W0lle

Cooperation with evilas / Project 85

Working together and if - how?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Working together and if - how?

• Models and textures - all for the community
    • No models but retextures of our models are OK
    • evilas?!?! Arghh no way!!!

Well no, not really cooperation but more like accepting models or just textures from them.

I recently have the option to get some of his Models, some rifles and the M151 Jeeps.

Alternatively I thought we maybe keep our own models because they work but only let vilas and his "team" retexture them.

At the moment I have no idea if Topas is still with us and working on the textures. :(

Edited by W0lle

Well, vilas makes very good work. However, his models (ie AK47 / 74 / CZ) are very very good and we could use them if necessary. But, of course, the main point here is his textures which are very very good. If we can't get the models, I'd just be satisfied with the textures.

I really would like to do everything possible for the community to enjoy the mod better but I think that we have little reason to believe that cooperating won't come back to haunt us later. He hasn't even the time to figure out who he is talking to before he launches into a huge tirade about some deal that went bad like 2 1/2 years ago. I voted no but I think there's room to assess what kind of 'deal' it is that we're making here. Obviously, he thinks he is getting something in return. The only question is what that is. Perhaps next time the P'85 thread is to be moderated, the issue of the donations will be brought up if W0lle is moderating.

On the other hand, maybe some cooperation will settle him down a little.

• Like 1

I really would like to do everything possible for the community to enjoy the mod better but I think that we have little reason to believe that cooperating won't come back to haunt us later. He hasn't even the time to figure out who he is talking to before he launches into a huge tirade about some deal that went bad like 2 1/2 years ago. I voted no but I think there's room to assess what kind of 'deal' it is that we're making here. Obviously, he thinks he is getting something in return. The only question is what that is. Perhaps next time the P'85 thread is to be moderated, the issue of the donations will be brought up if W0lle is moderating.

On the other hand, maybe some cooperation will settle him down a little.

That's all valid points indeed. First off, he will get nothing in return than credits as everyone else. Everything else passed long time, simply because he comes that late now.

CSLA Mod for example received the RC1 and 2 files in return for their donation so they can start converting their old campaigns. The same could have arranged for P'85 IF evilas would have cooperated earlier. Unfortunately he didn't. What we could offer is assistance in converting missions/campaigns if that is needed.

As far as it concerns moderation, I simply stay away from all P'85/evilas threads and let someone else deal with it. :p

I'm no fan of that cooperation idea either, let's make that clear. It was evilas who approached me with this - for whatever reason. But it's obvious that with donations from them we could save us many, many hours of work and make the community happy as well. And I think that's what counts too, especially as we're all volunteers.

Well, let's make the terms clear then before we cooperate (if the current poll is reflective of the eventual outcome). Like, we'll be using CWC's values and that these are donations and he'll be given due credit, not tradesies for favours.

• Like 1

Offering a cooperation looks like Vilas have changed his mind and attitude, so maybe its a good idea to offer him a hand.

Did vilas mention anything about what kind of cooperation he would like.

If its about sharing some files or helping in missions or configs it would benefit CWR and P85 and off course also the community.

Cooperation is always good. Maybe in this case it makes sense to write something like a contract on which both sides agree, so nobody can say that x promised Y etc.

• Like 1

I like that idea. It would serve to remind Vilas of what occured at this time and maybe we would have less of other peoples' garbage superimposed upon us in his mind. If we do this, though, we must make sure that we uphold our part of the bargain 100%. If we slack off on it, it's only our fault if he becomes unhappy again.

• Like 1