Sign in to follow this  
garack666

Multiplayer in Arma 2 - Is Warping (Lag) and Cheats still an issue?

Also servers that do not allow mods will have less Snyc time involved and as such will be smoother and Video lag even with that bad boy card you have(feels like mem leak to me) on your part could be a problem and seem like a server issue.

Do you have any proof to back that statement, why would there be less sync time?

Do you have any proof to back that statement, why would there be less sync time?

I do not have proof but as one of the Admins for our group it has made a WORLD of difference and made our server run 80% better and we are talking about one of the best professional server companys in The united States Defcon servers in Dallas,Tx using Quad core and Fiber optic connection.

So just an observation playing on a Server setup with Domination and usally

filled with about 25-30 folks when I am on.

Oh and I don't know why but it is just an observation.

A cheater community now released a mem hack, and now you have cheaters everywhere.

ArmA 2 is lost now. Cheaters can do what they want and no one recognizes this.

Very bad, but I will stop playing till there is an anti-cheat engine. Additionally we will look for a different game.

Anti-cheat=Don't play on public servers??

There's a little bit of sarcasm in there. But I digress

I don't think it's "lost" just because people want to cheat. Find a group of people on pubs, is possible, but i think if you join a private server you will not have this issue.

Edited by Daniel M
added comment

Oh I thought about locking the server but If you stay on top of things the play can be fair and fun.

Haha banned 8 last night they came in and worked as a squad to TK including glitching in the control tower on Domination to shoot though the wall.

I joined a Domination game last night, where there was some sort of hacking going on when I joined. We were just being constantly being shot at the spawn flag by some wallhacker whos name wasnt appearing for the kills?

Anyway got fed up of this constantly for a few mins, and what chance has an admin of kicking/banning this cheater if no name is appearing?

We need something to sort this and soon .... for me public is the only multiplay I am gonna get. I cant really join a clan or something to get on a private server. My situation is that I usually be playing from around 11.00pm till around 03.00 am when my kids are sleeping in the room next door so I cant be hollering "INCOMIN'" on ts! Unless I wanna wake up the whole house which wont be pretty lol. I can listen just fine on my headphones though so thats fine for now:)

Oh I thought about locking the server but If you stay on top of things the play can be fair and fun.

Haha banned 8 last night they came in and worked as a squad to TK including glitching in the control tower on Domination to shoot though the wall.

Hahahaha.............. yeah except it is extremely unlikely that all 8 were guilty.

Yep, SPARTA server is very bad to ban for no reason. I would not say it but when you ban for no reason and then will not say why you did it.... :mad:

I had a friend on thier ask why and they just ignored him. funny thing is I was right in front of a admin as he was looking at me he got shot in the back then bans me. this is no way to get good people in your servers.

How about you tell them That we just got Nuked In Vybor and All hell was breaking loose

You were right behind me and I got TK'ed at base after tking Choppers and other players SO How was I to know if it was you or the guy behind you in a situation like that you must make fast decisions to stop the hackers.

You know I sent you a PM but you come on here talking Bovine Scat. If you want to go play on Kiddie servers go right ahead but Things must happen in the heat of Being Hacked.

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Hahahaha.............. yeah except it is extremely unlikely that all 8 were guilty.

WRONG I know beyond a doubt who was Tking. I have Screen shots.

Yep, SPARTA server is very bad to ban for no reason. I would not say it but when you ban for no reason and then will not say why you did it.... :mad:

I had a friend on thier ask why and they just ignored him. funny thing is I was right in front of a admin as he was looking at me he got shot in the back then bans me. this is no way to get good people in your servers.

Admins at SPARTA never ban for no reason. When a group comes in and starts wreaking havoc it is the job of the admin to restore order. In chaotic situations there can be collateral damage, but thats the risk of war.

Did you PM an Admin at the Sparta web site and explain the circumstances? Did you make any effort at all other than having some mysterious 'friend' ask about the action?

Your friend asked why and was ignored.. why is that surprising? Why would an admin discuss an administrative action with anyone but the affected player? Why would you expect any admin to discuss their actions with some stranger?

You want to know why you got banned? Ask through the appropriate channels. If a mistake was made and it can be verified, then the action can be amended. Simple enough.

this is no way to get good people in your servers.

Is actually hard to get on the server at night because it is always full. At least 80% of them are on TS too, which is awesome.

This should be discussed on the clan website, not here also.

Is actually hard to get on the server at night because it is always full. At least 80% of them are on TS too, which is awesome.

This should be discussed on the clan website, not here also.

I am not going to have to sign on everyones web site when I did nothing wrong.

@ Morgan969

"Your friend asked why and was ignored.. why is that surprising? Why would an admin discuss an administrative action with anyone but the affected player? Why would you expect any admin to discuss their actions with some stranger?"

If you want to be a prick about it then sure say nothing. I see no reason why he would not respond when asked in a nice way. Arma has very little players as it is now, lets not chase them all away. I just wanted to post here so server admins would know this is not the best way to deal with it. I have been playing this game for 8 years and never had a ban before. This is going to pm now with Halli.

Edited by R71

Admins at SPARTA never ban for no reason. When a group comes in and starts wreaking havoc it is the job of the admin to restore order. In chaotic situations there can be collateral damage, but thats the risk of war.

Did you PM an Admin at the Sparta web site and explain the circumstances? Did you make any effort at all other than having some mysterious 'friend' ask about the action?

Your friend asked why and was ignored.. why is that surprising? Why would an admin discuss an administrative action with anyone but the affected player? Why would you expect any admin to discuss their actions with some stranger?

You want to know why you got banned? Ask through the appropriate channels. If a mistake was made and it can be verified, then the action can be amended. Simple enough.

I get that all the time a group will come in and just go crazy disobey the rules run others off etc , trying to sort it I kick and ban the ring leader right off most of the his followers will leave too, but once in a while there will be one guy that has to stick around and complain that his friends where kicked.

I have not seen that many hackers in this game. The main amount of problems I see is team killers, and people that dont want to work as a team. I do spend most of my time in a locked server though.

Anti-cheat=Don't play on public servers??

There's a little bit of sarcasm in there. But I digress

I don't think it's "lost" just because people want to cheat. Find a group of people on pubs, is possible, but i think if you join a private server you will not have this issue.

Good idea, yeah.

And what do you suggest to server hoster and hoster with own missions? :mad:

Thanks for your care but still no solution.

And locking the server of a game which has no defined rounds or no end is no solution either.

The best solution is an anti-cheat engine like Battleye.

The best solution is an anti-cheat engine like Battleye.

Yep the sooner the better as I would like to play rather than babysit.

Battleye won't help for most of the cheats you are seeing because they are just addons, not 3rd party apps.

Mere addon hack doesn't go past signature check. There's something else for this, and BE could help

I hate fatty little tools that start these hacks. If I had the chance, I'd kick their jaw in.