Sign in to follow this  
quiet_man

Mulitplayer planned?

Hello

my son is growing well (and got his first PC) so another question from me :rolleyes:

Is mutliplayer planned?

If yes, is Coop also planed?

QuietMan

It would be pointless not to have MP in a game like that so most probably yes. I'd wait for the official word though.

No doubt, if any game ever cried out for multiplayer it's this one. Good luck BI, several of us have some high hopes for this one. :)

Hello everyone,:wave:

I would like to introduce myself: I am Jan Kunt and I am Executive Producer of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission.

In my first official post here on the boards I am happy to confirm that the MULTIPLAYER is to be included in the game :wink_o:. Unfortunately I cannot divulge any more details at this point.

Awesome, Hopefully you will throw in coop with the Vs modes, would be nice to juggle roles on and off ship with mates, fly shoties in a manta each, or supply a bit of air cover for a Walrus... Or even give us a carrier each, tho would be better in a "skirmish" type game mode, in game saves for this mode will be great as people could simply play with existing friends or encourage them to make new online friends when one may have to leave, they can hook up later :P

The moment i read a post from Mr. Kunt and his input here within this thread i decided to join as i rarely do in other game site related forums. It shows that an active member not only of the development team but of a higher body is well aware of the input being posted within their company sites. Well done sir.

Mr. Kunt, if may be so bold as to ask if the team is also working on it having server files for gsp.

Sincerely

Jim

Hello everyone,:wave:

I would like to introduce myself: I am Jan Kunt and I am Executive Producer of Carrier Command: Gaea Mission.

In my first official post here on the boards I am happy to confirm that the MULTIPLAYER is to be included in the game :wink_o:. Unfortunately I cannot divulge any more details at this point.

Hello sir, one more thing. It has been noted the game is going to be for the 360 or some console is this true and will the game have a mission editor like OFP/ARMA games thank you.

I never played the original, but reading from other's posts I have got an idea of what it was about. Regarding editor, I'm not sure it would make that much sense include one in this game. The gameplay is just build units and finish the enemy right? maybe no point in editing missions. Perhaps a random map generator would be more useful. Just my two cents...

This is excellent. Just look how Napoleon: Total War will include cooperative multi-player in their campaign. It is a very sought after mode. Fans have yearned for it for years. I hope the developers of this game understand that as well. Any self-respecting strategy game, roaming real-time, turn-based or otherwise, should include a cooperative mode.

As a general notice:

Please don't release anything before it is thoroughly play-tested. :)

Edited by Intezar