Sign in to follow this  
l mandrake

Logitech G35 headphones + Arma?

Not sure where to post this so......

Anyone tried these with Arma yet? I've read that their 7.1 surround performance is excellent, but ONLY if the game supports full surround, so I guess my question is, does Arma?

bump:

I too would like to know about the 7.1 support in arma2?

also, i would appreciate word from anyone who has any advise regarding 3d headphones, do you have some, can you actually hear where the noise is coming from, any silly issues like not being able to hear sound coming from directly infront of you etc?

I had lots of issues with the G35. Sounds great when working but with Arma2 would not work, Arma2 crashed etc, unless I booted my system without G35 hooked up. After windows running then I plugged in the USB and mostly ran but sometimes not. Now with Arma2 OA it will not run at all. Arma2 OA will not load. Just shows up in the task manager.

I am using Windows 7 64bit

I've got a G35 and Arma and I love it.

Directional sound works like a charm, and I can tell what direction gunfire/vehicles/footsteps are coming from. Gunshots are implemented honestly: you hear the crack as it passes you, then you hear the gunfire and can tell direction.

Unlike the other poster, I haven't had any significant problems with my G35 (also using W7-64). My only minor problem is that sometimes my center channel goes silent, but I can fix that by turning Dolby off and then back on via the headset switch.

I highly recommend directional sound for any FPS game, it helps beyond belief.

Interesting...

I had the same results as you when I first got the G35. Great sound and loved it. Then some weeks later it started having issues with ARMA2 and TeamSpeak. Now enabeling it sometime it works for a day or two then boom.! Arma and TeamSpeak don't work with it.

Since I am active with lots of additional software on my system and trying new things my issue could be related to some other software interaction. I run around 50 different application on my system.

Keep us posted if the G35 continues to work.

Do you load other software or have software the get update very often?

I use Razer Barracuda H-1 (or smth like that) with ArmA II and it definitely supports 3d sound (5.1, probably). I'm not sure if it's capable of 7.1 as well, but the difference shouldn't be that huge. Anyway - having good headphones/surround speakers really gives you an advantage in multiplayer. You can hear tanks and other vehickes form a kilometer away and can intercept them with an RPG or whet ever.

Point is - good sound will help you enjoy this game a lot more.

Edited by Tulx
Typing mistakes

The sound is great but for me the ear pieces kill my ears. I'm using my turtle beach x41 now and they are light and wireless but not 7.1

G35 REALLY good with arma... As said... Sound identification is MUCH easier... Works perfect!

Ok lets see, had the G35 for a while now (year+ maybe?, long enough), very good with ArmA and most of games. However, if you're going to spend that kind of money, I'd recommend any of Tritton AX series with "Analog" 5.1 support. Assuming of course you have the hardware for it. Still using my good ole X-Fi extreme, although I have 7.1 on the X58. Most new gen mobos have analog 5.1 support these days. X-Fi's are cheap too. ;)

I also suffer from that jacked up center speaker deal with the G35s.. Use an AX51 set most of the time. Had them a while also. Only complaint being a weak mic boom ... it's functional but doesn't handle repeated drops very well. (if you're one of those types, like me)

End of the day though, I've tried quite a few headphones over the last couple years. (incl. razor, plantronics, creative) Analog is far cleaner/crisper than pushing the USB line in my experience.

Cheers

Edited by Gnome_AS