Sign in to follow this  
amadieus

Arma and Windows 7

How does Arma works with windows 7?

I heard that punkbuster has problems with windows 7, does battle eye has this to?:)

ArmA works just fine with Windows 7. I've started to try out ArmA with Windows 7 beta, currently the RC. I have no issues with BattlEye either.

+1

64bit Win 7 RC1 here, and no problems with Arma. Performance seems actually a bit better than with the 32-bit XP I had before.

Aaah cool thanks guys

And how is it with other games :)

I have build myn new pc and i can't choose between vista 64bit or windows 7 64 bit :p

I can confirm too that Windows 7 RC 7100 x64 runs ArmA perfectly.

Also Punkbuster has started working in a bunch of games. Seems they released some updates to the various games. You need to go to their website and get the pbsetup.exe. Then use it to manually update your game. I got no issues with BF2.

for the cPBO i guess you'll need to turn of UAC (if it exists) since vista (maybe 7 too) blocks most programs that runs through command prompt (cmd)

Any experience yet with Win7 and dedi server?

And yes, cPBO and Vista works fine...what sort of probs you have?

I have the same problem getting CPBO to work on my computer. I am running Windows 7 RC 7100 also and I get this message:

pbo association failed!pbo association failed!Directory association failed!employment association failed!sanity association failed!done

No one? Does anyone have a fix suggestion for this?

Works alright for me too. Performance seems great after patching as well.

Hey guys i have a problem with Arma(1).

If i wanna start up arma 1 my computer crashes:butbut::butbut:.

Can anybody help me .:confused::confused::eek:

I have windows 7

Edited by thijsi

Just a quick note to let you know, this post belongs in the Arma troubleshooting section any future issues or posts try to

find an existing post with your issue would be best as is the search feature, moderators will love you for it.

but to answer your question,

not really sure what Arma has to do with windows 7, not like the game is based on your internet browser.

I have windows 7 but my game is fine so it would have to do with your computer setup, so list you computer specs.

I'm working with Win7 32bits. Then maybe it is my hardware. Tkuall.

Hi thijsi,

what are you getting? What do you mean by crash, does the computer freeze? Restart? Can you alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del?

there have been problems with Win7 and machines with 4 or more gigs of memory, but these have been fixed in version 1.18RC.

also what version of arma are you running?

I have the same problem getting CPBO to work on my computer. I am running Windows 7 RC 7100 also and I get this message:

pbo association failed!pbo association failed!Directory association failed!employment association failed!sanity association failed!done

Right-click the executable and select "Run as Administrator"

Doesn't really matter, though. CPBO doesn't seem to work with W7. Try Eliteness 2.52:

http://www.ofpec.com/addons_depot/index.php?action=details&id=118