphones to the rear output jack. Still that's a pretty unusual setup and not a chance to be included. I'd go for two sound devices and external voicecomm

anyone know if it will be compatible on xbox360 controller and mic in arma2 pc version?